Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee so very good to hear from you! I have missed you a lot around here. I think it’s great you are able to do 2 workouts a week.

I have come to really enjoy my treadmill. I ran almost an hour on it tonight. It gets dark here still pretty early and it just feels safer too. I never thought I would be a podcaster but it REALLY helps with the boredom. Tonight I listened to one about night terrors and nightmares and lucid dreaming and it kept my mind busy the whole time. I also used my tubing for chest and back.

Jbliff please don’t become a mushroom!

Vannie aren’t you glad you did something? So easy to just give up and veg, and that is fine too sometimes, but gosh it feels good to do just a short workout.

Waves to Cher!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I'm grateful for my treadmill but I can't say I love it. I enjoy walking hills on it though. Glad you're getting good use out of it. I don't think I've ever lasted an hour on it! I love podcasts too. I have a workout streak going and didn't want to break it today!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 03:35 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 53-minute yoga practice using weights. It was surprisingly tough in parts with 5-pound dumbbells.

Karjoy - Your podcasts sure are varied and interesting sounding. BTW, I saw a Peloton bike today at Costco and was slightly tempted but I just can't fit another piece of equipment in my workout room.

Vannie - I hope you kept your streak going!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 11:26 PM  
Vantreesta

I had a bad headache today and was tired so I took a long nap. We did do all 3 walks and I did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-21-22, 09:13 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Old 01-21-22, 07:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting today. Did 45 minutes on the mill yesterday and JBliff, I listened to a podcast about a master counterfeiter. True story. But my goodness, it was so much work to get all the equipment and the special blend cotton/linen paper and do the engraving. And then it had to be printed overseas and I got tired just listening to the plot. Needless to say the guys got caught. I was thinking the whole time, “Guy get yourself a REAL job and make clean money with fewer worries. Being a counterfeiter is just too hard!” It’s weird how people’s mind work.

It’s rained here all day with the temp in the high 40s. Pretty nasty outside. I have some family that live on the southern NC coast and they are supposed to have ice tomorrow! Ice at the beach just does not sound right.

Jbliff I be would love to have a Peloton bike but my husband would kill me and we have no room. Yoga with weights sounds very challenging!

Vannie great job getting 3 walks in despite your headache. I hope you are feeling better.

Waves to Gibbee and Cher.
Old 01-22-22, 07:30 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body + core + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Too funny about your thoughts about the counterfeiter. It's true! Weather in NC has been pretty bad. My in-laws in Asheville keep getting snow and bad weather. We dodged another round of snow here and are just really cold. This morning when I got up, the real feel was 10 degrees!

Old 01-23-22, 02:20 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Waves to all.
Old 01-23-22, 05:44 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Sorry. I missed yesterday. I did my long run of 14 miles yesterday. I am
On call this weekend and have to answer calls within an hour. So I ran 5 miles on the treadmill, took a quick break for calls, then ran 6.5 miles outside. Then I had only about 2.4 miles left which I did as a recovery run last evening. Getting ready to preview a short UB workout on Peloton.

Well COvID cases are supposed to be trending downward here, but you wouldn’t know it by the calls I am getting. There are lots of calls and probably 97% are about COvID. One day at a time I guess.

We got down to 26 last night and the high was in the 40s yesterday. I think we got to 54 today and Lord what a beautiful day it is. Sun shining and not a cloud in the sky. Ben had a wonderful day of golf today.

Jbliff my sister southeast NC got about 4-5” of snow which is a lot for them. I am gonna check out Asheville. A friend in Raleigh got about 2”.

Waves to all.
Old 01-24-22, 09:27 AM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another Happy Yoga episode. Even though I had planned more I still count it as a win bc we went up north to my father-in-law's when hubby got home from work and usually on those days I do nothing but spend time with Cyric since he can't go with us. So easy yoga and vacuuming was more than I usually do before going up! I forgot to do any type of workout on Saturday so my streak is broken but I won't beat myself up, I'll just start again. I went to the thrift store and scored the best deal, ten bucks for a barbell with 60# of plates on it and a dumbbell with small plates on it! I was beyond excited!! (Still am of course.) We came home yesterday and I spent the evening petting Cyric (splurged and had him groomed at the kennel so he's all soft and clean smelling) and watching TV with hubby. Back on my game today!