Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-22, 08:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outside Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics

Since Jessica has added a beginner track on this month's calendar, I have found it pretty easy to stick with.

Dana - That's great! I'm glad it turned out much better than you thought it would.

Donna - So sorry about your lab. Panting, at least in my Norfolk's experience, was a sign of congestive heart failure. Sending good thoughts your way as you navigate things.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 07:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Finally a workout! No streaming issues whatsoever!

Ellen's Upper Body Blast - 20min
Fitbymik 30 min Cardio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFON1wxbdjw

Fitbymik (Mikela) is a new to me instructor. This workout was fantastic! Low impact, steady state cardio workout. Great energy, music and instructor. Workout was totally doable and just the right intensity for me. I briefly looked at her channel and I like what I see. I'll definitely try some of her other workouts.

Donna, I am so sorry to hear that your Lab is not doing well. Hang in there.

Carol, good luck at the doctor's today. Hopefully you'll get some answers.

Waves!
Old 09-14-22, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I added on Ellen's Moving Meditation - I like this one very low key and relaxing.

Today, so far:

Ellen's Yoga Pump - this is one of my favorites of her recent new workouts. I just wish she made it 30 min instead of 20!

Jessica Valent - Thoracic Mobility Workout - 30 min. I had done this one previously, along with the shorter version - these are the types of things I need to fit into my routine regularly for general health and function.

I am enjoying blending Ellen's calendar w/ Jessica's this week. I may do that again next week or I may do the new Essentrics challenge w/ Jessica's calendar next week.

Carol - I watched Jessica's Q&A for the challenge the other day - she makes a lot of good points about repeating workouts and listening to your body. I have stumbled over her calendars b/c if something comes up that I don't like or don't want to do I feel like I am a "failure" at the plan and that really isn't true. I think I'm going to follow her advice and mark my favorites and then if something comes up in her future calendars that isn't going to work for me for the day I'll have an alternate ready to go. It is silly to feel that you have to follow something as written when we are all different and we are different from day to day.

Dana glad you got things to work! I have seen Fitbymik's channel before - I have yet to try something from it. It looks good though! I also want to try Olivia Lawson - she popped up in my You Tube feed the other day.

Lab situation is stable. I think we know the inevitable is coming it is just hard to take that step.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 08:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Nothing for me yet today, ladies. I was tired after a 4 hour doctor's appointment and the news wasn't particularly good, so I just came home and tried to do a little reading without scaring the bejesus out of myself. The doctor thinks I have interstitial lung disease - not a good thing. The damage to my lungs is most likely not reversible. The key is stopping the damage from getting any worse. The prognosis at this point is unknown.

Turns out this can be caused by R.A. itself, or it could be caused by the medicine I was on for R.A. Isn't that fabulous!

Needless to say the doctor has changed my medication - I see her again in 3 months or sooner if I notice any decline. It looks like I will be masking in public/around people from now on - she says I really don't need to get sick. She is hoping that the medication she put me on will calm the inflammation down in my lungs and I'll get back to where I was before I got sick in August. It's a little scary.

A little later - today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - 30 Minute Thoracic Spine Mobility Routine - 30 minutes - I did about the first 20 minutes of this routine before I went to bed.

Carol
Old 09-15-22, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I was able to get a dog walk in - with my Golden - we need to rebuild our stamina after the hot summer lay off. We'll start doing half the neighborhood at a time and then build up to the whole thing. My Golden is 10 - but she is still very energetic/puppy like.

My Lab is about the same. I'm still waiting for a clear sign to know when it is "time".

Today, I did:

Lively Ladies - 35 Min Low Impact Workout - from 9/14. This was an aerobic weight training type routine. The workout itself is 28 minutes - a circuit of 14 exercises that you do 2X. The rest of the time is a warm-up and brief cool down. She has a separate playlist for longer cool down/stretches. These don't have music - so I'm not always in the mood for them - but when I am they always fit the bill. I got pleasantly sweaty from this one.

Jessica Valent - 5 min lower body/hip stretches and 5 min upper back stretches

I plan to do another dog walk tonight.

Carol - ugh - I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Hopefully the Dr can come up with strategies to keep it from getting worse.

