Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-22, 04:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So opposite

Lili: Now that it's getting cooler, I'd be hesitant to get outside to ride my bike. I love the warmth/heat when I ride. Best weather for me is sunny and 80+. I'm such a fair weather rider. Anything below 80 and I get chilly.

I'm really trying to take time to stretch. and get sleep. Oura says I'm good to go with my workouts. Craziness. I did a 45 mins. ride yesterday that was REALLY tough. I thought Christine said, "zone 5 intervals" Which she did! I missed the part where she said 3 minute intervals. and THREE of them. Ok, so there was plenty of recovery, but still? I could hardly believe it and once I was in it? I was in it. Then she ended with 5 zone 6 intervals, But they weren't as bad (comparatively speaking) and only lasted a minute. After those stinkin' zone 5 intervals? I was fine. . . . I read the wrong graph when doing my review. I did NOT realize that was the workout or I would have opted for Matt Wilper's. It was brutal, but not as bad. (The intervals were not as long). Oh well - that which doesn't kill us ....

Waves to all.

9/15/2022: CDE 45 mins. Power Zone ride, 10 mins Bradley Rose cool down ride, 5 mins. PRS

On the docket for today? a row and then maybe a ride. Tomorrow is run day. Moving right along.

Have a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 07:34 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - You not only survived, you crushed it! I only do PZ rides with zones 2 & 3! Of course, without a Peloton bike, I'm just guessing at my zones, so I guess it wouldn't matter. I could just do anything. Or I could kill myself in the process by not estimating correctly.

9/15 - Lift With Cee, Beginners Total Body Dumbbell Workout. I was going to start her PPL program, but the first workout worked the same muscle groups as my Split Session with GHU. I couldn't face that again, so started with her beginner series.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 01:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a quick pop in while I take a break from Halloween-ing to eat lunch. It's kind of been a slow start and much delayed bc I was doing the crafts (which I had procrastinated on for fear of messing it up) but I am finally building a village! And much more!

Had PT on Wednesday. She is ramping up my exercises so it will feel more like a workout. Yay! She wants to burn out my glutes and have me sore the next day. Well, I haven't had glute DOMS from that session but my quads and hamstrings are still sore & we didn't even do all the sets and reps!

Busy wknd so I don't know if I'll post again till next week.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-22, 10:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

As I don't want to fall behind. (No pun intended! - fall - sorry Helen!) lol

Vantreesta: Still have time to continue halloween-ing. If I remember correctly, you leave it up for awhile also, right? With all that hard work and time put in, I know I sure would!!!

Lili: Perceived (and breathing) exertion can work just as well for estimating zones. I like zones 2 & 3 also (my favorites. Nice endurance) BUT ... I will not get better if I stay in those zones. Part of the reason I do the challenges. I don't think I'd ever voluntarily go into higher zones, even though I CAN do them! Then again, sometimes I hyperventilate so they aren't totally accurate till I calm myself down. Quite ridiculous on my part, but it's how I'm wired!

Still lots of chatter about the Peloton rower. I'm still going to wait and see. Rumored price point ($3150 - I think) is just too high for me to justify it. (for now - I reserve the right to change my mind!) lol. But I'm hoping the workouts are available on demand with my app. (I don't see why the wouldn't be? Like the tread and the bike. But we'll see.)

Ok, on to me, me and all me:

9/16/2022: Row 20 mins, Power Zone 45 mins. with Denis (a little more bearable with zones 4 and only 2 jumps to zone 5 for about 2 minutes total. I do NOT really care for zone 4, the Huff n puff zone) and then a Post ride stretch

That's it and I'm all caught up.

Waves to Helen & all!
Cleda
Old 09-18-22, 05:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Still moving along

with all my challenges:

9/17/2022: Run 45 mins. endurance (to a Becs Gentry workout. It was Rock music.* I tried to keep it at my steady easy pace range and was fairly successful. it was 10 mins. warm up, 30 mins. easy pace run and 5 mins. cool down). I followed up with: 30 mins. power zone endurance ride with Denis (zones 2 & 3) and then did a 20 mins. Lanebreak (Carrie Underwood) for a cooldown ride. and finished off with a 5 mins. post ride stretch

*I find it interesting the years of "rock" that instructors choose. Some, that are younger than I am, have a way different definition of "rock". I did preview the playlist and these are (what I would consider) rock! And when "Born To Run" Came on? I was a happy camper. And needed the boost.

Week 1 of running challenge DONE! Check!

That's it for now.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 09-18-22, 09:07 PM  
Helen

Not leaving Cleda hanging, though I don't have much time - lunch break at work.

Haven't done a lot lately
Mon - nope
Tue - nope
Wednestay: 5km walk with school
Thursday: 2 hour evening walk with Alice
Friday: Cathe - Slow & Heavy - Chest, Back, & Planks
Saturday: Cathe - 4 Day Split - Lower Intensity Step + shoulders/core at the end
Sunday: Cathe - Timesaver - Workout 3 that had step + biceps & core

CLEDA
I'm SO ignorant of modern music! Bridget asked for some vinyl, from the 80s. HUGE range - I had no idea what to get her! Went to her spotify playlists, and she (thankfully) had a list labelled "80s songs that made me feel something". Cher, and Heart. The latter - I didn't even know was a band.
The second hand vinyl store classified it as 'metal', but when I listened to it, I would NEVER have called it that!

CONGRATULATIONS on completing week 1 of the running challenge.

VANNIE
You'll be pleased to know, that even though I'm not a fan of Hallowe'en since it's not a tradition here, only purloined from the US in the past decade or so, but my Year 8 class will be plotting points in a number plane to draw pictures tomorrow - of a Jack-O-Lantern and a Witch.

Don't you just LOVE DOMS?!?! I definitely enjoy that feeling of confirmation that I have worked hard.

LILI
Nice to see you're still working with Cee, and plugging away with GHU.
Now that our weather is becoming so much nicer, I fancy riding, but then the guilts hit me that I couldn't to it with Alice. Tell her it's "Saturday" on days I'm home all day.

Me
There was a thread with old workouts in YouTube, and I discovered on my computer a huge pile of old Firm workouts: classics, BSS3, Firm Parts, TransFIRMer, Tough Tape 1 & 2, and many more. Have been turning them into useful DVDs (menus, chapters, mixes...) after I read so many reviews that the workouts themselves are very good. The music isn't bad either.

I may become a 'Firm Believer' We'll see....

Last week of work, with Thursday a public holiday (not normally) for the Queen's funeral, then 2 weeks holiday. DH has been home all this time - back is still getting better, but very slowly. He's planning on going to the farm soon-ish.

Feeling very enthusiastic today for some reason - have lots of DOMS in upper body, it's Monday, Spring is definitely in the air, and last week of school.... yeah, that'd do it!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 10:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Saturday we drove 2 1/2 hours away to meet my FIL for a flea market and tractor show. Had a nice day even though we forgot to sunscreen and got a little burned. Sunday I went with my friend and her kids to the Ren Fest again. I finally found just the right brown skirt that I have been wanting. Plus, you know, more pretty things I had to buy. Yesterday was all village building, which I think I have done. Today will be all the other things I can put up. The cemetery has to wait a llittle bc hubby will need to mow still. He took half of his comp day yesterday so he was home being amused by my obsession and shaking his head at me. At least I made him smile!

Supposed to be near 90 today then mid-60s tmrw. I am ready for those 60s for sure!

I feel like I have not answered some questions but I don't remember for sure what check in they were in. I think someone asked if I read horror as well. If so, the answer is yes. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are my favorite authors, but I also read murder mysteries. I also listen to horror podcasts. I know someone also asked in one of my check ins if I am adding decorations or starting over. Definitely adding to what I already have! I have to now get creative with storage space.

Okay, I told myself I had 10 min to drink my coffee and it has now been almost 15 so I better run!

Cleda, yes, I leave my decorations up a long time. Usually they're up about 2 months.

Helen, fun plan for the plotting points! Yes, I love DOMS! When she said she wanted me to be sore the next day I was like yes, please! Because up to then nothing she gave me felt like a workout or much of anything. I suspect they are so used to people being inactive that it takes a little time to figure out what each person needs.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 03:37 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Falling behind again!

9/16 - dog walk
30 Min. Walk & Run with Rebecca Kennedy
5 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Kirsten
9/17 - 1 Mile Belly, Buns & Thighs Walk w/ JS
Full Body Strength Workout from Lift w/ Cee's beginner series
9/18 - dog walk
We watched the grandkids for a long stretch, then had to finish up packing up our kitchen. Our remodel started on Monday.
9/19 - dog walk
3.25 mile run, kept it easy since my race is on Saturday.
9/20 - dog walk

We are having a complete remodel of our kitchen and powder room, along with replacing the floor in the hallway and laundry room. In the beginning, I was going through everything, deciding what to keep and what we don't need. By the end I was just tossing stuff in boxes! All of the noise has both dogs out of sorts. Baxter, the bigger dog, just stays outside all day. I had to coax him inside after they left. Tally hides upstairs.
It's amazing all of the decisions that we still have to make. The electrician was here today and we had to decide where we wanted all of the overhead lights, along with some outlets and switches. I'm exhausted and I haven't done anything!

Helen - Good news that hubby is continuing to heal. Great news that holiday will start soon. Sorry about the Queen, she was really a remarkable lady.
Cleda - I got an e-mail from Peloton about the rower, thought of you, then deleted without opening! Congrats on completing week 1 of running!
Vantreesta - It's funny that you mention you like reading horror stories. I don't like horror movies, but I do like Stephen King and Dean Koonz, although Dean tends to follow the same formula in a lot of his books. Glad that the PT is giving you what you need!

Old 09-22-22, 04:45 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/21 - just a dog walk
9/22 - 30 Min. Advanced Beginner Ride w/ Hannah Corbin
10 Min. Post Ride Stretch
planning on a dog walk after dinner

The ride was probably too easy for me, but I hadn't done a ride in over a month, so I didn't want anything too hard. Why is just right so hard to find?

Old 09-22-22, 05:52 PM  
Helen

Morning of the last day of school
No idea what I've done since Sunday, but not much.

Thursday (I can remember back as far as last night!)
Les Mills - Body Step 58
Home now & (oops) turned out that's ALL I had done since Sunday

A whole bunch of 'Saturdays' coming up - tell Alice it's 'Saturday' when I'll be home all day, so she knows.

LILI
How exciting to be getting a new kitchen! Though I don't envy you decisions for all the doings - SO many choices !! from the overhead cupboards down to the kickboards - then appliances, layout, ... on and on.

Sorry Cleda and Vannie - no shoutout for you - slept in as we had a cold snap and it rained all night and now I have to GO! But may have a chance to come back as it'll be a thin day, being the last.

EDITING.....

CLEDA
No posts from you since I was last here - but I'm SURE you're out there moving!!

VANNIE
Whenever I watch horror movies, and I get a bit too involved (let's face it, I get scared) I say out loud and very quickly "It's only a movie" about 3 times over, My DD Bridget LOVES horror!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote