Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-14, 11:21 AM  
andtckrtoo

Yin The Zone Streaming

Yin just announced her streaming service. I will be joining as I love her stuff: https://yinthezonefitness.pivotshare.com/
Old 04-11-14, 11:43 AM  
SuzieC

I was just coming in here to post the same thing. This is great. I'm so glad she was able to get something up and running so quickly.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:12 PM  
olala

As I understand, this is only for a short videos, the long ones needed to be purchase separately.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:43 PM  
andtckrtoo

Her idea is that we will mix and match. So we'll take Arms, abs, Legs and cardio and mix them up to keep us challenged.

The longer videos, except for the trampoline workout, I believe have been pulled because of an issue with the music. I could be wrong.
Old 04-11-14, 12:57 PM  
in paris

I like her idea of mix-and-match because I often do it myself, depending on my mood

The big thing for me is the music, though (and I'm beating myself up for not buying more of her workouts whilst I still could!)… I'd love to hear feedback from you on that front. I'm working out on an iPad so the music is huge when you don't have a big screen.

The music she's getting from her friends seems quite a bit better than the generic exercise video, but I don't know if I'd want to spend an hour working out to it with no cues…

I do truly like her -- I just need the music to make it worthwhile, otherwise it's just too hard to follow without cueing.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I agree about the cueing, in paris. I have only her abs workout, which is fantastic as many of us here know. Before her stuff got pulled, I was debating buying more, but I couldn't see how I could do her lower body work without any sort of cueing -- just seemed like I would wreck my neck.

Wow, seems like there's so many options coming up -- the ART stuff, this, even Chalene's PiYo has me intrigued.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:38 PM  
SuzieC

I did the two trampoline workouts on Yin's subscription site today. I actually really enjoyed the music. It's energetic and motivating.
They are a bit more challenging than the 40 min. trampoline released last week. I REALLY loved the fast one - it sure is fast! I wish she does more like that so i can put together a longer workout of fast trampoline.

When I do one of Yin's Basic workouts or even Tracy's muscular structure, I always put the workout on my iphone or ipad as well as on my computer or TV. That way, when I'm doing the legwork, I look at the ipad/iphone right in front of me. I just start the workouts at the same time on the computer/TV and iphone/ipad. sometimes I use only the ipad (which has a stand), along with my bluetooth mini-speaker, so I can hear the music nice and loud. This has worked really well for me, so cueing isn't a problem.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:41 PM  
daisyduke

I don't like mixing and matching. I'd rather have full length. Oh well. I have enough TA to keep me going for awhile.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 03:52 PM  
cmiyachi

Glad to hear your feedback on her subscription site. It's kind of pricey to me but I really liked her treadmill workouts.

I was sorry I didn't download more of her good-music workouts as well!

I'm not sure I'm going to subscribe - I have so many workouts - and the reason I liked her stuff was the music.

I did create some playlists on spotify that she suggested with her downloads and that worked really well.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 03:15 AM  
in paris

SuzieC, thank you for that suggestion. I never thought about using two devices (though my larger screen computer is out as the speaker is on the fritz)… hmmmmm…

I'm still really gutted about not having the good music any more.

(Made me realise why I liked TA's original dance cardio and no other from her -- she had real music! Alas, that's also like why it was pulled from circulation.)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yin the zone, yin yue