Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-10, 02:02 PM  
icebergslim

Thumbs up Squeeze Stronger, WHERE HAVE I BEEN???

I got this workout during Mary's sale.

I just finished, OMG, this workout was tough.

The arm segment had me on fire and I workout regularly with kettlebells. I had to drop the weight a couple of times. I think it is the way Tracy has each arm exercise situated that after the 3x routine, your arms are on fire.

I was thankful for the waist and thigh exercise before going to push ups.

The leg work was barre centric and the floor work had my lower body on fire.

I decided to get this workout because many on here said it was harder than Squeeze, which I thought was too easy and I gave away to my sister.

Also, my husband purchased CLX for my Xmas present, along with P57 which I did not ask for but was on QVC and an impulse buy for him. I think I will incorporate P57 and Squeeze Stronger with my kbs. CLX will be for late winter, early spring rotation.

I hope Tracy makes more workouts like Squeeze Stronger. I am late on this train, but rather late than never.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 02:38 PM  
trishthedish

I recently acquired this one and couldn't agree more! I was mad at myself for not having purchased it sooner!! The upper body work is brutal, the ab work is awesome (that sequence makes my abs burn like nobody's business!!) and that pretzel clam combo - holy cow! Crazy! I love SS! I agree - she needs to make more workouts!!
Old 12-29-10, 02:44 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
that pretzel clam combo - holy cow! Crazy!
That's my favorite part of the workout. I recently took out my Squeeze workouts after not doing them for a long time. I did Squeeze Lower Body Challenge, followed by the pretzel clam combo from SS and then a nice long stretch - wonderful!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 03:27 PM  
Sass

This workout is tough, but I love it. I do it at least once a week because I love it so much.
Old 12-29-10, 03:33 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I wish Tracy would make a follow-up to Squeeze Stronger as well. I don't find the standing leg work to be that challenging but the upper body and floorwork are amazing. I'm definitely going to work Squeeze Stronger into my rotation more often.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 03:38 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
That's my favorite part of the workout. I recently took out my Squeeze workouts after not doing them for a long time. I did Squeeze Lower Body Challenge, followed by the pretzel clam combo from SS and then a nice long stretch - wonderful!
Oh my goodness, my glutes would be on fire! LOL I don't want to start anything, but if I were you, I'd do the same combination, replacing the pretzel clam combo with the two leg combos from James' newest--especially the first one! Or maybe even SLBC with pretzel clam and then finished off with James! (Of course, now you know I have to reacquire SLBC!)
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 03:46 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
Oh my goodness, my glutes would be on fire! LOL I don't want to start anything, but if I were you, I'd do the same combination, replacing the pretzel clam combo with the two leg combos from James' newest--especially the first one! Or maybe even SLBC with pretzel clam and then finished off with James! (Of course, now you know I have to reacquire SLBC!)
With all the leg abduction variations, I mostly felt this in my medial glutes and outer thighs.

Why am I not surprised that you would suggest something of James? I am anxiously waiting to receive this one, actually, so I will keep that idea in mind!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 03:50 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
With all the leg abduction variations, I mostly felt this in my medial glutes and outer thighs.

Why am I not surprised that you would suggest something of James? I am anxiously waiting to receive this one, actually, so I will keep that idea in mind!
I know you're shocked that I recommended some of James' stuff! LOL His first leg workout would be more along the lines of the pretzel clam (there is a nasty clam variation in there that I ) but the second (easier but still good) workout is more about spinal extension and working the glute max. The first is more like a pilates side series but the latter is more floor barreish (in the classical ballet sense), in my opinion. (See, I'm all about balance!)
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 04:46 PM  
bearcatfan

Do I want to know who James is?
Old 12-29-10, 04:55 PM  
F1mom

Are we talking about James D'Silva? I just received Pure Sculpt from my VF Santa and tried just one lower body section along with the arms sections and really liked it.

Back on topic, I did the arms sections from Squeeze and SS throughout pregnancy along with P57 Arms & Abs and I have very nice definition. Once I'd dusted off my Squeezes I ended up getting rid of most of my other barre workouts because I liked Tracy so much.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, clam, pretzel, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger