Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-12, 10:57 AM  
Brick

DDP YOGA: The Workouts

As per SharazPR's suggestion in the thread "Ultimate Yogi or DDP Yoga?", I'm starting a new thread for the descriptions of the DDP workouts. I've copied them from the Program Guide that came with the DVDs (which I purchased in January, 2010).

By the way, check out the site for Team DDP Yoga here: http://www.teamddpyoga.com/ The members are all very supportive of each other, and Dallas is there to answer questions and offer help and encouragement. (Copied & pasted from the home page: "And Dallas himself is always checking in to TEAM DDP Yoga so make sure you leave him a message or ask him a question. DDP Yoga is all about giving you all the tools you need to succeed.")

Okay, here are the workout descriptions:

DDP DIAMOND DOZEN: The DDP Diamond Dozen includes the key 13 moves of the DDP Fitness System. (I guess we should call it a "Baker's Dozen" — or let's just say I was never very good at math.) You'll learn these fundamental moves at the heart of every DDP workout. You'll also learn about Dynamic Resistance and how to jack up your heart rate to reach your fat burning potential while toning and sculpting your body with lean chiseled muscles. At any point in the DDP Fitness System, if you feel you are not getting the positions correct, or if you are not in your target heart rate zone, refer back to the Diamond Dozen. I'll be there every time waiting to personally teach you.

ENERGY!: Now that you are familiar with the Diamond Dozen, ENERGY! takes those moves and incorporates them into an energizing 20-minute workout designed to wake up your body. This is a great starting point for anyone new to DDP — or for when you only have 20 minutes to exercise. While it's designed for beginners, don't be fooled! As you sink more deeply into the positions, you can get an intense workout in these power-packed 20 minutes.

FAT BURNER: Crank it up and get ready to sweat! This 25-minute DDP DVD provides a total body workout including targeting problem areas like abs, arms, thighs and butt. This fast paced, high-cardio emphasis focuses on carving fat off your body in a compact, time-saving workout.

THE DIAMOND CUTTER: You know this one's gotta be good because I named it after my signature move. We focus on every part of your body while we build strength, increase flexibility, and give you a cardio workout like you've never had. Wanna lose weight quickly or tone up? Guess what? This is for you! Total running time: 54:59.

RED HOT CORE: If you've got a little extra hanging over your waistband, this DVD has your name all over it! Sexy, slim waistlines and ripped abs require a Red Hot Core workout! Take less than 15 focused DDP minutes to build core strength and create that flat stomach or six-pack of your dreams.

BELOW THE BELT: Okay Ladies... I specifically had you in mind for this one. Here we're focusing on holding back the hands of time in your butt and thighs. And fellas, you'll gain incredible strength in your most powerful muscle groups — glutes and thighs. Total running time: 32:43.

DDP Additional Workouts:

STAND UP!: Get off your butt with this 30-minute, highly condensed DDP workout that has you standing at all times and focusing on balance. Perfect for those with bad knees, Stand Up! gives you a complete workout on your feet, with no impact.

STRENGTH BUILDER: This time-saving 35-minute DDP workout focuses on strengthening techniques for those body parts that tend to break down first — knees, hips, shoulders and back. Just because you have a weak area doesn't mean you can't exercise! This no impact workout helps to build up your weakest link, and keeps you in top form.

DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND: Get ready to sweat and swear! This is my own personal workout for serious fanatics who are ready, or think they're ready! Only experts need apply. In Double Black Diamond, we turn up the burn, sweat it out, and take strength and flexibility to a whole new level. If you're someone who always wants a bigger challenge and you're willing to push yourself to the limit, this is the DVD for you. Total running time: 1:09:43.

Still not enough DDP? Here are two more DDP Workouts to mix into your routine.

WAKE UP: Work out the kinks, first thing in the morning, with this 10-minute routine to wake up your muscles, loosen your joints, and fill your body with energy. Wake Up is a great way to start your day, every day, and keep you going all day long!

MIX TAPE: We have gathered the most challenging positions from all the DDP Workouts and condensed them into an action-packed 35-minute workout, called DDP Mix Tape. It's a mash-up of all my favorite hits!

And that's it. From the description of the Packs at the DDP Yoga site, it looks like Pack 1 includes the first six described above, from YRG DIAMOND DOZEN through BELOW THE BELT, and Pack 2 would include all the rest (the "Additional Workouts" listed above).

Hope this was helpful!
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddp yoga, diamond dallas page, yrg yoga