Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-22, 10:28 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’m similar to you regarding Facebook. I have a few groups I like to participate in.

I think older people have gone to Facebook and the younger to Tik Tok and Snapchat. But I like the forum posting, Facebook is harder for me to keep track of.
Man, I can't stand Tik Tok. ��

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 10:28 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The whole big group that I used to go to fitness conferences and on Cathe trips with years ago seem to be gone - except Abbe and myself. And Alta is still here. I'm still in touch with a lot of them, friends on Facebook, etc. Most just moved on from videos, working out at home, etc. Some just lost interest when lots of controversial stuff was going on and you often couldn't post without being criticized, argued with, ostracized or whatever. I think all of the "troublemakers" are gone, too.

I still say that some of my best friends are from VF!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 10:29 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Man, I can't stand Tik Tok. ��
I’ve never joined! So far I’ve resisted lol. I do see the videos though, people with you tube channels copy them into the you tube shorts. And people post the funny ones on IG and FB.

Fitness is big on Tik Tok. Instructors post short instructional videos. Justina Ercole is usually debunking them lol. But she said she really grew her business on Tik Tok. A skincare you tuber I follow, Abbe Yung, said the same thing.
Old 01-18-22, 10:36 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
I’ve never joined! So far I’ve resisted lol. I do see the videos though, people with you tube channels copy them into the you tube shorts. And people post the funny ones on IG and FB.

Fitness is big on Tik Tok. Instructors post short instructional videos. Justina Ercole is usually debunking them lol. But she said she really grew her business on Tik Tok. A skincare you tuber I follow, Abbe Yung, said the same thing.
The format drives me nuts, personally. But I've always been a little old school.

Old 01-18-22, 11:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I joined TikTok but left right away. I'd love to follow some channels but - well are they channels even? I couldn't figure out how to search or anything like that and got so frustrated, I figured it was a blessing in disguise that I don't need one more avenue of social media to fall down into.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 11:28 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
I’m similar to you regarding Facebook. I have a few groups I like to participate in.

I think older people have gone to Facebook and the younger to Tik Tok and Snapchat. But I like the forum posting, Facebook is harder for me to keep track of.
I deleted Facebook a few years ago. I didn't really visit all that much or talk to anyone. I also prefer forum posting.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 12:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
... I think all of the "troublemakers" are gone, too.
LOL, not all the troublemakers are gone.

I know of at least one VFer who left VF because she became too ill with an autoimmune disease to work out. She felt like she had nothing to post about. Maybe at that time VF was less tolerant of those who were struggling. I don't know.

By now, especially with the "Graying of VF," we all support each other whether we can work out or not.

I quit FaceBook a while back. I've never been on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc. That kind of format just isn't for me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:03 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I deleted Facebook a few years ago. I didn't really visit all that much or talk to anyone. I also prefer forum posting.
Same here.

On a side note, I’ve gone on a dvd buying spree lately. I’m a little panicked about the thought of being stuck into one site for streaming, not having the ability to just pick up what I own and exercise. Although I like streaming as an option (I just subscribed to Udaya), the idea that it will be the ONLY option (I guess there are paper workouts, but not same thing) is scary and depressing. I have a DVD player waiting in the wings if my current one dies, and then there are my son’s PS4 player (and another one put away) that I can use.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:17 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Same here.

On a side note, I’ve gone on a dvd buying spree lately. I’m a little panicked about the thought of being stuck into one site for streaming, not having the ability to just pick up what I own and exercise. Although I like streaming as an option (I just subscribed to Udaya), the idea that it will be the ONLY option (I guess there are paper workouts, but not same thing) is scary and depressing. I have a DVD player waiting in the wings if my current one dies, and then there are my son’s PS4 player (and another one put away) that I can use.
The idea of not being able to find things certainly seems to be a real possibility. I picked up Ellen Barrett's Fusion Floor for a pretty reasonable price, but every other listing was like $40 for one DVD! Same with Stretch Sculpt, haven't been able to find those anywhere. I can't do Fusion Floor yet I'm sure, but I want to know I have it when I'm ready for it!

Old 01-18-22, 01:46 PM  
sherry7899

I am not getting rid of any dvds unless I absolutely hate them. I use Team Body Project and you tube a lot, but the thought of not having dvds is not an option for me. I am such a variety junkie.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, dvds vs streaming, vf activity