Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-10-22, 07:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Every Body! - 25 minutes

A nice, gentle pilates workout.

I had my DS put together a 2 by 2 cube storage unit for my exercise gear. I've got everything stored there that I use regularly, but with more storage in a basket in my closet. I also got rid of my DVD storage rack - I do so few DVDs anymore, I can just store them in my closet on shelves. My workout space is a lot less cluttered now.

I have felt pretty good all week - until today. All of a sudden today, my cough is back in spades. I have no idea why. I see the R.A. doctor on Wednesday for more tests; maybe she will have some answers.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 08:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I had the best intentions to work out this morning, but unfortunately I couldn't stream anything - again! I picked out couple of DVDs to do instead and nothing suited me. I'll have to make the trip to Xfinity and I'm just dreading it. Nothing is ever easy, efficient or simple with them. This put me in a very bad mood. I'll check back later.
Old 09-11-22, 02:17 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I feel down the Ellen Rabbit hole this weekend!

Yesterday was:

Barre cardio & Stranding Stretch

Today was:

Core Cardio & Upper Body Blast

I was thinking this weekend that I was going to have to put my Lab to sleep this week. I decided to try to tweak her diet in the hopes of ending the "issue" if you get my drift! Part of her problem is poor mobility but I think her diet needs some tweaking so it isn't so hard on her stomach. She is on a kidney diet which is higher in fat - and I think it is upsetting her stomach. At this point, since she is older and her mobility is so poor and I don't think she has all that much time left anyway - i'm thinking of taking her off or modifying the kidney diet and mixing in some regular food as well. So we shall see. Suffice it to say I was cleaning a lot of messes and at all hours of the day and night.

Dana - ugh so sorry you have to deal w/ Xfinity.

Carol - that is odd - so is the working theory that it is medication related? I need to do some organizing in my workout area, too. I have SO MANY DVDs...and I don't use them that often. I really should go through my DVDs and DO them - and set aside some of the streaming stuff. But I do enjoy my three subscriptions - Ellen, Essentrics and Jessica Valent. I do usually fit something from each of them in every week so I feel I'm getting use out of them. Other subscriptions I just dabble in and will only join if there is a special and it is easy to cancel.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday -hard to believe it is back to it tomorrow.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 07:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Stretch & Release - 18 minutes

Donna - Ugh, that is so hard. Good luck with whatever you try for your Lab! As for my coughing, there is no working theory, at least none that I'm aware of. I know the rheumatologist is concerned that an autoimmune disease could be damaging my lungs. And then there's the concern that the RA medications I'm on suppress my immune system, making it harder to recover from an illness... Maybe I'll get some answers on Wednesday after another round of tests.

Dana - Good luck with your ISP!

Carol
Old 09-12-22, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My Lab had a pretty good day and night last night - no messes to clean up. So that is a relief.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio

I am thinking of adding on something from Jessica Valent later...we shall see.

Otherwise...back to it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-12-22, 10:58 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Had an 8am dentist appt for cleaning and check up, and then I had to go to the office for couple of hours. Good dentist visit. No issues.

No workout this morning. Maybe something later when I get back home.

Carol, sorry to hear your cough is back. Hopefully you'll get some answers on Wednesday and will start feeling better.

Donna, I'm glad your Lab had a good night. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know it's very hard. Hang in there.

Waves!
Old 09-12-22, 08:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - On and Off the Floor Workout - 15 minutes & Hip Mobility Exercises - 12 minutes

The On and Off the Floor Workout was really a leg strengthening workout; Doing something like this workout a couple of times a week would probably be helpful. Jessica mentioned that hip mobility was a big part of getting on and off the floor so I decided to add her new workout on today. My hip mobility isn't too bad, considering my age.

Donna - So glad your lab had a good night last night!

Waves Dana!

Carol
Old 09-13-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We are back on the sick Lab rollercoaster. Yesterday and last night she was restless and had a number of accidents. i'm not sure that it is entirely the food at this point, I think she has some nerve damage/paralysis in her back end. The vet noticed it last time she was in in July. I'm still tweaking the food to see if that is the issue - but I'm thinking the time may be coming - particularly since she does seem distressed - my vet said to look for panting and she has been panting a lot. Ugh.

On to workouts...

Last night I added on Jessica Valent's Strong Ankles, Hips and Knees and her 10 min Pilates Basics. The lower body workout was functional stuff - no weights - Jessica's kids popped in at the end. It was filmed during lock down. Her daughter looks just like her!

Today I did:

Lively Ladies - 35 Min Walking Workout - from 9/12 - I always find LL to be very calming and comforting for some reason! I always feel a little worked out too - some of her workouts are more intense than others.

Jessica Valent -Scoliosis Exercises and Stretches - something is bugging me on my right side - not sure if it is back or hip....but this seemed to help.

Good job, Carol! I'm going to fit those two workouts in at some point. This week I think I'm going to do a hybrid of Jessica's calendar and some Ellen....

Dana - thought of you yesterday when our internet went down - right before I had a meeting. I finally broke down and put Teams on my phone. I really didn't want to - but I figure that now at least if our power or internet goes down I'll be able to at least be somewhat functional at home - so less panic if something like this happens again.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 09-13-22, 08:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I'm off to the Xfinity store this morning to get a new router. I'm mentally preparing myself for all sorts of issues starting with missing parts/cables to the router which will require me to drive back there, to defective new equipment, to trouble setting up the new router etc. It should be easy, but it never is with Comcast. The worst company ever. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? Sorry for constat rant about it, but I'm truly sick of Comcast and don't have many choices in my area.

Waves to all!
Old 09-13-22, 02:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I am very pleased to report that my visit to the Xfinity store to exchange the router and subsequent set up went very smoothly. We were back up and running in about 5 minutes. Much, much better experience than in the past. Signal seems to be strong and hopefully I should be able to stream with no problems. Fingers crossed!