Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-11, 04:16 PM  
slysam

I don't have the Original Squeeze but Squeeze Stronger is one of my favorite barre dvds so far. The upper body work in it gets me like nothing else so far. I don't have her stick and just use a staff that I have but a broom stick would work. She only uses it for the waist and some ab work so you could still get a lot out of the workout even if you don't have anything. I am not sure I would use a weighted bar as I think that would really kill on the waist work. Every time I do this workout I get major doms in my upper body and waist. If you like endurance work and challenging barre you may like this. Perhaps you can try it once before sending it back. (It also has premixes so you can do split lower and upper body workouts if you want or are short on time). The whole workout is kind of long--I think it is about 70 minutes or so?
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 04:30 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephE View Post
do I really need to master the original "Squeeze" workout first before doing "Squeeze Stronger"?
No. The two workouts are a little different. Squeeze is more barre oriented, SqS is more hi rep/low weight. Even though SqS has a few of the same moves as Squeeze, Tracy's instruction is thorough.

Quote:
Also, the "Squeeze Stronger" uses that bar thing of hers. I think I've read where people use a broom stick or dowel (or what do you use?), but do you still get as good of a workout substituting those with those?
I appreciate your reviews/opinions on "Squeeze Stronger".
I used a broom handle, then bought the Squeeze bar on sale, sold Squeeze bar on eBay because it just took up space in the closet, now I'm back to the broom handle.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 05:56 PM  
StephE

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate your feedback!

I was planning on keeping this one anyway because I just feel bad sending it back to Mary since I did order it, even if it was by mistake. I'll just keep "Squeeze Stronger" and order "Squeeze" later on. From the sounds of it, this one is a keeper, and I probably would've bought it later on anyway. I'm so glad to hear so many positive reviews about this one. And good to know that I don't need to "master" "Squeeze" before doing this one. I was afraid this one was much more advanced, but sounds like it's mostly just "different", not so much "more advanced" after all. I'm also glad that a broomstick will work just fine. Although the true vidiot in me will probably hope that the Squeeze bar will go on a clearance sale! LOL!

I noticed someone mentioned that the first "Squeeze" has more Barrre work. That's what I really wanted it for. Does "Squeeze Stronger" have any Barre work? I'm sorry to ask this since I could just watch the DVD, but I might not have time to preview/try it out until this weekend or early next week, and I'm too impatient for that! This vidiot wants to know like now!

Thanks again, everyone! I VF!!!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 05:59 PM  
desertMermaid

It's been an awful long time since I did either, but yes they both have barre work. If you want exact details I'm afraid I can't recall how much exactly. I remember it being enough to satisfy. Then she moves on the floor work which is killer especially the Pretzel/Clam combo! Love it!
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 06:19 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
I am not sure I would use a weighted bar as I think that would really kill on the waist work. Every time I do this workout I get major doms in my upper body and waist.
I borrowed Squeeze Stronger from another VFer. Tracey does the waist work at lightening speed. I had severe waist DOMS and didn't like it. Maybe it's just me, but hurting in your waist is too close to hurting in your lower back. It was a bad pain and not a good pain. I welcome DOMS in my legs, or chest, or triceps, or even my abs - but I don't like them in my waist.
Old 01-26-11, 06:32 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
It's been an awful long time since I did either, but yes they both have barre work. If you want exact details I'm afraid I can't recall how much exactly. I remember it being enough to satisfy. Then she moves on the floor work which is killer especially the Pretzel/Clam combo! Love it!
It's been a long time for me too, but I definitely think of Squeeze Stronger as a barre workout. Most of the lower-body work is at the barre (except for that amazing pretzel/clam combo).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 06:40 PM  
Scbayless

I adore SS. I got it before I got the first squeeze. I. Like it more. You can do segments or the whole thing as a stand alone work out. I use a dowl from lowes for my bar. It has th best waist work out there
Old 01-26-11, 06:47 PM  
CharM

I'm going to join the SS fest. The upper body section is killer and I love the pretzel/clam combo.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 10:09 PM  
Eibhinn

I personally would recommend wrapping a hand towel around the middle of the dowel and wrapping the ends with masking tape - like Gin Miller does on her straight up stick workout (check the clip at the 1 minute mark onward for a visual: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SALS...-DVD-p/780.htm). Our necks tend to be sensitive, and the only thing I see the squeeze stick having over a dowel is the padding at the neck. Enter handtowel. Also, do things at your own pace, especially at first - Tracy's pace approaches crazy at times. Also crazy? The hyper fast deadlift warm-up, especially if you do the upper body premix. I shouldn't have doms in my hamstrings for two days after doing an upper body workout. That said, I really like both Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger. I prefer the original Squeeze, but I seem to be in a very small minority on that.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 02:13 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

I did exactly what the OP did...got Squeeze Stronger first. You can do it. At first I just used a mop stick but eventually got the squeeze stick which I thought would be unnecessary but I absolutely love it.

If it's too tough at first or you are time restricted, just do the Upper Body Workout or Lower Body Workout and it works out great. I eventually got the original Squeeze which I also adore as it does it all in 45 minutes.

These two are on my very short "never trade and never sell" list.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, squeeze, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger