Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-22-21, 12:45 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - More People Are Killed by Vending Machines Than Sharks. Aug 22

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 12:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has been a lazy day, and I've enjoyed it. We're changing the sheets on the bed, so that's one thing I've done that's productive. Polly, the neighborhood cat, came by this morning for some petting and then took a nap on our porch. I've also done some crafting. I con't have much motivation to do much today.

My hip is better but not going away. I can't sleep on my right side because of it (which is my primary sleep position) and I need to ice it and stretch it to deal with the lower-grade pain. I wonder if I need to go to a doctor to look at it. On the other hand, it is getting better and maybe I just need to give it time.

Anita - How is Adelija settling in? It sounds like she has been busy since getting there.

Paula - I have an iPhone, so I don't know your type of phone at all. Did you have apps on it you used before?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-22-21, 01:39 PM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thank you for starting us off - I was lazy and waited for you to do it .

We're doing well here - got all the laundry done and walked Gus in a park. Gus liked it as he got to do some wading in the water and it wasn't super hot. Adelija is trying to see a French monster movie that has translations in it but the version on YouTube doesn't have that. Other than that we'll get some lunch and putz around. We tried to hit a little food counter at the park, but it didn't look like it was open today - we'll make some salads later today. Yesterday we had a good evening at my friend's house and ate a lot... I think I'm just a home buddy not the looking for action kid I'm living with . There's still a lot of things like classes and bus rides to be set up for Adelija.

Laura, I had a Tracfone before this and I didn't like how it couldn't talk to my computer - my iPhone is sooooooo much better talking with my iMac. Well, would qualifying for a hip replacement be in your future? Sorry for your hip pain .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 07:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Laura, I just noticed the year you used in your title - 2222. I wonder if something like Video Fitness will be in existence at that time . I wish that we'd have access to the years of history we've written in this group.

I'm planning on walking Gus this morning, Adelija wants to take the city train to Mall of America and meet a friend from Ukraine I met at the airport at the mall - I hope all goes well and she has a good time. I've given her the stops she needs to make. She won't be back until dinner time. I'll use the time to work in my back yard.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-23-21, 05:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today I did some cooking for lunch. This afternoon, we went and got our COVID booster shots. I'm kind of tired tonight and, if it's like last time, will be tomorrow as well.

Anita - Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to go back and fix the date yesterday, but I did it today. I don't think my hip is indicative of needing a hip replacement. It has been more like sciatic issues. I slept on my back last night and my hip has been much better today, significantly less pain.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-23-21, 08:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Sorry I've been missing for a couple days, we've had some internet problems. We were without internet since Saturday. The Technician came this morning and fixed everything so we're back in business.

Laura, sorry your hip is painful. You may recall I had hip pain at the beginning of the year. I did eight weeks of PT but it really helped. I find I need to do hip openers every day or so, keep it stretched out or the pain returns. I like that the new phone syncs well with my computers.

Anita, hope Adeliga's solo trip to the mall went well. I too wish we could access our past posts. I really miss the Cronies who were with us for so long but now have left us. It's funny but I expect most people are no longer doing exercise DVD's and now are using YouTube or other streaming venues. The medium has changed, but the heart of it is the same.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 07:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus after the rain slows down a bit, then I have an appointment for a mammogram today. We did get rain this morning - nice lots of rain! I'm not sure what Adelija would like to do today - maybe seeing Minneapolis with her buddy.

Laura, awww, I kind of liked the future date in our title line . Glad your hip is feeling better.

Paula, weird on the internet difficulties - was the wiring bad to your house? Adelija's trip to the mall went well - she met her friend from the Ukraine and put in about 16000 steps in there. She got herself some cute slippers and ate at the mall.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-24-21, 07:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) and some yoga/stretch on my own.

Anita, send some of that rain my way - we need it. The internet problem was our modem, which had the hiccups and, as it turned out, the cable into the house also had problems (please don't ask me to explain it). Both have now been replaced and everything seems to be working again.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 08:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was super fatigued today. I'm assuming it was the reaction to the vaccine booster I got yesterday since it has been similar to the feeling I had after the second shot. i mixed up some crab dip today and cleaned up the kitchen, which was a disaster area. Other than that, I did some crafting and I pet the cat and I watched TV. I hope to feel more energetic tomorrow, especially since DH has an early morning PT appointment (for us). It's at 8:00.

I feel a little residual something in my hip - not pain, but a small discomfort. I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and do upper body strength work and NO seated elliptical since that seems to be what triggered all that. I might try a slow treadmill.

Paula - Congrats on getting your internet back. I was wondering where you were. I hope it stays that way. I'm non-technical enough to think that once something like that is set up, that it should function just fine for all time.

Anita - Glad you got some good rain. Now, it's Paula's turn!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-25-21, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with Adelija and putzing around. We'll be meeting a feline rescue organization to see if Adelija wants to spend some time there every week - at least this place is walkable within a few blocks of home. Adelija's buddy's "mom" will be calling me this morning to talk - they want to make a trip to Minneapolis on the train tomorrow. Tomorrow is the start of the State Fair also - lots of road crowding as they're not running many buses to the fair - yikes!

Paula, glad your internet is working again! I have no idea what they will do for water out west - the levels are ridiculously down and won't be coming back easily. I wonder if they can gather and unsalt some of the ocean water.

Laura, I wonder if they'll make up their minds if the J&J vaccine needs a booster also. Glad you got yours! Hope you figure out something more comfortable for your hips. I'm getting in lots of steps these days - yesterday was another 14.5 k steps day.

Waves to all!

Anita