Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-22, 12:01 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - October 2022

Hi everyone. Starting a new thread for October. I can't believe I remember to do it.

My workout yesterday was Body Combat and a walk in the morning. We are having nice cool and rainy weather. The rain has been relatively gentle.

Waves to everyone. Have a great weekend.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff thanks for starting us off. Of course I forgot it was the first day of October too!

It is gorgeous here today and has been for a couple days. It’s in the low 80s now and low humidity. Skies are blue. And delightfully, it’s been 58-60 degrees at night. We did a long run this morning and it was so lovely. I did 10 miles and Heather and Casey did 14. It was blissful.

Jbliff is the rain in your area related to Hurricane Ian?

Have a lovely Saturday all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:10 PM  
JBliff

Karjoy - Yes, the rain is related to the hurricane. It's amazing how widespread the storm system is.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 06:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

It’s been another beautiful day here. Mid 80s and low humidity. I did not work out today but did a lot of yard work and cleaning. Lots of functional fitness! We did a lot of hills yesterday so a running rest felt good.

Jbliff weather is so very strange! It was only after a hurricane visited our state that we got a break from the horrible humidity and blue skies. Go figure….

Hope everyone’s weekend has been excellent.
Old 10-03-22, 08:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Had to be walk outdoors today. It was too beautiful to be indoors. Walked 30 minutes in my hood. Blue skies, 75 ish degrees, low humidity. Ahhhhh…..
Old 10-05-22, 11:08 AM  
Vantreesta

The month has definitely not started out like I had planned. The wknd was good. We went to a rendezvous on Saturday where I found cute dancing skeleton earrings and some other fun things. Sunday we played D&D with our friends. Monday I woke up feeling rotten and spent the day on the couch dizzy. Yesterday the dizziness wasn't as bad so I was able to do a couple short walks with Cyric but had a bad headache all day and lingering dizziness and fatigue so still laid around on the couch. Today I still have a headache but got up at a more normal time and went for our walk. Other than the headache I feel much better today so I'm trying to get some things done that I was supposed to start on Saturday. I was so sleepy Saturday evening, coupled with allergies acting up, that I dozed off during the baseball game and had no energy to do anything productive. I need to stop looking at the first of the month as anything more than a date on the calendar. I get all motivated that with the new month I will get my act together finally and then stuff like this comes up and I feel defeated. Not a productive way to think for me, apparently!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 07:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie sorry about the headache and dizziness. Glad you’re better. I never thought about the first of the month starting a new chapter but of course it does.
I tend to get fired up about Monday and lots of plans for the week, most of which don’t pan out.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and used my tubing to do back and chest. This is where you put a special loop on the band and then shut the tied off end of the loop in a sturdy door. You face the door to do pulls to work the back, then turn around and push on the handles to BBC work chest. Very simple and effective.

Ya’ll have probably heard about the terrible damage in SW Florida from Hurricane Ian. Over 100 people have died. It is terribly sad. Many insurance companies are leaving Florida because we have had several major hurricanes in the past few years. I think people are going to have to quit building so heavily near the coast.
Old 10-05-22, 08:21 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm feeling totally back to myself tonight. Yay! I felt really ambitious but didn't go crazy getting stuff done. Today was the last regular season game so I pretty much sat and watched from the pregame at 2:30 through the postgame except while I was cooking supper. I already feel like I don't know what to do with myself! I was wandering around feeling lost so we went ahead and walked half an hour early. My Creepy podcast does 31 Days of Horror in Oct so I'll be listening to that on our 3rd walks now that I won't be listening to my Twins. Although I will be following the playoffs and watching and listening when I can. I still didn't workout yet but I did some more spray painting and a little housework.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 01:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I get off at 1:30 on Friday now and it is especially wonderful on gorgeous days like this. Our sunny days with blue skies and low humidity continue.

I am going to go treadmill this afternoon and go to Burn in am for total body strength class.

Vannie I’m glad you are feeling better! Great news. I have got to check out this Creepy podcast. Sounds like fun. Maybe. Are you having cold temperatures yet?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Old 10-08-22, 07:51 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: I went to Burn for Total Body Strength and Conditioning. I forgot that
Conditioning meant there was cardio too. That was tough. Then I did some gardening so I am pretty beat. More beautiful weather here!