Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-22, 09:35 AM  
buffmama

I didn't subscribe to the get the calendar but this week is. only 3 workouts and the last one was a 15 min HIIT. . Maybe he's trying to get more people started? Don't know. So far I'm underwhelmed but I'm hanging in there and using it as a prod to do some other stuff. Caroline's glute workout is worthy of a repeat. By the end it's hard for me to keep activated. And I didn't use heavy weights. . How is the Chakra balancing going? Not into Brett's voice right now but might be in the future.
Old 01-06-22, 07:47 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
How is the Chakra balancing going? Not into Brett's voice right now but might be in the future.
The first 4 were pretty unremarkable. I liked the 5th and 6th classes, so maybe tomorrow's will also be good. You really won't miss anything by not doing it.

I am surprised how good the 5 in 5 Jessica V classes are. She packs a lot in the 5 minutes. Normally I wouldn't do 5 minute classes, but I am using them as a warm up to the Booty Lift classes.
Old 01-07-22, 09:03 AM  
SandyO

buff, I guess the Brett L challenge was 6 days, so no class today; I'm not sure why I thought 7.

The last two Booty lift with ankle weights were a bit wrist intensive. Also, she can't count or remember order of moves from side to side, but I don't let that take away from the overall effectiveness.

Have you done any NourishMoveLove classes? The channel was in my recommended, and I thought the classes looked good.
Old 01-07-22, 01:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I can't seem to find any excitement for working out so far this year. Even numbers aren't giving me the usual push.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 05:57 PM  
Helen

VANNIE
Do you mean even (as to odd) numbers, like the year 2022, or
even numbers (eg "even when I'm tracking numbers")?

Maybe the "fake it 'til you make it" will work. Just keep plugging away. When you first begin to see changes/progress - that's when the excitement may happen.

No 'main workout' for me yesterday, as mid-afternoon, got a call from DD. She's a COVID refugee. She went home to Sydney from Melbourne, leaving her sister & sis's BF awaiting PCR test, as they spent time with his Dad/Aunt who are now Pos. The one with me, is distancing within the house & we're both masking when on the same floor. Using separate bathrooms.

Also, one of her flatmates was returning to Sydney from holiday knowing she was positive, so DD scooted out of there before she arrived.

She's counting days from exposure to know the best time to be tested. Have RATs in the house & PCR locally.

My afternoon was rearranging my things from one bathroom to another, making up her bed, groceries to accommodate her, ...
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 06:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, I meant even when I'm tracking numbers. I thought knowing I don't have a cushion of excess minutes now like I had built up for the end of last year would push me but so far it's only given minimal motivation. I guess even though I didn't do tough workouts this week besides the TTSL tester I should still be glad I did most of my planned workouts on Mon, Wed and today. Hope both girls and the boyfriend test negative!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-08-22, 08:52 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
buff, I guess the Brett L challenge was 6 days, so no class today; I'm not sure why I thought 7.

The last two Booty lift with ankle weights were a bit wrist intensive. Also, she can't count or remember order of moves from side to side, but I don't let that take away from the overall effectiveness.

Have you done any NourishMoveLove classes? The channel was in my recommended, and I thought the classes looked good.
Thanks for the feedback. I did a couple of classes with NourishMoveLove. Nothing that got me hooked apparently. You're not the only one who really liked Jessica's 5 min classes so I am looking forward to those. I will skip Brett.
Old 01-09-22, 12:29 PM  
SandyO

buff, thanks for the feedback on NourishMoveLove. I'll hold off for now and maybe preview a workout.

I settled on Dansique Fitness and Kassandra 7 day Challenge for next week.

I'm still working on that shoulder, so I want to wait till it's better before I do more heavy upper body.
Old 01-09-22, 05:13 PM  
Helen

Monday = Mondivation

I've had enough of pandering to this cold. It's been around since New Year & I'm thoroughly tired of it. The constant sniffly nose is the worst.
Time to shift gear for this year.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 05:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Hope you feel better soon, Helen!