Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-15, 04:29 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

DDP Yoga?

Could someone please tell me what DDP stands for? I've seen this yoga workout referenced several times and because I've been somewhat out of the exercise dvd loop, I can't figure out which one it is and it's been driving me crazy. Thank you!

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 05:36 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janzia View Post
Could someone please tell me what DDP stands for? I've seen this yoga workout referenced several times and because I've been somewhat out of the exercise dvd loop, I can't figure out which one it is and it's been driving me crazy. Thank you!
DDP is for Diamond Dallas Paige, the creator. It used to be called YRG. Yoga for the Regular Guy I think. I have just started a rotation of this. Quite a few people have done and still do this here. I love that it is very doable, but you can grow with it.
Old 04-23-15, 07:36 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

It's a great strength-based yoga program!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 09:01 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
It's a great strength-based yoga program!
Perfect description. It's a well-designed program--DDP's chiropractor, who is also an Ashtanga yoga teacher, designed it to rehab DDP's injuries so he could continue his wrestling career. As Jackie said, the emphasis is on strength buiding, although it will help with flexibility and balance too. DDP is a darned good teacher, and the background exercisers are all people who have done/are doing his program. Not all of them are slim and bendy, which I like. It is certainly different from the other yoga DVDs that I have. I like it very much, but I don't follow the rotation as written.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 10:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DDP Yoga got a lot of attention a few years ago from the very moving story of veteran Arthur Boorman. His video story can be found on this page:

http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/?page_id=24

I like Dallas, but his macho style might not be for everyone.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 06:08 PM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone or not because now I am very interested in these. I've been debating on what to do after my Skogg rotation and these look good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
DDP Yoga got a lot of attention a few years ago from the very moving story of veteran Arthur Boorman. His video story can be found on this page:

http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/?page_id=24

I like Dallas, but his macho style might not be for everyone.
That was such an inspiring story. I've enjoyed looking at all the transformations but this one had to be the best.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Old 04-23-15, 09:32 PM  
at120

There are a lot of threads on DDP Yoga here, but for an alternative review you may also want to take a look at:

http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/healt...ss/ddp_yoga_1/

I rotate in a few of the workouts from time to time. It's a great system, especially if you want to incorporate Yoga one or two days a week into your routine.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 04:21 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Thanks for that link! I love his site and all the reviews, I foresee me spending lots of hours there perusing them.

I tried a search here but got the whole DDP is too short for a search term thing. It just dawned on me that I could use the tags for more info which I'm about to go do.

Thanks again!

Old 04-24-15, 09:25 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I have some of these, like new, on my trade list, if anyone is interested
Old 04-24-15, 11:50 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by at120 View Post
There are a lot of threads on DDP Yoga here, but for an alternative review you may also want to take a look at:

http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/healt...ss/ddp_yoga_1/

I rotate in a few of the workouts from time to time. It's a great system, especially if you want to incorporate Yoga one or two days a week into your routine.
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the review!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arthur boorman, ddp, ddp yoga, diamond dallas page, yrg yoga