Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-14, 11:52 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
Sancho,

There are a mixture of workouts but most are spin workouts, there are no step workouts. HIIT is thrown into some of the spin routines. They range from 30 min to an hour. You can pay $20 for the subscription to the library (all workouts). There are also some workouts available for download. What caught my eye was the spin and trx workouts. Don't let 30 mins fool you, they are tough. Check it out. I love SSOD.

Lollie
Ohhhh....TRX workouts? Approximately how many and are they good?

Thanks for any info!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 02:40 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post

Thanks for any info!
That's my question. I would love to do some TRX classes.

Cheryl
Old 04-23-14, 09:34 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post

Thanks for any info!
I am trying the 7 day free subscription which only gives us about 20 workouts to choose from. One of them is an Express TRX for 30 minutes. I am able to see how many classes they have to offer of the TRX when we have a free pass access and there are 19 TRX classes. HTH

Cheryl
Old 04-23-14, 02:19 PM  
Daphne M

Hmmm. I'm curious to know if streaming the live classes would mean better music -- or would it be more like DVD music (copycat pop song remixes)?

In either case, the monthly Cathe subscription doesn't tempt me, but I can see how this is the future, especially for younger generations. It'd be great for my 17-year old daughter who is a gym-goer and who streams all kinds of programming already, so she's comfortable with the approach.

I checked out Lollie's Studio Sweat on Demand and I liked the option to download a single class for $5.88 to a mobile device. That'd be nice for when I travel or when I'm at the gym and need structure for my workout.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:17 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I am trying the 7 day free subscription which only gives us about 20 workouts to choose from. One of them is an Express TRX for 30 minutes. I am able to see how many classes they have to offer of the TRX when we have a free pass access and there are 19 TRX classes. HTH

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 12:13 PM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
As someone who still uses VHS workouts about once or twice a week, I can't say that I'm excited about this overall trend towards steaming and downloads. I'm sure I will still be buying DVDs until the bitter end, at which point I will have to be dragged into streaming workouts.
That's me too. I wasn thinking about this during my workout today. I did an ab sequence from the VHS classic Len Kravitz Superabs.

I them popped in a Cathe DVD - Cardio legs blast. Is this the wave of the future? I don't want to stream - I have only two computers - one I use for my work and there is no room to workout in the office - the other is an Apple laptop that I share with my son.

Is Cathe no longer going to film DVDs?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 12:29 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Thanks Cheryl for answering the question. These are awesome workouts. My spin fitness has really improved. Good TRX classes too. I am still a beginner when it comes to TRX.

If anyone is interested in SSOD I would suggest doing the free week trial. The music is the real deal, no DVD music. All classes are filmed live so it's just like being in a live class at the gym.

Daphne, I downloaded a couple of classes to my flash drive and transferred it to my Kindle. Then I wanted to see what was in the library and subscribed to All Access; glad I did.

My favorite instructors,so far, are Cat Kom, Brooke and Rebecca.

Lollie
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 01:02 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
That's me too. I wasn thinking about this during my workout today. I did an ab sequence from the VHS classic Len Kravitz Superabs.

I them popped in a Cathe DVD - Cardio legs blast. Is this the wave of the future? I don't want to stream - I have only two computers - one I use for my work and there is no room to workout in the office - the other is an Apple laptop that I share with my son.

Is Cathe no longer going to film DVDs?
They said that they will continue to produce DVDs.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 01:14 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
Thanks Cheryl for answering the question. These are awesome workouts. My spin fitness has really improved. Good TRX classes too. I am still a beginner when it comes to TRX.

If anyone is interested in SSOD I would suggest doing the free week trial. The music is the real deal, no DVD music. All classes are filmed live so it's just like being in a live class at the gym.

Daphne, I downloaded a couple of classes to my flash drive and transferred it to my Kindle. Then I wanted to see what was in the library and subscribed to All Access; glad I did.

My favorite instructors,so far, are Cat Kom, Brooke and Rebecca.

Lollie
Lollie - With the free 7 day trial there are only 9 classes to choose from, so the pickings is small. I am glad they let me see what classes are available of I want an All Access Pass. I am pretty sure I will be doing that. I am not new to TRX, since I have been doing TRX on and off for over 5 years. It's just that the TRX DVDs are so darn boring. I am a beginner with Spin, though. I just haven't given it a good try when I got my bike 18 months ago. I watched a Beginner clip from Cat about spinning last night and I got some really good tips. This morning I did a Spin & Sculpt. I figured that would be the best place to start to build my stamina up to do a whole hour of spinning. There is only that one Spin & Sculpt to choose from. I really enjoyed it. I love the music and the feel of a real class.

Cheryl
Old 04-24-14, 01:37 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Cheryl, yes there aren't many classes available for the week trial but it gives you a good feel of what the workouts are like. There are a lot more in the library. You can always do the All Access Pass and if you don't like it you can cancel. I think you will like the TRX classes.

SSOD also has a fb page.
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote