Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-11, 02:20 PM  
MM-Om

Is this a Vidiot Disease?

I have to admit that I am more excited about the process of acquiring dvds than actually having them in my hands. What I mean is I love the excitement of looking at the clips, ordering, waiting on the package and than opening a mail box to find my new goodies. Once I get the dvds the excitement diminishes. Don't get me wrong, I still like and use the dvds, but the whole process starts over again, once I have something new on horizon
Old 05-03-11, 02:27 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

It would probably be beneficial for you to investigate this thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=158194

And the answer to your question is yes.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:33 PM  
keilan00

You just described me 100%. I like acquiring more than I like doing the workouts. Many are still virgins.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:34 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
I have to admit that I am more excited about the process of acquiring dvds than actually having them in my hands. What I mean is I love the excitement of looking at the clips, ordering, waiting on the package and than opening a mail box to find my new goodies. Once I get the dvds the excitement diminishes. Don't get me wrong, I still like and use the dvds, but the whole process starts over again, once I have something new on horizon
Yes- I know exactly what you mean!
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:38 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Yeah, me too sometimes. For me they're almost independent - the shopping fervor vs. the actual process of working out. I get to the point where I'm bummed if I don't have anything currently on order.

I've just gone through a bit of a binge of ordering workouts, clothes, and books over the last few months. I need to (and plan to) quit buying for awhile just to get out of the habit. In fact, I don't know why I'm even on VF I find staying away entirely works better than hanging out on the No-Buy thread where they talk about the attractive bandwagons that they're trying to resist.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:38 PM  
CarlaVeg

Yeap, I am with you 100%...... love looking at the clips... spend hours researching stuff.... looking for the dvds in different sites, trying to trade for it....and expecting it to arrive... and then, yes I am not so interested anymore and I move on to something else.... don't get me wrong... I do the dvds and all, but I love the excitement of getting new DVDs!!!!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:40 PM  
cooldham

Yep, I love the whole process...and then sometimes when they arrive I only do them one time! I have this problem with a really good book too...I will put off finishing the book to prolong the enjoyment!
Old 05-03-11, 03:02 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I find the research to be fun but really time-consuming. Ideally, I would love it if I had an assistant who could pick out videos for me that I know I would like. And I love having virgins to do; it makes it so much easier for me to get my butt off the office chair and go work out because I know I'm going to be doing something new. I wish I could do a virgin workout every day.

Donna
Old 05-03-11, 03:03 PM  
topfitmama

Yes, I think it may be a symptom
I can get pretty anxious if I spend too much time researching and thinking about which ones to buy, if I should buy, etc...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 03:50 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
I love the excitement of looking at the clips, ordering, waiting on the package and than opening a mail box to find my new goodies. Once I get the dvds the excitement diminishes.
I'm the same way.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, old thread alert, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery