Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-22, 09:46 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...I've read about oil pulling especially after my braces came off a few years ago and the ortho recommended whitening my teeth. They have always been sensitive, so I was researching other options besides the trays, etc. But I have never tried it. Now you have piqued my curiosity. I thinking walking is a perfect exercise for you right now. I miss my outdoor walks. Great for mental health.

Nathalie...sometimes I get frustrated when I can't figure out the right weight to challenge me. Then I don't feel like I got an effective workout. I have mostly perfected it with Cathe but not other instructors. With Caroline though, I know it's probably half her weight or close to that...haha.

kittybug...I'm sure it was super difficult to quit your job but it sounds like it was the right decision. Your health and sanity are much more important in the grand scheme of life. Hoping you find something you really enjoy!! I have put holes in my current retainer. So I'm afraid I could do something similar to what you did. Not sure if my nightly meditation will help with the teeth grinding. Fingers crossed!

I don't always notice the change in pictures when I'm responding from my phone. Way too small unless I zoom in. Love Charli!!! And you are quite the artist!

Kim...glad you didn't lose power with the crazy winds. Winston was up shaking at 2 am because it was so loud plus the sleet on the windows. So he and I watched lots of TV until the storm passed. I was exhausted today.

Kate...hoping all goes well with Justin's treatment. Will this be the end if the scans and labs look ok?

With Caroline and most of the newer YouTube instructors, they usually have a timer and beeper with music only. I prefer to follow the pace of the instructor if possible and hear cues and motivational talk. I did adapt and it was nice to change things up. But I still prefer Cathe because of this. Also, most of the music is just okay. I will be curious if you like this structure.

Manleym...If I'm going to do cardio and weights the same day, I prefer a short cardio first, especially since my accident to warm things up, but I understand why others do weights first.

Has anyone tried the new Kat step videos? They look really good! I see she released an advanced step choreography (#11) around the new year. 52 minutes. And yesterday a power step (#8). 46 minutes. I so miss these workouts!!!

Today I did a 20 minute cycling class with a mix of music from all genres. Followed by Team Body Project Just Move, Low Impact. It was close to 30 minutes and I was able to do most of the moves...some at a slower pace. Finished with 10 minutes of yoga flow, floor poses.

Waving to horusosiris, VVfer, and FOLV...have a great night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 11:23 AM  
ChelePA

20 minutes low impact cycling. 20 minutes warrior cardio from TBP. Holding weights doing various punch combos sometimes knee lifts or butt kicks involved in move. Cathe Lower Body Blast Bonus which was quite challenging for me and exactly what I need. Then added on the stretch from this workout.
Old 01-18-22, 12:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi All! I had a Covid scare recently, but tested negative. I still feel really crappy, so who knows? I did read that the seasonal flu vaccine isn't a good match for this year's virus strain.

I've mostly been doing qi gong. And advanced level moping.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 12:36 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Hi All! I had a Covid scare recently, but tested negative. I still feel really crappy, so who knows? I did read that the seasonal flu vaccine isn't a good match for this year's virus strain.

Hope you feel better soon. My husband tested negative too around the new year. But it was definitely something more than a cold. I know many people that have the seasonal flu and not Covid. And you are right the vaccine is less effective this year.
Old 01-18-22, 12:39 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hah, Kim, yep, that's our Charli. When I took that, she was sitting on a shelf in front of a "mod cat" painting I had done, and the little mod cat head peeking out behind her real cat head made us laugh hysterically. She, of course, was like, 'Why are you hoomans laughing? Hoomans are so dumb.'
Kittybug you just make me laugh! Those hoomans, indeed.
Old 01-18-22, 12:42 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Alta I was sick around Christmas but I tested negative too. (I think I just had a cold though, no flu). I'm sorry you feel crappy. And you're perfectly entitled to some advanced level moping if you're feeling yucky. Good for you for doing qi gong. Any movement is good movement and don't knock yourself out if you feel poorly. Rest and encouragement - that's my prescription for you.
Old 01-19-22, 02:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Hump Day, Watulans!

