Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-22, 09:39 AM  
Karla25

What I’m looking for are older instructors that are doing contemporary workouts. If you have any YouTube workouts with older instructors that you like, I would love to see them

For example, here’s one with Lisa Sherman. She’s probably 50+ years old and in wonderful physical condition. Lisa Sherman workout
Old 09-24-22, 11:14 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
What I’m looking for are older instructors that are doing contemporary workouts. If you have any YouTube workouts with older instructors that you like, I would love to see them

For example, here’s one with Lisa Sherman. She’s probably 50+ years old and in wonderful physical condition. Lisa Sherman workout
Skipped around in the clip you posted.... I love that she uses a football. It does seem as though she gives really detailed form pointers.
Old 09-24-22, 11:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
she's a good singer too - she has the same hobbies that i have - fitness and being in a band. she sings Tori Amos' Winter.

in answer to your question, the majority of instructors i've seen, both on DVD and youtube, tend to be >50. there's some young spring chickens, both male and female, appearing on youtube, however, the majority are at least 30 YO.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 01:31 PM  
kat999

Caroline Girvan is pretty young, and I do know a lot of young people will find workouts on YouTube, but from anecdotally listening to my students, I think a lot of them prefer going to a gym in person. For the rich kids, it's all about Peleton.
Old 10-01-22, 09:24 PM  
Karla25

Here’s an older Bernadette Giorgi working out in her hotel room. She starts with a nice towel stretch. She’s aged beautifully

Just b moved in Myrtle Beach
Old 10-02-22, 09:43 PM  
Venus

Quote:
I came across this Pilates video earlier today. 30 Minute Mat Pilates Total Core Workout- get a flatter tummy! No equipment needed

I found Rachel inspiring. She's an older woman and in excellent physical shape. It's refreshing to workout with someone around my age.
Thank you for sharing! Recently, I kept seeing her channel in my recommendations. I tried one of her workouts yesterday and really liked it. It had a bit of everything: lower body, upper body, core, and stretching. I'll link it below in case anyone wants to check it out.

The Girl With The Pilates Mat: Everyday Pilates - 15 Minute Daily Workout for a Healthy Body

As a side note, I really like the background/set and the colors of her outfit!

Quote:
Do you have any favorite workouts with older instructors?
I like Jillian Hessel's Pilates workouts.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 08:56 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Thank you for sharing! Recently, I kept seeing her channel in my recommendations. I tried one of her workouts yesterday and really liked it. It had a bit of everything: lower body, upper body, core, and stretching. I'll link it below in case anyone wants to check it out.

The Girl With The Pilates Mat: Everyday Pilates - 15 Minute Daily Workout for a Healthy Body

As a side note, I really like the background/set and the colors of her outfit!

I like Jillian Hessel's Pilates workouts.
I like her outfit in this workout. It’s so cheerful Looks like a good morning workout!
Old 10-07-22, 06:45 PM  
Venus

Quote:
I like her outfit in this workout. It’s so cheerful Looks like a good morning workout!
I did it in the evening! I was tired that day and it felt "just right".
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 01:25 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Leslie has got to be in her early 60s, I think she had to be in her mid-40s to late 50s when most of her workouts were released?
Leslie is 61.

Denise Austin is 65
Tamilee Webb is 64
Chris Freytag will be 56 on November 1
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 01:31 PM  
warriorprincess

Cathe Friedrich is 58! But I'm not sure she's human.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, instructors, older instructors, over 50