Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-05, 04:33 PM  
CarolineBP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea
I've actually considered it. I really like talking about my workouts most days and the differences each time I do one. By the time I post my weekly check-in I've forgotten all the little "stories"! I may see you soon

Andrea
Looking forward to seeing you Andrea.

Last is just the slowest WINNER~Hunter Boyd

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Real inspiration comes not from outdoing others, but from outdoing ourselves.

The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.

I think that anyone who has ever attempted an endurance event understands that some of your slowest times represent the efforts of which you should be most proud.~Daphne Magnuson
CarolineBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 08:41 PM  
germaine

I like ABBIV, but...

....I miss the comments/attention/comradery between Troy and the individuals in the workout. I mean, he does talk to the participants and motivate them(as a whole) in ABBIV, but it's not as entertaining as his usual conversation. Other then that, it is a good workout and the one hour set makes it a little more challenging.
germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 09:15 AM  
CarolineBP
VF Supporter

ABB IV has arrived!

Today's workout: Spinervals ABB IV + ABB III--One Hour, 44 min. Total

I was so excited to get ABB IV yesterday! The thought of doing a full one hour set with no breaks gave me a new challenge, so I decided to add on the 20 and 15 min. sets from ABB III to give me a full 95 minutes with no breaks. I had ABB III cued up in the second DVD player right at the 20 min. set so that I could go right to it, then I just skipped the break before the 15 min. set. It was a challenge, but I really enjoyed it, in a sick Spinerval way. I was feeling it in my quads at the end--we'll see what they feel like tomorrow. One day I'd like to do both ABB IV and III with no breaks; that would give me one hour and 50 minutes of cardio with no breaks.

I liked the workout a lot and I honestly didn't miss the breaks. CT mostly used small gears, but he did use tensions 3 and 4 on occasion. I had no trouble keeping my HR in the blue zone, it was mostly in the 140's but occasionally went to the 130's or 150's (when standing), but not for long. My HR average for both the ABBs today was 143. Seeing so many riders was a bit overwhelming at first, but when I got into the workout it didn't bother me. I enjoyed looking at all the colorful jerseys. As Germaine pointed out , I did miss the rapport that Coach Troy has with riders in a small group. I did find him motivating and encouraging in this workout, but it didn't seem as personal. Definitely a great addition to my Spinerval collection, I plan to do this one fairly often.

Last is just the slowest WINNER~Hunter Boyd

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Real inspiration comes not from outdoing others, but from outdoing ourselves.

The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.

I think that anyone who has ever attempted an endurance event understands that some of your slowest times represent the efforts of which you should be most proud.~Daphne Magnuson
CarolineBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 04:15 PM  
Daphne M

I've been to Planet Spinerval

I whipped through ABB IV this morning. I didn't expect to like the 60-minute straight set, because I enjoy the predictable work-to-rest ratios of most Spinervals -- but it turned out to be amazing. It sent me into some strange spinning zone I have never visited before. There was not a single thought of any value in my head for the entire set. (No wisecracks please) I just followed orders and did as I was told and before I knew it, it was time to stop. I really don't remember a thing about the 60 minutes other than watching my chain switch rings.

I guess I was in an ABB trance or maybe I've just discovered Planet Spinerval. (A planet where you always count down from 3, where you'd better bring plenty of water and dry towels and where there's no such thing as a granny gear.)

Whatever happened, it was pretty amazing, but just like most vacation spots, it was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. But I wouldn't mind going back sometime soon.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote