Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 10-08-05, 08:46 AM  
twiggy64

"specialized" bikes

Hi all
I am wondering if any one has bought the womens bike made by specialized? I am looking at the FSRxc and the Hardrock. I need opinions here as I have a 560$CDN credit at the local bike store and am needing to use it by next spring~early I know but I'm way stoked. TIA...kate
twiggy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-05, 07:59 PM  
germaine

Specialized Dolce Comp

I recently bought the Dolce Comp, which is a road bike. It fit me perfectly, and it's a wonderful bike. I replaced my Trek 1500, which was not their women's specific design(WSD) and that was a mistake. I'm sure their are women who can fit into a unisex model bike, but I thought because I was tall that I didn't need a WSD. I was wrong in this case. Specialized really has some nice quality products(so does Trek) and I would highly recommend their bikes.
germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-05, 10:27 AM  
Brenda M

I bought a Specialized Sirrus last spring and love it. I'm quite short (5' 1") and this is the first bike I've found that actually fits my body and is comfortable to ride. Two of my friends (more serious riders than I am) also ride higher-end model Specialized bikes and speak very highly of them. One thing I love about my Sirrus is that it has road tires, so I can really fly, but flat hybrid-style handlebars so I don't feel like I'm folded in half while I ride.
Old 10-12-05, 11:37 AM  
Sparky

I am still riding my Specialized Stumpjumper I bought in 1983. It still rides like a brand new bike! When I took it in to the shop for new tires recently, the bike mechanic looked at it and said...ahh what a classic! I recommend it!