Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-19, 02:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Mary rocks! I placed my order yesterday night before going to sleep, and I woke up to an e-mail letting me know that it was already shipped!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 06:22 PM  
manleym

Agreed kittybug and cjayd! Ebianco and Christina have been so helpful, along with everyone else offering suggestions, feedback and recommendations. It is appreciated!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 08:04 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Just a quick tip that I read once somewhere on VF from ebianco or someone else. If your legs or body parts are burning too badly from Tonique spending hours on one side, just count reps and switch sides on your own.

In one of the Femme Fatale workouts Sylwia makes a comment about letting your brain go or something like that meaning focus on something other than the pain. Because the movements are repetitive, they can become somewhat meditative in a weird way. This only works if I’m in the mood for it though.

And I very much appreciate that suggestion and ebianco’s extensive reviews because she has already done the rep count in some making the math in breaking them up evenly between legs easier if that is a concern to you. Thank you all VF contributors.
Cjayd, counting reps can definitely make her workouts more achievable. It's also a good way to address some of the uneven reps (more of an issue in her downloads than DVDs).

I have definitely experienced the zen-like meditation of her workouts, but I agree you have to be in the mood to be able to achieve that mental state! But then it's really cool to experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Bubbles, there are five workouts on each set, I started with the first set (workout series) and did them in order (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), then the next week, I did the last two workouts and started the cardio series on Friday and so on. I also added the Mixxtreme Fitness set to the rotation. On the days in between I did cardio dance, whatever I felt like doing, mostly fun and doable workouts, that way I didn't get any feel of dread at all, and was actually enjoying the workouts, I find that when I do very intense workouts back to back I start to feel exhausted. Let me know if you'd like more details, I wrote my rotation down in my notebook. My rotation lasted six weeks, but I started to notice changes since week 2, I didn't measure, but I'm sure I lost lot of inches.
AsSweetAsSugar That's a great way to cycle through all the Dream Body workouts. I don't know about you, but I really enjoy the first two DVD sets a lot more than Sweat Lab or Great in 8. They are just really great workouts. I definitely find that my inches go down when I really focus on Dream Body, they are just all so comprehensive with the total body, high/rep low weight that works so well for me, and a huge dose of cardio! I think the mat work with grueling pilates-style abs really works for me too. I really love Mixxtreme too...when I remember to pull them out

---

I hadn't really thought about Tonique DVDs being so cheap because they are going out, but that's probably true. That makes me think maybe I'll stock up for backup copies during Mary's next sale. I can't believe how fast my Mary package came too, I got my shipment today!

I'm so glad everyone has gotten such great use out of my Tour of Tonique thread!!!
Old 09-08-19, 01:48 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Ebianco, those are the only Dream Body sets I have, I got them from VF Roost. I wanted to buy the Sweat lab series when they had a big sale, but they charged $30 shipping to Canada, so I didn't get them. What is Great in 8? Another DVD set? Or downloads?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-08-19, 03:23 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
ebianco has an amazing review here of most of the Tonique's and how they can be broken down (not sure if this helps to enable or not):

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=220622
Thanks for posting this and thank you ebianco for the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I not even was interested on this, but you guys are really tempting me, I need to stop checking this thread! Or go watch some clips lol.

ETA:

Some of them look really good! But, I have to say that her push up form makes me cringe why she doesn't do them on her knees instead of doing them with bad form.
I didn't know these were on sale until this thread! I was tempted, too, and read all the posts and watched all the clips. Her push-up form was distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Everyone who took advantage of the sale, you must post your comments about how you like the workouts!

Christina
Yes, I hope everyone will provide an update when they've done the workouts! Christina, your posts were tempting me to buy these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
If your legs or body parts are burning too badly from Tonique spending hours on one side, just count reps and switch sides on your own. I would count ten and switch to the other side and count ten and switch back and the up it to 15 and 20 etc.

Also Barlates Endurance 90, which is free on YouTube, helped tremendously with my confidence that I can complete a Tonique-style workout.

In one of the Femme Fatale workouts Sylwia makes a comment about letting your brain go or something like that meaning focus on something other than the pain. Because the movements are repetitive, they can become somewhat meditative in a weird way.
Great tips, thank you!

I actually managed to resist the sale. I've been wanting to do more gentle workouts lately. Also, I haven't even done all the Toniques I do have. I don't think I would get to these any time soon, so I decided to wait. If I do all my current Toniques and enjoy them, I will consider adding more. Hopefully they'll be on sale (at these prices!) during Mary's next sale. Plus, I'll get to see which ones are enjoyed most by everyone who ordered during this sale
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 07:20 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Venus, you're strong! I wanted to resist but I couldn't, I don't have any Tonique so I hope I will enjoy them, and I always wanted to try Premier, so this is a great time for me.

Old 09-08-19, 08:05 PM  
bubbles76

Venus don't worry. I'm sure after a few months a few of these will show up on Share the Wealth
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 08:42 PM  
Hedgehog

As a heavy lifter forevvvvvah, I've slowly fallen in love with Tonique (in my world this equates to hell freezing over!!) and I was SUPER excited to see the sale JUST in time!!! I ordered FF, Energy Mat & Royale. I also grabbed some Powerstrikes & Bodystrikes I've wanted for a while.

So glad I checked this thread today or, I would have missed it!!
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 01:37 PM  
bubbles76

Whoo hoo good for you Hedgehog! Just in time
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 02:48 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
As a heavy lifter forevvvvvah, I've slowly fallen in love with Tonique (in my world this equates to hell freezing over!!) and I was SUPER excited to see the sale JUST in time!!! I ordered FF, Energy Mat & Royale.
I'll be interested in your results with Tonique since you had such great results with the STS/glute rotation. Please keep us posted.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique reviews