Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-22, 10:15 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, good to hear that things are going well for you I bet you enjoyed the walk with your friend :-).

Cambet, you know what they say, brilliant minds think alike:-) The round yoga mat sounds interesting :-) my parents recently bought an exercise bike for some easy cardio, I think my dad would’ve enjoyed the treadmill but my mom was afraid that she would a trip and kill her self on it :-).

My side is much improved, I have to really leaning to one side for it to bother me now however my back is still hurting a little, but I have to do some thing like try to pick up something heavy for it to bother me.

Yesterday I did three workouts from Improved Health; 10m Christmas walk, 20m Toned Arms walk and 2000 Fast Steps but nothing today.

The weather for our off day is not going to cooperate while Tuesday is supposed to be nice if a bit chilly, Wednesday is supposed to rain and Thursday the high is going to be 26! I’m not leaving the house! Stay warm and dry!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 08:45 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Country Heat Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day and at night did Country Heat: Country Swing. Made it to over 10,500 steps for the day. I was snowed/iced in all day, so I figured that I might as well get in some exercise. The icy conditions on my street still look pretty bad, though I am scheduled to go in to work at noon (and the temps should be high 30s by then), so we'll see how it goes.

Penguin - Good job with your workouts! I'm glad to hear that your side has improved; bummer that your back is still hurting a little, though. I tweaked my back on one side a few years back and every now and then the pain/discomfort flairs up and I have to sleep with a heating pad for a few nights. I try to be really careful with it now. I hope you have a complete recovery.

Waves to SB and Nora!
Old 01-19-22, 07:51 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was an active day; I made it to 8,000 steps with my activities for the day, so last night I did 22 minutes of CH Elite: Rope & Ride to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Today in my class we start the restorative yoga section. Should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to it. I still have my eye on the Pro Form spin bike on sale at Aldi, but haven't pulled the trigger so far.

Waves to all!
Old 01-19-22, 11:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Stopping in to say hi with no workouts to report. I totally tanked on my comeback.
It's not my back so much as it has been feeling a bit better and I'm sure a little pilates or MR would only help it. But I completely lost my exercise motivation from not working out the last few months.
I need to get that back asap! The weather isn't very agreeable to walking outdoors either so that's not helping. (excuses?) lol

CAMBET, ah the restorative yoga sounds like a nice project and less dangerous than the baking. Good step totals. I think you said hiking was one of the projects too. Hopefully your weather cooperates for that. I've been toying with the idea of a stationary bike, not necessarily a spin bike, for these cold winter months but I think I need to get back into consistent exercise before I start spending money.

PENGUIN, nice workouts. Glad your various injuries are improving.

NORA, good work with the P90X halfsies and other workouts. Be careful in that brutal weather.

Please send motivation vibes my way ladies.

Have a great day!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 09:18 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a very good exercise day for me!

We did 1 hour and 15 minutes of restorative yoga, which I had never done before. It's funny, in the past when I saw people talking about holding poses for 3-5 minutes I thought I would be bored, so I just never did that kind of yoga, but OMG, it was wonderful and so relaxing! I didn't realize that in restorative yoga you are essentially *resting* in relaxing poses, so it's not like you're holding warrior 1 for 5 minutes. At first I was a little self-conscious about being in yoga wear in front of our students (so was my coworker, who had to serve as the model for the poses since the instructor recently had surgery and couldn't do them all), but I settled down in the back corner of the room and at some point felt like I was in my own peaceful, relaxing bubble and forgot about everyone else for the most part, especially since we spent a lot of time with our eyes closed. The students seemed to really enjoy it also! We're doing a similar practice today, so I'm looking forward to it again!

A little while after I got back to my office I had a 54 min (2.34 mile) walk and talk meeting around campus with one of my coworkers. I made it to over 14,500 steps for the day!

SB - I'm going to send motivation vibes AND words your way. This is what I'm also been telling myself: Yes, you are off-track. But you ARE an exerciser! You enjoy it, you always have, and you always come back to it. It makes you feel better. You like for exercise to be a part of your life; it just naturally always has been. You like to exercise and hope to do it for as long as you are fortunate to be able to move your body. So do SOMETHING! Get up and move. Even if it's just for 10 or 15 minutes. You don't have to have a whole exercise plan in mind. You just have to get back in the habit. So, do what you enjoy, whether it be walking, dancing, Country Heat, Jessica Smith, or whatever you want, but do SOMETHING for as long you can. Just GET UP and DO IT!

This is what I have been telling myself , and I now have a few days of working out under my belt, so it is working. No, I don't have an exercise plan in mind, but I am moving again. You just have to get yourself back in the habit, and I'm sure you will!

Waves to Penguin and Nora!
Old 01-20-22, 11:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

28 minute outdoor walk
push-ups and planks

We got into the 40s yesterday and I couldn't resist a walk around the neighborhood.
I definitely felt it in my back but today it seems to be the way it's been for the past week or 2 so that's progress. We had some snow this morning and it's colder so I'll try and find something indoors to do.

CAMBET, the restorative yoga sounds amazing.
I find all yoga boring unfortunately so restorative yoga never appealed to me in the least but it does sound like you really enjoyed it. Great step total too. Thank you so much for your motivating words!! You are so right to just get up and do something every day however small. My DD takes walk breaks all day long, she'll just walk briskly through the house for 5 or 10 minutes at a time several times a day! That's really all it takes to just keep moving. I enjoy MR's workouts and she has short segments I should be able to fit in.

Waves to PENGUIN & NORA. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-21-22, 08:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was some push-ups and a plank and snow shoveling. It was barely an inch of snow so nothing too strenuous but I'm counting it as my activity for the day.
I didn't want to push things too far after that.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-21-22, 09:13 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday we had another restorative yoga session. It was 1 1/2 hours and she added in some different poses from the day before, so that was nice and it was super relaxing. I made it to 7,500 steps from the day's activities, so last night I did 25 minutes of CH Elite: Rope & Ride to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk the other day and the push up and planks sound good! I try to take walk breaks like your DD; the Fitbit helps with that since if you don't get 250 steps per hour it buzzes at 10 til the next hour to let you know that you haven't moved enough. So I try to get up and do at least my 250 steps every hour. Confession: I really didn't feel like getting my 2,500 steps last night but I remembered what I had posted here about just getting up and doing something, and I thought, now that I said all of that I have to get up and do it.
Old 01-21-22, 09:45 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet - That restorative yoga sounds fantastic. I'd like to take a class like that. Good job on keeping up your step count. I did a bit of country heat this week myself.

SB- It sounds like you are on the road back. I think you are wise not to push it too much.

Hello to PP!

Yesterday, I went downhill skiing for the first time in 2 years. I had lots of trepidation, but in the end I had a great time. My friend and I are aiming for once a week from here on in. We'll see. Also, I've been keeping up with the halfsies and plan to complete week 3 today. Every day, it's been some kind of cardio also. Lesley, Steve Boedt, house-pacing with a podcast or book etc. It's been really cold here, so haven't ventured outside for a walk since last week.

Stay warm everybody!
Old 01-21-22, 09:02 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Absolutely not interested in exercising today :-) it’s too cold! The low tonight is supposed to be 16 F our poor heater has been running nonstop for the past three days

SB, having difficulty with motivation myself I’d rather sit on the couch underneath the blanket.

Nora, happy to hear about your skiing adventure. I’m glad to hear that you and your friend we’re going to keep it up on a weekly basis. Better you than me it seems cold and dangerous!

Cambet, I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your restorative yoga practice.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote