Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-01, 09:40 AM  
Elizabeth Stein
VF Supporter

Introducing myself

My name is Elizabeth Stein and I've been coming here on and off for several years. I started doing workout videos when I moved from Boston to Albuquerque, NM, where there was no exemely convenient excellent gym so I needed to work out at home. I had little success with it til I found VF, though, and was able to vary my workouts more and acquire good ones on the first try.

After spending most of my life pretty unfit, I was very consistent in my workouts for awhile, culminating in a trip to Africa that included a hike the the summit of Kilimanjaro in the summer of 2000. That was awesome and VF absolutely got me there. But since then, I've been extremely inconsistent -- a result of returning to my old ways, lacking a tangible fitness goal (like a big mountain that needed to be climbed), and moving back to NYC and starting law school. I'm currently trying to restart for approximately the third time since starting school in fall 2000.

In an effort to use my law-school-constrained time as efficiently as possible, my current tactic is centered on videos that combine cardio and strength, but mostly not the Firm because (a) it usually annoys me and (b) I never seem to get quite the right sort of cardio workout (though my muscles beg for mercy). I had planned to alternate those with short (20-minute-ish) yoga workous, but at Ruth Rosenthal's suggestion, I'm giving yoga a more serious shot, because it might annoy my downstairs neighbors less than other kinds of workouts (and the constraints of apartment living are among the things that have gotten me off my habit since going back to school!).
Elizabeth Stein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread