Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-15, 11:48 PM  
loverly7

gymbox vs fitnessglo

A shocking thing has happened over the past few days...my interest in streaming fitness has skyrocketed. To help me make an informed decision, I would like to know your thoughts on these two streaming fitness sites. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 10:07 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly7 View Post
A shocking thing has happened over the past few days...my interest in streaming fitness has skyrocketed. To help me make an informed decision, I would like to know your thoughts on these two streaming fitness sites. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I just cancelled Cathe live, which is $9.97 and JUST discovered Fitnessglo for $12.00 a month. The instructors are great, with tons of variety, and length of time (I like the 45 min. ones), for $2.00 a month more. I never checked out gymbox but aren't these free workouts? Thanks, Pam.
Old 11-09-15, 11:08 AM  
Zenara25

Amazon Prime has some free theGymbox workouts. I liked about half of the ones I tried.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=thegymbox
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._list_pr_12_ba
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 03:10 PM  
loverly7

Thanks for the replies. I know they both offer a free trial so maybe I will just try them both.
Old 11-09-15, 03:51 PM  
Irisg1

I've been a Gymbox member for about 3 years. They offer a great variety of classes. Unfortunately, they stopped adding new content back in March and I don't plan to renew my membership once it expires in July 2016. I definitely think the monthly membership fee is well worth it for someone who is new to it, but I've been a member for years now, so I am definitely missing new content.

I've also tried Fitness Glo. I just didn't find it very user friendly on my Roku, but at least they do add new content regularly. Both are very good options. I haven't used a DVD in ages.
Old 11-09-15, 04:14 PM  
loverly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I've been a Gymbox member for about 3 years. They offer a great variety of classes. Unfortunately, they stopped adding new content back in March and I don't plan to renew my membership once it expires in July 2016. I definitely think the monthly membership fee is well worth it for someone who is new to it, but I've been a member for years now, so I am definitely missing new content.

I've also tried Fitness Glo. I just didn't find it very user friendly on my Roku, but at least they do add new content regularly. Both are very good options. I haven't used a DVD in ages.
Thanks for responding. When I look at Gymbox it shows lots of new workouts since March, including new workouts which just came out today. Whichever I choose, or if I end up with both streaming services, I will use my Roku, so how well things work on the Roku will definitely be a factor in my final decision. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Old 11-09-15, 07:51 PM  
Irisg1

Just to let you know the classes on the Gymbox are actually recycled classes from 2011. Nothing wrong with the classes being old, as there were many I hadn't done. I do however feel it's a little misleading that they run them as new, when they are actually old. I still enjoy it very much. Just wish they'd at least put up a couple new classes once a month. They used to put up new classes every Monday, and I would eagerly look for new classes on Monday mornings. They have stated that if membership picks up, they will be able to resume filming again, but so far, that doesn't seem to be happening.
Old 11-09-15, 09:39 PM  
loverly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
Just to let you know the classes on the Gymbox are actually recycled classes from 2011. Nothing wrong with the classes being old, as there were many I hadn't done. I do however feel it's a little misleading that they run them as new, when they are actually old. I still enjoy it very much. Just wish they'd at least put up a couple new classes once a month. They used to put up new classes every Monday, and I would eagerly look for new classes on Monday mornings. They have stated that if membership picks up, they will be able to resume filming again, but so far, that doesn't seem to be happening.
Oh wow, that's shady. Thanks for letting me know about this. While they have an insane number of workouts on their website it is definitely misleading to label a workout "new" when it is from years ago. Then to not even give a date for when they will start filming again doesn't inspire confidence in them, especially when fitnessglo is always adding new classes. I will probably still give Gymbox a try because I am so intrigued by them but that gives a definite edge to fitnessglo if I choose only one. Thanks again for all this info.
Old 06-26-16, 10:44 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
RESURRECTING OLD POST:

Just discovered Fitnessglo. I'm still very into Cathe live and I'm not sure I like the instructors on this site (I know I like Amy Dixon). I'm wondering people's impressions of this site now that more time has passed. I know, I can do a free trial, but nothing ruins my day more than trying a new workout that I don't like. It's not the risk of the money, it's the risk of the time.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 11:09 AM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
It's not the risk of the money, it's the risk of the time.
Boy, this should be my tag line
Lori