Monday I did Travis' Level Up 108 Cardio practice (holy sweat fest!!) and yesterday I pulled out Body Max 2 and did the Bootcamp premix (80 mins)...phew! That was WAY harder than ANY of her bootcamp workouts, in my humble opinion, but I LOVED it! Today will be Travis' Level Up 108 Strength. Wish me luck, hah!

KateTT, fierce pants, you make me laugh so hard!! UG, you are soooooo making me have FOMO over Cathe Live, and your idea of combining her shorter Live workouts into longer ones has me again seriously considering re-subscribing! One of the reasons I stopped before, apart from doing STS, was so many of her workouts were shorter than what I gravitate to, but combining workouts is brilliant!! Hoping for calm weather and smooth treatments for Justin. PS...I got Insanity from somebody on VF and am still terrified to actually try the workouts. Any tips?

Kim, how is the house painting going? So exciting! My husband has been doing sooooo many painting and other fixer-upper projects around the house...'cuz we are thinking of selling and moving, which I just can't even wrap my head around right now, but we'll see.

Nathalie, I used to absolutely HATE renegade rows too, more because they hurt my hands/wrists! However, I've found lately (ahem, with Patrick's evil workouts) they aren't bothering me at all. How weird is that??

Bee, thank you for the oil pulling primer!! I've done it the last couple of days. Takes some getting used to but hope it works. I'm like ChelePA with sensitive teeth so I can't do regular whitening, but horribly sensitive to the point where dentist visits fill me with anticipatory panic/dread every. single. time. They actually have notes in my chart about what to do and not to do with me, it's that bad!

Manleym, I would NOT call myself a painter, no way!! I just enjoy dabbling in that and other crafts. I actually prefer to write stuff nobody reads, hah hah hah...no, seriously, I do occasionally blog but I won't divulge that for fear of being banished from the Watulans for being a crazy weirdo!

BabyW, I'm so sorry you're feeling the crud! Glad it wasn't Covid, though I know it's frustrating wondering WHY then you feel so awful! I agree with resting and not pushing yourself.

ChelePA, after that night guard incident, I was actually terrified to sleep with one again and went for years without having a new guard made until my current dentist gave me an ultimatum, that it was a night guard or a future of crowns. I chose the guard.

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 06:49 PM  
horusosiris

Here is to a wonderful Thursday

Vintage-Negative! That is good! Stay Safe! I hope you feel better.

Chel and Kitty- Night guards are good. I am still wearing Invisalign but after I am finished, I still have to wear a retainer every night. I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow but I need to cancel.

Chel even if you do not find the right weight each time, it is all still good. You can always change weights with the next set or rewind and do the set again or make notes for next time. One of the things I like about Cathe is that she has mastered the art of having just enough talk. I absolutely do not like talky instructors.

Kittybug -Cathe’s Total Gym workouts are on their streaming site. I am really looking forward to her new STS II series.

Bee -I am going to try your coconut oil teeth whitening method.

Lavna- how did school reopening go? I hope it went smoothly.

Kate- Shaun’s T25 workouts are straight forward, short, effective and to the point. I particularly enjoyed the gamma workouts.

Manelym and Nathalie- I do not like or do many renegade rows. Actually, they bother my wrists.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:06 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I have Insanity but have only done a couple of the workouts. They are intense but they aren’t very long. You have nothing to fear. You’re one fierce Watulan hooman,

The painting is moving along but oh man, the DUST is killing me. I really love the dining room color and the living room color is nice too, but more of a change so it will take some getting used to. I think it will look better when I get the drapes back up. He is tackling the bedrooms starting tomorrow. Poor Rudy and Finley are all out of sorts. They’re both so timid and hide at the slightest noise or stranger. They were a little better today.

No workout again today because I was trying to clean but I did get to do something really fun. I rearranged the bookshelves that hold my DVDs in the living room. I moved them around a little now that the painting is done. Finley kept me company.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 01-19-22, 10:50 PM  
ChelePA

TBP low impact, high intensity for 30 minutes. I’m enjoying mixing up my cardio while working on my balance, strength and endurance. 20 minute 80s cycling class. 10 minute core routine, obliques focused. Finished with 10 minute full body stretch.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in