Take care,

Donna
Old 09-16-22, 06:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't have much time for a workout yesterday - I had a long-ago made massage appointment after work and then the first of a series of Thursday night genealogy classes offered via Zoom that started at 6. My workouts were:

Walk - 20 minutes (on a Zoom break)
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 10 Minute Workout! (once my class was finished)

I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday when I was reminded of how much worse things could be - up popped a Facebook friend request from a friend of mine that I haven't seen much of since CoVid - she was diagnosed with ALS about 4 years ago. Enough said.

Donna - I'm not sure you will have a clear sign. You might - I had them with our previous Irish Terrier when I witnessed him standing face first in his dog house - face towards the back of his doghouse for several minutes, without seeming to know where he was, and when his back end gave out and I had to go help him up in the yard. In retrospect, I probably waited too long for him. With my Norfolks, I was a little more decisive - and I feel like I did the right thing at the right time, but honestly, others might have waited longer in hopes that things might turn around (but those hopes would have been futile). Trust your gut and your vet.

Carol
Old 09-16-22, 08:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Carol, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I had to look up ILD. Hopefully, you got your diagnosis early and your prognosis will be good. Awful to think that it was your RA meds that may have caused the scarring. I remember when I took pharmacology classes the first thing instructor said is that there is no such thing as a safe drug. It resonated with me. Hang in there!

Donna, as Carol said, trust your gut and your vet. With my 2 boys, I trusted my gut and just asked their vet if they concurred with my decision, as painful as it was. Good luck to you.

Today I did:

Ellen's Fat Burning Fusion 2 - 45min
. I liked it. The original FBF is my favorite!
Fitbymik - Upper Body Strength - 20min. Fantastic workout and instructor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt2Kwc0YF8

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 09-16-22, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night DD and I walked our Golden - it was a nice evening walk. Planning on getting out w/ her again today.

Today, so far:

Debra Mazda - Get Stepping - 25 Min Pre-Mix. This DVD was mentioned on GD so i decided to pull it out. It is great for those of us who like basic, but not boring, step. Debra is a very enthusiastic instructor and it was very enjoyable. There is another 31 min pre-mix on this DVD, as well as the full step workout and a 20 min toning workout. Will really need to use this one again.

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Hip Mobility - this is new on her Unlimited Site and You Tube. Interestingly I noticed that inward rotation is much harder for me than outward - I mean i guess it is supposed to be less range of motion but mine is so tight turning inward.

Carol - I think it is normal to have a little pity party after getting some bad medical news - but I know you'll press onward. I'm assuming that exercise, being healthy, etc. will improve your outcomes and hopefully they can stall any further damage. Will be sending you good thoughts and prayers, too.

Dana - nice workouts!

on my Lab, yes, I don't think in this situation I'm going to get a clear sign. My last dog had tumors in her heart, so it was a much more straightforward decision. In this case, I know she is not going to get better, but I don't know when to take that step. I guess I'm struggling with doing it for her vs. me. My vet did say, when I talked to her, that it is perfectly fine to look at MY quality of life too and take into account the lack of sleep, cleaning up, etc. But I do feel selfish doing that. But i also don't want to wait too long and have it be an emergency type situation - that is just stressful. What I think will happen eventually is she will just not be able to get up/walk and I feel that is going to be very stressful for her (and us) and maybe doing it before that happens will be more peaceful for all of us. never easy...

Thanks for listening - happy Friday!

Donna
Old 09-16-22, 07:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Treadmill Walk - 20 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Buff Bones: Release for Neck and Shoulder Tightness - 20 minutes

It was 96 when I got home from work at 4:15-ish. I was not interested at walking outside in that heat, so I opted for the treadmill instead. Funny how that feels completely different to me. I feel like I am walking faster, but I am not covering near the amount of ground I can cover outside in the same time. Not sure what's up with that, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as walking outside.

I was not crazy about Jessica's offering for today - it was actually Rebekah Rotstein's offering so I guess I shouldn't blame it on Jessica.

Donna - thank you. I am assuming all of those things as well - I guess we'll see. I don't envy where you are with your dog. It's just hard. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Dana - thank you as well. It could have been the meds, or another medication I took many years ago. Or it could be that I had CoVid and that caused it. That would almost be best because I wouldn't have to worry about the R.A. causing further damage.

Carol
Old 09-17-22, 06:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was:

Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates Workout - Gratitude Focus - 27 minutes

This practice just flew by - I figured it was a 20 minute practice and was surprised to see that it was almost 30 minutes. That's a good thing!

Don't know much else. It is still hot and dry here in the afternoons and not very fall like. Only in the early mornings does it feel the least bit like fall.

Carol