Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-06, 05:20 PM  
Daphne M

Helen - Are you still dealing with the long commute? Mine is not as bad as yours, but I'm usually in the car around 2 hours daily total. Now I do Pilates while I'm driving. I would love to live in your neck of the woods, there are so many great areas to ride. And run.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 05:37 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M
Helen - Are you still dealing with the long commute? Mine is not as bad as yours, but I'm usually in the car around 2 hours daily total. Now I do Pilates while I'm driving. I would love to live in your neck of the woods, there are so many great areas to ride. And run.
No, we moved. I only live 15 minutes away from work now. Our new city is smaller so there are lots of great areas to ride, run, shoot, etc. We're closer to the mountains so we have great views from our windows but unfortunately, we're further away from the ski resorts (the mountains next to us are great for camping but there aren't any ski places). That's funny that you do Pilates while driving. I guess you can only do certain Pilates exercises.

Helen
Old 12-14-06, 06:50 PM  
Daphne M

Updates anyone?

I happen to know that Caroline has previewed Hardcore Hundred and I bet a few other insane, I mean, highly-motivated VFers have taken the Hardcore Plunge too.

So -- anyone want to share? Even if you haven't done it, it would put me so in the holiday spirit just to hear one of Coach Troy's famous lines, like: "You can puke, but then you have to mop it up!"

Bwahahaha!
Breast Cancer Survivor
Old 12-14-06, 07:08 PM  
SueNJ
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda
I said I was EYEING the workout! I don't have it yet.

You have plenty of time to think about it and prepare because realistically? I won't be ready for it until summer or even next fall. But it's a long term goal!

Cleda
Y'all can count me in on this one. I don't have the DVD yet, either, but with my knees going bad on me, cycling is one of the few things I can still do relatively pain-free. I know many of us have done centuries that kept us on the bike longer than 5 hours (albeit with a few breaks here and there), and maybe if we suffer together the 5 hours will go by quicker! I need a good long-term goal.
Old 12-14-06, 07:10 PM  
SueNJ
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M
So -- anyone want to share? Even if you haven't done it, it would put me so in the holiday spirit just to hear one of Coach Troy's famous lines, like: "You can puke, but then you have to mop it up!"

Bwahahaha!
Oh yeah, I'd love to hear another one of his highly motivating one-liners like that! What will he come up with next?
Old 12-14-06, 07:56 PM  
Liz N
VF Supporter

I'm on the fence

I'm thinking about it...I still haven't done Tough Love yet, but it's waiting for me.

What could be fun is doing this in front of our computers and use Skype. Five hours is way too long to spend without live human company!

"I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul" Savage Garden

Looking for some fitness inspiration? Visit my blog - see profile
Liz N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 08:02 PM  
germaine

It's on my list

I asked for the Flexible Warrior, HC100 and some Runervals(since I now have a treadmill) for Christmas. I know DH ordered from Spinervals(he had to ask for the website name) so I just have to wait and see what I get...then I'll go and buy the others :rolleyes:
germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 07:58 AM  
giacchina
VF Supporter

I've got it...

And plan to do some of it today, some more tomorrow, and the next day, etc. Daphne, I'm in if you want to get together and attempt the insane. I only ask for good tunes (and some time to get my butt used to being on a bike for that long)...

Jackie
giacchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 10:46 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have nothing to add, I just like to be included in every spinervals thread!
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 10:55 AM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacchina
And plan to do some of it today, some more tomorrow, and the next day, etc. Daphne, I'm in if you want to get together and attempt the insane. I only ask for good tunes (and some time to get my butt used to being on a bike for that long)...

Jackie
Could be a good project for the new year! We'd have to find a location though -- my workout space is too small to accommodate two bodies for that long. (The smell! The smell!)

Hmmm ... wonder if we could get any other Northern Virginians in on this one?
Breast Cancer Survivor