Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-11, 08:35 AM  
KellyMarie65

Booty Barre vs Advanced Dancer's Body

I want to buy another workout like Squeeze Stronger and P57. Which of these is the closest to those? I know I've asked questions before but am having a real hard time figuring out which one I would really use and like as much as Squeeze and P57. It looks like there is good arm work in dancer's body too. tia for any info
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:43 AM  
kariev34

Get booty barre. Its similar to p57 and squeeze in that its faster paced, gets your heartrate up, and uses bigger movements, dancers body is very challenging but the movements are very small and precise. I love both but do happen to favor bigger movements like those in booty barre.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:47 AM  
JP44

ITA w/ Kariev. Get Booty Barre. Way more fun and more for your money. Very good UB work. Yes, it's light on floor abs, but you do a lot of standing oblique work w/ the side leg lifts. IMO, It's easy to find great ab workouts. It's much harder to find great advanced barre workouts. Booty Barre delivers!

Here's a recent thread about DB.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ie#post1735472

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:48 AM  
mj476

Another vote for Booty Barre! As kariev said, it's faster paced than Dancer's Body and has larger range of motion movements (also something I prefer as well). I also think Booty Barre is more challenging plus it definitely burns more calories.

Marcy
Old 03-25-11, 08:49 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

They are VERY different.

BM Dancer's Body is truly a traditional barre workout with the Lotte Berk sequence and an emphasis on small isometric movement (e.g., pliés down and inch and up an inch; pelvic tucks; tiny pulses and isometric holds). The upper body work is solid but short - I always feel my triceps for a couple of days afterward. It is well balanced (with a lot of calf and thigh work). The workout has a calm, "disciplined" vibe but it is still upbeat and no time is wasted setting up the moves.

Booty Barre is more of a fusion barre workout, with more inspiration from pilates and ballet. The range of movement is generally larger and the movements are more dynamic (e.g., full range pliés, large kicks). As a result, the workout has more of a cardio effect. The core work is very short.

I have and enjoy both these workouts. IMO they are very complementary. As a comparison, I would say P57 falls somewhere between DB and BB. Squeeze is different since it offers more of an athletic take on the barre genre.

HTH
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:09 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
Another vote for Booty Barre! As kariev said, it's faster paced than Dancer's Body and has larger range of motion movements (also something I prefer as well). I also think Booty Barre is more challenging plus it definitely burns more calories.

Marcy

More challenging would be best for me. I don't mind slow, I just don't want it easier than P57 or Squeeze Stronger.
Old 03-25-11, 10:44 AM  
acta5534

KellyMarie, I tried Booty Barre for the first time last night, and I'm not that crazy about it. I think P57 is harder and burns more. Booty Barre didn't feel like a barre workout. It gets your heart rate up because the movements are larger and faster, but I didn't really feel worked out like I do with P57.
acta5534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:49 AM  
mj476

Quote:
Originally Posted by acta5534 View Post
KellyMarie, I tried Booty Barre for the first time last night, and I'm not that crazy about it. I think P57 is harder and burns more. Booty Barre didn't feel like a barre workout. It gets your heart rate up because the movements are larger and faster, but I didn't really feel worked out like I do with P57.
Actually, I beg to differ. I've been doing only P57 for the past month and with the exception of abs, I feel more challenged by Booty Barre. That last segment of abs on P57 Vol. 2 Classic always slays me. I'm going to start doing Booty Barre again next month so I'll have to see if I still feel the same.

Marcy
Old 03-25-11, 10:57 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
Actually, I beg to differ. I've been doing only P57 for the past month and with the exception of abs, I feel more challenged by Booty Barre. That last segment of abs on P57 Vol. 2 Classic always slays me. I'm going to start doing Booty Barre again next month so I'll have to see if I still feel the same.

Marcy
Ugh, now I really can't decide lol I had a hard time with P57 Vol 2 abs too. I usually keep up really well in all my other workouts but that one is hard but I like the challenge lol
Old 03-25-11, 10:58 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
They are VERY different.

BM Dancer's Body is truly a traditional barre workout with the Lotte Berk sequence and an emphasis on small isometric movement (e.g., pliés down and inch and up an inch; pelvic tucks; tiny pulses and isometric holds). The upper body work is solid but short - I always feel my triceps for a couple of days afterward. It is well balanced (with a lot of calf and thigh work). The workout has a calm, "disciplined" vibe but it is still upbeat and no time is wasted setting up the moves.

Booty Barre is more of a fusion barre workout, with more inspiration from pilates and ballet. The range of movement is generally larger and the movements are more dynamic (e.g., full range pliés, large kicks). As a result, the workout has more of a cardio effect. The core work is very short.

I have and enjoy both these workouts. IMO they are very complementary. As a comparison, I would say P57 falls somewhere between DB and BB. Squeeze is different since it offers more of an athletic take on the barre genre.

HTH
Okay, maybe I'd like advanced body then, I do like the smaller movements that really work deep in the muscle. Ugh, someday I'll make up my mind here. lol

Tags
barre, booty barre, dancer's body, p57, squeeze stronger