Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-30-22, 02:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - stretched from suzanne bowen's barre amped stretch and strengthen
today - migraine - did this amy's beach fitness post covid recovery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LA5h3iwxZg

it seems like a friday thing - I teach until 9:30 left the building at 10pm, and of course work on the highway took a long time to get home and lots of flashing lights and a stupid tanker truck with HUGE RED LIGHTS in a circle on the back. I had to go around 90 to pass it b/c it was so bright and irritating. anyway, migraine wasn't a huge surprise but the meds didn't do that much.

ebianco - I'm glad things are okay at work and that you are getting over the shock of it all. as usual you're getting in great workouts! But still take care and take it easy.

buzzer - so that was my first Joyce workout and still my favorite! I kind of like her zaniness. Sorry to hear about your cousin's boats but what the h*ll staying on the boats during a hurricaine? Are you sure his wife didn't kill him? I think no jury would convict her.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 12:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today was Epic Heat Day 19 total body triset drop sets (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vup3...XkXVM&index=23) and it was a lot of legs with back, biceps, and shoulders mixed in (I added my own triceps and abs to make it totally well rounded...didn't add chest after yesterday though!) It was one of those days when I felt tired and skeptical starting out but I really gained energy in the warm up and had a really great workout, and feel more energized now.

Eventmom Thank you and I think it's a big motivator for me to keep up with my workouts for just the simple reason that it gives me a sense of normalcy in my routine, like reminding myself YES life is still normal at least in some ways. I am still skeptical about totally switching gears and starting work this week, but if my DH can go back (which he plans to tomorrow) then I feel like I should go back to. I'm still taking it one day, one hour at a time so we'll just see what happens.

I remember Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Stretch and Strengthen, wasn't that one more "strengthen" than stretch? LOL At least, that is my recollection.

Buzzer waves!
Old 10-01-22, 01:44 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - action jacq. beginner barre sculpt

ebianco - that suzanne bowen has 2 dvds. One really is easy strength and stretch, but the second dvd has more stretch (althetic more than barre style) and I used those chapters. The 'active' barre stretches are more like active recovery than rest day (IMO) glad you are doing okay! I hope you can work at home some next week that for me always seems less stressful that having to face traffic, parking, etc.

hi buzzer!
Old 10-02-22, 06:43 AM  
Buzzer

P90X stretch.. DONE!

I took Friday off since we were at Ameritowne all day. I had to get us ready and I knew I'd be walking around a lot! Saturday I did P90X stretch. It's a good stretch! Tony cracked me up a few times, so that's fun! I was able to relax a bit more into it since I knew the workout better. I like that he stretches every muscle! Even the neck, he stretches the neck a lot and I need that.

Ameritown was fun! LB was made "Market Manager" and we were nervous about that. We didn't even know what Ameritowne looked like, let alone what it really meant to manage a shop there! We studied so hard! It ended up being fabulous! She had the best time, and both the Moms that had kids in her shop came running up to me after town and asked for our number so the kids could get together. She is still talking about how much fun she had!

Eventmom: Stinks about the migraine. I loved BUG! It was just Joyce and her daughter competing for annoying-ness I am going to do it again today though because it is so good! I think her daughter just didn't need to count EVERY rep. Sometimes I like to count different to make the reps go by faster (in my head) if it's getting tough, but there was Marthe, keeping me on track.

Ebianco: It's hard to believe you are both supposed to go back to work TOMORROW! That's so fast. I really hope he is feeling up to it. I know there were times I thought I was and went to work, only to find out I was in way over my head. I hope he is good though!

So my cousin is fine, and my Mom sent us a video (I assume she took from her TV) because Fox News interviewed him numerous times throughout the day. They asked him if he regretted riding it out, he said "No". He's crazy! However, he's alive and that's good. He did say his house just suffered minor damage, so that's even better! He should have ridden it out in his house instead apparently! HA! He was more worried about his boats though.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 10:22 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I finished my workout week with a HIIT day. I did Growingannas in lieu of Caroline because most of hers are just over the top with too many burpees. This one was really good! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSMU...XkXVM&index=23) Actually this one had a fair amount of burpees too. To make them manageable I did them more deliberately than with speed, but tried not to take any breaks if that makes sense. I also didn't initially realize that with the warm up and stretch included on the workout, that the actual HIIT part was only 25 minutes when I would usually do 30-35 which is probably also why it felt more doable. Anyway I'm done and have two rest days.

I am dreading work. I actually had a nightmare last night about work, my boss's boss was being really mean to me (in the dream) and gave me these impossible tasks that I had to do 100% on my own to prove myself, even though she knew nobody could do them and I would fail. It is ridiculous thinking about it in afterthought, but just the concept of having a nightmare about work was pretty off-putting. I still have today to try to start feeling better about it.

Eventmom Oh yeah! I am remembering now that it was a 2-DVD set. I think I started with the first DVD and it wasn't very strengthy, but I should go back and try out the second DVD. I'm always on the lookout for enjoyable stretches.

Buzzer That is a crazy story about your cousin, and about being interviewed multiple times on the news!! Wow, he will be telling that story for the rest of his life, I bet LOL!

I am glad LB did a great job at Ameritown, and made lots of new friends it sounds like!
Old 10-03-22, 05:02 AM  
Buzzer

BUG lower body... DONE!

I still like this workout! I am really liking a lot of the workouts I'm doing, and realizing how many good workouts are out there! It's nice not tying myself to a rotation, I think perhaps I was jeopardizing myself doing that. I think I was thinking if I did a workout from a rotation I had to do the rotation, and now I'm finding I am happier free lancing it, and I can try more workouts! Which I am loving!

last time I did BUG, I did the lunge alternative (leg lifts on the floor) with Joyce. This time, I did the lunges. They go so fast! I couldn't go into a complete, low lunge, but it was more like in Sandahl's workout where she does the quick lunge forward before her full lunges. I also am struggling with the "leg extension" where they put a weight between their feet while sitting on the bench. Then, they extend their legs. I am struggling, leaning back, and working everything but my quads. I tried laying on the floor to do it, I just can't make that work with anything more than 5 pounds, and 5 pounds I can't even feel. It's just an awkward move. I have a leg extension attachment I can put on my bench, however by the time I do that it's more fuss than it's worth. So I just struggled through then moved on. There are more than enough exercises in that workout to make up for my lack of leg extension!

She really works the abs in this one too with the scissor exercises. Today I will probably do the BUG upper body and abs.

I slept really crappy last night. We went to Cider Days yesterday, and had a blast! LB got to walk a goat for about 20 minutes (her name was Pepper! So cute), rode the donkeys twice, pet a fuzzy cow, got to help in a magic show... we had a blast! At the end, a lady at a booth gave her a free apple to eat and she was so happy. We were pooped and dehydrated though. I wonder if that's why I had trouble sleeping? I don't know. I slept pretty good the last few nights, so maybe it was just my night to sleep crappy. it happens... way too much.

Today we just have swim lessons and she has to practice violin, so I should be able to take a nap if I need to. I love how I think she "only" has swim and violin, however we still have to do school, plus the busyness of making breakfast and lunch, plus random things that come up during the day... I guess the only obligations we have today are violin and swim!

Ebianco: good luck today! I get that about the nightmare. I do that too. It's like you wake up with a chip on your shoulder for the person or for going to work. You just dread it more because you had this awful work experience. I used to tell my boss "I dreamt of working last night. Do I get paid for that?"

Eventmom: Hope you are feeling better, and moving on with the final days of your schedule! I know it's not like, really FINAL days, but only like 2 more months, so if I were you I'd be counting down the days!! (and hours, but that's just me)
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-03-22, 10:05 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - 20 min yoga old sara ivanhoe power beauty sweat , took my horse for a jump lesson, resistance stretch when I got home.
today - action jaq. barre + 20 min Gina B

so the sara ivanhoe appears to be a 2003 production - wow nearly 20 years still a good yoga practice for 20 minutes not too hard.

one of my horses legs was swollen when I went to ice her after I got home. I iced her, poultices and wrapped. she's on analgesics for jumping so fingers crossed I actually have fun things planned for the next two weekends but can't do them if she's lame.

buzzer - I'm pretty sure they make Marthe count because Joyce sucks at counting and would get criticized for how bad she was at it. Enter Marthe and problem solved! LOL. I don't really mind it. That LB is fabulous. I used BUG (my first JV) workout and lost a pant size in 3.5 weeks! However, I don't like her ab work and have never completed the ab work. I would throw in pilates sometimes instead - usually the qf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b_T...gAYZA0&index=1
As far as work, I'm so behind due to the migraines that I'm extra stressed instead of less stressed. sigh. in the 3 months no more of that.

ebianco - that's nightmare sounds terrible - but hopefully once you went back to work things were okay and you can put it out of your mind. Hope you DH is feeling okay!
Old 10-04-22, 07:18 AM  
Buzzer

BUG Upper body.. DONE!

