Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-09, 01:06 PM  
KathAL79

Fitness Predictions for the Next Decade?

Well, believe it or not the decade (still unnamed, so I read) is drawing to a close, and people are both evaluating the predictions for the previous 10 years and making new ones for the next 10. Time to break out those crystal balls and share your thoughts on what fitness might look like in the '10s. As someone remarked, you only have to nail one big prediction to look like Nostradamus, so speculate away!

I predict that we'll see an increased focus on customization and personalization. I'd love to see every DVD come with a mix and match or matrix option of some sort. And with all of the digital media becoming more and more mainstream it makes sense to see instructors intending for people to pick and choose or reorder according to their wants and needs. The fitness video games are doing things like this already, and Jill Miller seems to be doing some of this personalized practice in video form with her At Home program (if it ever gets launched).

I know there has been some speculation about who might be the first to release a Blu-Ray exercise video, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fitness industry skips that step to focus on downloadable content instead. I could be wrong, though, since the price of Blu-Ray stand-alone players has dropped significantly recently.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 02:22 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I agree Kath that more instructors will go with downloadable programs, hopefully with a lot of mix and match-ability. And ditto to more customizable DVD content.

I for one would like to see a prop for people with weak or stiff wrists, along the line of Three Minute Egg but more user friendly. A sort of glove or support that you don't have to think about. There has to be an entepreneuring physical therapist out there somewhere!

So many gyms and studios have fallen victim to the economy and closed down or cut back. Wouldn't it be cool if instructors held webinar style classes and we could tune in from home to a live class in which the home participants can see the teacher and vice versa?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 02:38 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post

I know there has been some speculation about who might be the first to release a Blu-Ray exercise video, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fitness industry skips that step to focus on downloadable content instead. I could be wrong, though, since the price of Blu-Ray stand-alone players has dropped significantly recently.
Jay Johnson's Boot Camp Fitness: Ultimate Body, Vol. 1 [Blu-ray] (2009)

Jay Johnson's Boot Camp Fitness: Ultimate 3x30 [Blu-ray] (2009)

Bollyrobics Dance Workout [Blu-ray] (2006)
Old 12-08-09, 03:09 PM  
KathAL79

Well, I stand corrected on the Blu-Ray! So it looks like we'll be seeing dual format (filmed for regular DVD, simultaneously released on Blu-Ray - just like VHS & DVD) for a bit at least.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 08:55 PM  
OrangeSofa

1. The FIRM will come out with at least 10 new gadgets.

2. Leslie will use the song "Everybody" at least 50 times.

Not very original or thoughtful on my part, I know.

"The cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself."-Whit Stillman
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 10:37 PM  
JP44

Thumbs up

Cathe will release 'EGGLAND STS MAX' which will take an entire decade to film, compose the music & replicate. Presale prices will be very low however.

Beachbody will release:
'Chalean The Extremist',
Shaun T's 'Insanity Extreme X'
Tony's Horton's 'Extreme Walking Workout' which involves walking on your hands for miles.

Amy Bento will release 'All Step Challenge 6 for Toddlers'
Phil Ross will release 'Kettlebells for Preschoolers'

Miley Cyrus will release a workout video

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 10:59 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Cathe will release 'EGGLAND STS MAX' which will take an entire decade to film, compose the music & replicate. Presale prices will be very low however.
But the special extreme workout eggs will be released even later and will be quite expensive.
Quote:
Beachbody will release:
'Chalean The Extremist',
Tony's Horton's 'Extreme Walking Workout' which involves walking on your hands for miles.
ROTFL

Quote:
Miley Cyrus will release a workout video
Uh-oh .. I believe that one!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 11:06 PM  
Buzzer

I'm thinking it's gonna go in two directions.... major intensity, trying to outdo Insanity type workouts, and also more walking/lower impact type workouts since the boomers are aging and either wanting to begin a workout program, or decrease their impact/intensity.
I learned in College (a Sociology major ) that the baby boomers will plow the way and shape our views as they grow older, and currently the boomers are looking at age-defying makeup & botox & stuff like that, I personally think they will look for exercise next as their age makeup and botox wears off and stops working !
Oh, and I'm not looking to step on any boomers toes, I know some will keep impact & intensity, but also I'm just generalizing about the generation. Was that CYA enough???
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 11:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSofa View Post
1. The FIRM will come out with at least 10 new gadgets.

2. Leslie will use the song "Everybody" at least 50 times.
I predict your predictions will be 100% accurate.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 12:16 AM  
sophie kat

Quote:

Beachbody will release:
'Chalean The Extremist',
maybe cathe's workout will be called 'shock cardio eggstreme'

Quote:
Miley Cyrus will release a workout
i think it's only a matter of time...

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness predictions, fitness trends, old thread alert