Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-11, 10:59 AM  
KellyMarie65

Xtend Barre difficulty level compared to Squeeze Stronger?

Is this workout on the same level as Squeeze Stronger? If it is, I think I will buy it (*still trying to decide lol) if not then I don't think it would be worth it for me. tia for any info
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 11:01 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

No, I don't think Xtend is nearly as challenging as Squeeze Stronger but it is very difficult to compare them since they take a completely different approach to barre: Squeeze is more athletic and Xtend is closer to ballet (and shorter).
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 11:12 AM  
desertMermaid

I agree with Fuzzie it's very difficult to compare Squeeze Stronger with Xtend Barre. I love them both, but they are VERY different. If you're looking for a workout like Squeeze Stronger, I would not recommend Xtend Barre.

IMO:
Squeeze Stronger is a very intense athletic toning workout based partly on barre and lotte berk type movements.

Xtend Barre is a blend of Cardio and toning, based on ballet and Pilates. Additionally it includes lots of balance exercises.

Again, I think they are both awesome, but very different from one another. That being said I feel Squeeze stronger is by far a more challenging workout.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 11:26 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I agree with Fuzzie it's very difficult to compare Squeeze Stronger with Xtend Barre. I love them both, but they are VERY different. If you're looking for a workout like Squeeze Stronger, I would not recommend Xtend Barre.

IMO:
Squeeze Stronger is a very intense athletic toning workout based partly on barre and lotte berk type movements.

Xtend Barre is a blend of Cardio and toning, based on ballet and Pilates. Additionally it includes lots of balance exercises.

Again, I think they are both awesome, but very different from one another. That being said I feel Squeeze stronger is by far a more challenging workout.

Then would it be safe to say do Squeeze stronger one day and Xtend Barre the next day for a lighter workout without it being too much?
Old 04-20-11, 11:34 AM  
desertMermaid

If it were me, I'd use Xtend Barre for Cardio and Squeeze Stronger for Strength/toning.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 11:36 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Then would it be safe to say do Squeeze stronger one day and Xtend Barre the next day for a lighter workout without it being too much?
Absolutely! My only warning would be to maybe skip the upper body work on Xtend or to use very light weights. SS works the upper body pretty thoroughly and I think you need a recovery.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 11:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Absolutely! My only warning would be to maybe skip the upper body work on Xtend or to use very light weights. SS works the upper body pretty thoroughly and I think you need a recovery.
I agree that you could alternate the two; I don't think you'd need to skip the upper body in Xtend though, as it's actually designed to be performed with very light weights (and the 2nd half is unweighted).

I also agree that these two workouts are totally different!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 12:02 PM  
KellyMarie65

Oh good, thanks. I will use it as a "rest" day when I go buggy trying to not workout lol I have those days sometimes. Telling myself, "well you can't do this because you worked that area yesterday" lol I need something for those days, maybe this is it
Old 04-20-11, 12:49 PM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
If it were me, I'd use Xtend Barre for Cardio and Squeeze Stronger for Strength/toning.
Yes totally agree Xtend Barre is more cardio while Squeeze Stronger is more toning. I always get a better cardio workout with the lower body part of Xtend Barre which incorporates larger range of motion movements whereas Squeeze Stronger has more isometric moves. Whereas the upper body workout of Squeeze Stronger I find is more intense than Xtend Barre.
So upper body of Squeeze Stronger and lower body of Xtend Barre is the perfect workout for me
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
andrea leigh rogers, andrea rogers, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger, xtend barre