Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-14, 12:19 PM  
woodie

Love all these suggestions!!! Thank you so much!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 02:34 PM  
casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Casey, can I ask how many days a week you would use these? Thanks!
Leanne Its been a while because I do Tonique and Ballet Body with running now. I rotated Squeeze Stronger, Jari Love (including Ripped and Chiseled) and Tracy Mallet Booty Barre (Arms and Abs and Totally New Body) with running. So one of those DVD workouts 3-4x a week and running/pure cardio 2-3x a week, for a 6 day maximum. I think I was also doing Tonique but only on occasion. I also would sometimes do Cathe Body Max 2, the upper body segment which is about 35 minutes long and very good but heavier weight. Just a caveat, I was doing entire DVDs, not just the arm work, on all those workouts, except for BM2.

I think my arms looked best when I was doing those workouts.. Now I am doing more body weight work with Tonique and Ballet Body. My arms look toned and tight but not as cut and defined. I think this has happened now that I'm older (51). I have to use free weights to have those cuts and curves in my arms. However, if it's "behind" results we are discussing, I would say Tonique and Ballet Body have been excellent in that area for me, too. I am completely tightened up from this rotation, for sure, more than any other one I have ever done.

HTH Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 07:01 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Leanne Its been a while because I do Tonique and Ballet Body with running now. I rotated Squeeze Stronger, Jari Love (including Ripped and Chiseled) and Tracy Mallet Booty Barre (Arms and Abs and Totally New Body) with running. So one of those DVD workouts 3-4x a week and running/pure cardio 2-3x a week, for a 6 day maximum. I think I was also doing Tonique but only on occasion. I also would sometimes do Cathe Body Max 2, the upper body segment which is about 35 minutes long and very good but heavier weight. Just a caveat, I was doing entire DVDs, not just the arm work, on all those workouts, except for BM2.

I think my arms looked best when I was doing those workouts.. Now I am doing more body weight work with Tonique and Ballet Body. My arms look toned and tight but not as cut and defined. I think this has happened now that I'm older (51). I have to use free weights to have those cuts and curves in my arms. However, if it's "behind" results we are discussing, I would say Tonique and Ballet Body have been excellent in that area for me, too. I am completely tightened up from this rotation, for sure, more than any other one I have ever done.

HTH Casey
Thanks so much, Casey! That helps a lot -- and how awesome that your legs have gotten such great results! Thank you!!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 04:42 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Suzanne Bowen's Pilates Perfect Body also has a short 10 minute arm section with light weights and it also does the job!
I just saw these on You Tube. Jackie, thank you for recommending them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSKaW3VH7nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGL9h9A5BsA
Old 12-30-14, 08:54 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks for the links. Those workouts look great. I'm going to download them to DVD. I wonder if the full workout is chaptered on YouTube. I couldn't tell on my iPad.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 05:58 PM  
readcookrun

Thank you for the link, too! I just did the arms and, wow, they burned like crazy. I thought my arms were going to be okay because I do TA Meta, Mat and Precision Toning Arms and Leah Sarago's Upper Body DVD regularly, but I think this hits the arms in a different way. Also, this is my first exposure to Suzanne Bowen. She's great! I'm off to look at her other DVDs.
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, squeeze arm work, squeeze stronger, swan arms