I used 10, 15 and 20's for some of the sets, 5, 8 and 10's for the others. Last time I tried to do the 10, 15 and 20's for everything, this time I went lower for some and it was much more doable. I still really like this workout! I am debating doing it again, or moving on. I think I had a Jari Love up next. I'll see how I feel tomorrow!!

Yesterday was a kinda chill day, we just had swim lessons in the morning. So LB and I went to Hobby Lobby to look at fabric, since I want to recover our dining room chairs and this bench we have at the front door. We covered them in this antique looking fabric about 13 or 14 years ago, now it's just too dark. It's got black, yellow and a little reds in it, and it's just so dark! I didn't offer my opinion back then, we had some antique furniture I didn't really like and it fit in, so instead of doing what I liked, I let the antiques dictate things. I never felt comfortable with it, but didn't know what to do instead. Well, since I am getting rid of the stuff I hate over these last few years, I am now at that fabric and it doesn't fit at all with what we have now. So, anyhow, we went looking for fabric, and ended up with the awesome picture of a cow lounging on a couch with cow pictures behind him. I love it and hate it, but mostly love it! We put it behind our couch, and it looks amazing.

I did find a fabric I like, so I will measure my bench first and get the fabric for it. So new project! HA! It'll look nice though.

Eventmom: I have done the ab work to completion twice, and it was daunting but fun! it's so long. I don't know why they do abs for so long, but it was good. The last few sets weren't as tough as the first few. I don't think I could do it a lot, because it would be dread inducing, however it's good. I can see why you like BUG though! It's a great workout! it has reignited my interest in Joyce and I'm adding her to my "rotation".

Ebianco: I hope you had a great day back to work, and that your DH did too. I was thinking of you guys yesterday!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-04-22, 11:36 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

floor barre class - aarp (yep) offered these free and on line 5 free classes hosted by various zena rommett floor barre instructors. I enjoyed these more than I expected.

buzzer - wow the whole BUG abs! of all the joyce's this is the one I still like the most. It's long-ish. I kept many of her others but this is one I pull out the most.

hi ebianco - hope the first day back went okay.
Old 10-06-22, 11:46 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week yesterday with Epic Day 21 glutes (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwzX...XkXVM&index=23) and only committed to doing half, it is mentally tough to work just one set of muscles for so long, and I was still getting up to speed from all the craziness last week. I ended up doing more than half, closer to 75% and i'm happy with that! I did allllll the hip thrusts which are killer when I do them, but the DOMS again isn't that bad and some of the sumo squats then the finisher which was bridge work and very tough.

Today was Epic Day 22 upper body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-by...XkXVM&index=24) and did it all and it was very tough but I liked it, the time seemed to go faster with exercises changing constantly. My arms are a bit shaky though now with all that exertion!

Eventmom and Buzzer thank you both for your well wishes! The work week definitely started out shaky. I could barely operate Monday and Tuesday and didn't pick up speed just a little until yesterday, but today I'm feeling more back to normal. I was just frozen from the stress of returning to work, with 400 unread emails at the busiest time of the year. And even my voice sounded weak and anxious even to my own ears, in the few meetings I had. But I am definitely feeling better now, almost up to speed and tomorrow I'll hopefully be super productive.

DH seems to be doing better with his heart stuff, his current challenge is finding a cardio rehab that has openings anytime soon and not weeks/months down the line And he is unhappy about the insulin injections that he is going to have to start But he is back to work and doing okay with that, so far.

Eventmom That is so funny about an AARP barre class glad to hear it was a good class! Hopefully the whole series will be good!

Buzzer Awe the Cider Days event sounded fun with all the farm animals!

That picture of the highland cow is adorable!!