Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-07, 04:27 PM  
LMM

Thanks Laura.
LMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 10:25 PM  
Indexer

Hi, I am also new here. I began working out at home about a year ago, when my mom introduced me to Leslie Sansone- for the record- my mom belongs to and actually attends two different gyms-- one for aerobics, one for yoga! But I found that between work and my toddler, it's just not realistic for me. Anyway, I'd like to start doing more toning and looking forward to hearing all of your suggestions.
Indexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 03:29 AM  
catwoman

Welcome Indexer! It's great to have you join the VF community. That's super that your mom introduced you to Leslie and that you can share in the area of fitness & health! You'll be a great role model for your toddler, who I'm sure is keeping Mom on her toes. Looking forward to hearing more from you here at VF.
Old 01-29-07, 05:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Indexer,

Welcome to VF! You are one of many moms here trying to figure out how to fit it all in. Feel free to ask your questions!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 12:28 PM  
new2me

Hi and welcome to both Linda and Indexer!!! Glad you both introduced yourselves.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 11:03 AM  
paisley1

Hi :)

I everyone--I'm Katie.
I'm a 22-year-old student in Colorado and I've always--always!--loved exercise videos.
I had a kids rainforest workout when I was little and I'd try to join my mom while she did the Firm and Street Jam. :P
Anyway, I stopped doing home workouts when I went to college because I thought my roommates would laugh if I was stepping in the dorms. But a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a huge sale of Firm dvds and an $11 Fanny Lifter kit and now I'm back in business!
Also, I gained 30 lbs in the last year do to poor eating and no exercise--I've lost 6 lbs so far and my workout videos are helping me get there!
I mostly own Firm dvds and some pilates and yoga--I'm looking to expand my horizons though!
I look forward to participating in these forums.
paisley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 01:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Katie,

It sounds like you are on your way! Good job on getting back in the groove. Welcome to VF. Feel free to jump in. There is a check in for people in their 20s and 30s, if you are looking for a group of like-minded, same-aged people to interact with about exercising. If you're interested, here's a link.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-02-07, 01:53 PM  
saffron

Just joined today!

Hi Everyone!
Finally registered for the forums today, although I've been lurking as a guest for a few months......I've learned so much from everyone here already - it seems that every question I can think to ask has been answered already so I just enjoy reading.
Right now I'm looking for a Challenge/Check-in group to join .... I enjoy moderate/intermediate level exercise and I looooove CardioCoach
I look forward to participating more on the forums.

Take Care
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Saffron,

Glad you are finding the info you need/want. Since you have been around for awhile, I don't have to tell you to hide your credit cards! There has to be a check in that is about Cardio Coach or a challenge that includes it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-02-07, 08:37 PM  
catwoman

Hello There!

Hi Katie! Hi Saffron! A Big VF welcome to both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron
Right now I'm looking for a Challenge/Check-in group to join .... I enjoy moderate/intermediate level exercise and I looooove CardioCoach
I belong to the Intermediates checkin - which we try to do once a week, sometimes people post more often. The invitation is open to EVERYONE to join us. You are welcome to join any checkin. I'd encourage you to just jump right in! I really enjoy my group and it helps me be more consistent. And I LOOOOVE Cardio Coach, too! - Kelly

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread