Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-22, 07:32 AM  
buffmama

I did Cee's Back & Chest from her time saving supersets last week. It was great. Felt more from the exercises with lower weights (ie. cross body chest standing chest press) which really taught me something.
Old 09-27-22, 09:43 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: Good morning all! The HVAC folks are here fixing the coil on my less-than-2-months-old A/C unit. Have been without A/C for almost two weeks. It seemed to struggle since the new unit was installed. They even recharged it over a week ago and it didn't even cool the house below 74 for one day. Been 78+ in the house and it has been uncomfortable. But I am so happy they will get it fixed this time.

Other than a lot of walking, no real workouts. My motivation wanes when it is too hot in the house.

I cannot wait to see Cee's new 20 minute series. I am so excited.

I will admit I am also watching Cathe's updates with great interest. I loved STS but hated Meso 1 and the fact that abs and stretch were all separate... which made those workouts 1.5 hrs long on average. I loved Meso 2 and 3 but would sometimes cut out a few sets or exercises to save time. The lifting was slower and controlled... I think this is why I am enjoying Cee so much... maximizes time, muscle recruitment and speed.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-22, 06:28 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was a warm up with Kayleigh Cohen, glutes/hams & abs from the eleventh Plateau Buster workout, and a stretch with Caroline Jordan. On the good morning hip hinge and lunge, I wasn't paying attention when she switched legs and ended up doing thirty on one leg. Ouch! I did even it out by doing the same on the second set.

Waves to everyone!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 09:20 PM  
edensmom

Hey all. The last week has been bumpy as far as time management but I am getting my workouts done. I have one more workout before Plateau Buster is complete. I must admit, I need a change. My last few workouts I was really not feeling it and I'm feeling grouchy about the music and the 15 reps. I will definitely not be in for the 5 day a week series bc I don't want to burn out on Cee. I forgot I had put my Moms into Fitness membership on pause and it just renewed today. May as well use it now that I've paid for it.

Gibbee I'm thinking about STS too. I'll wait for clips.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 09:47 AM  
edensmom

Mixed it up this morning with an arms + abs circuit from MIF. Tomorrow I'll complete PB!!
Old 09-29-22, 09:54 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was the twelfth Plateau Buster, chest and biceps. I really liked this one. I did a Caroline Jordan warm up and and upper body stretch with Fraser Wilson.

I plan to give Cee's five day a week program a try. On her most recent Instagram post, she says it will start mid-October, so I'll have a week or so to do something different.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

Old 09-30-22, 09:56 AM  
edensmom

This am: MadFit warmup, PB Week 4 day 4, and a barefoot cardio quickie from MIF. And...
I finished Plateau Buster this morning!
Of the 3 series I have completed ( Push Pull Legs, Muscle Burns Fat, and this one) I liked this the least. I really grew to resent the 15 reps over time. 😂 I'm looking forward to mixing it up for a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone 😀
Old 10-01-22, 08:56 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was Cee's warm up, the legs and triceps workout from Plateau Buster, and a stretch with Caroline Jordan. The legs and triceps workout was tough and really got my heartrate up.

Edensmom, congrats on finishing Plateau Buster! I should finish it next week. I'm another who would rather do fewer reps.

I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoying the weekend!

Old 10-02-22, 06:48 PM  
tlchello

Hi all.

I am still here and still cycling through the Beginner workouts and eagerly awaiting Cee's new program mid October. I really want to see what it is like.

Hope all is well.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 07:57 PM  
edensmom

Susan, the legs + tris day was my favorite day of the week, every week. Always a good challenge and a good sweat. I would love to be able to mix these in with her other series so the 15 reps would be peppered in rather than the mainstay. Since the body part split is different I ended up missing body parts each week when I tried that. What's up next for you?

Hi Tlchello!

Today I did this emom workout https://youtu.be/WAxQA_jeDq8 and this ab finisher https://youtu.be/qlhTVOHnxLs Not exactly sure what's on deck tomorrow but it needs to be weights.