Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-11, 09:37 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Week 2 today. Who is saying these are intermediate? I think if you do them without modifying they are at least int/adv or adv. LOTS of plank work and ab work, and those 90 second segments seem to go on forever if they don't change up.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:22 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Thank you for asking my opinion! I'm flattered I think the DVDs would work very well with running. Very well balanced mix of lower/upper/core moves. The plyos on the DVDs are wonderful for running, they really help your explosive power.
Thanks for your input! I see you do a lot of distance running! At this point in my life I have no desire to do a full marathon, but maybe someday As for now I am quite happy with shorter races and half marathons.

I asked my brother for this and am hoping he gets it for me for Christmas. I recently finished an S90 rotation with half marathon training and it was a nice combination. Not sure if it was the S90 rotation or what (or the closer to sea level elevation of the HM) but in the past two weeks I set two new PRs, HM in 1 hr 49 min and 21 sec and 5-mile in 39 min 4 sec.

My next HM is not until March and I am planning on doing a PeakFit rotation starting Monday with running, but only 4-5 rather than 5-6 days a week and no more than 3 10+ mile runs a month which will take me to right before Christmas, and then planning on doing a rotation of this set while in "training mode". So my brother better get it for me, as I already have the next 5months of workouts planned, and it includes this set!

I have also been eyeing RushFit as these seem like they may also work well with running, but haven't really seen anything on them regarding use with running.

I also recieved Tonique2 in a trade and really think it will be nice addition to leg conditioing for running. I am hoping to trade for others soon!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 04:06 PM  
turbo1

I actually had this in my cart at Wal-Mart over the weekend, but put it back on the shelf and decided to look for some reviews on here first! I think I"ll go back and get it now Not like I need anymore DVDs, but I don't have anything like this (body weight only DVDs)
Old 10-13-11, 06:35 PM  
counterclockwise

These sound great, thanks for posting! I'm all about all body weight workouts, and I love hearing that there's more back extensions than your typical DVD!

I haven't bought anything in a while, so I might get this.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 07:03 PM  
icebergslim

I ordered this from Walmart because it was not available around me on Monday and got it today. I was surprised because it indicated I would not get it until the 20th. Reviewing the dvds now and I LIKE that the calendar, nutrition, fitness journal is downloadable on a DVD. HINT, HINT a all programs, DO THIS because many throw this PAPER stuff in the trash and you can reprint the calendar over and over again, along with the other stuff. Love body weight workouts.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 07:43 PM  
Cecilia

Any breakdowns available?

Cecilia
Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 06:25 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishOT View Post
Thanks for your input! I see you do a lot of distance running! At this point in my life I have no desire to do a full marathon, but maybe someday As for now I am quite happy with shorter races and half marathons.

I asked my brother for this and am hoping he gets it for me for Christmas. I recently finished an S90 rotation with half marathon training and it was a nice combination. Not sure if it was the S90 rotation or what (or the closer to sea level elevation of the HM) but in the past two weeks I set two new PRs, HM in 1 hr 49 min and 21 sec and 5-mile in 39 min 4 sec.

My next HM is not until March and I am planning on doing a PeakFit rotation starting Monday with running, but only 4-5 rather than 5-6 days a week and no more than 3 10+ mile runs a month which will take me to right before Christmas, and then planning on doing a rotation of this set while in "training mode". So my brother better get it for me, as I already have the next 5months of workouts planned, and it includes this set!

I have also been eyeing RushFit as these seem like they may also work well with running, but haven't really seen anything on them regarding use with running.

I also recieved Tonique2 in a trade and really think it will be nice addition to leg conditioing for running. I am hoping to trade for others soon!
That's a fantastic time. I think all the core exercises and specially the plyo moves will make you a faster runner. To run fast(er) among other things you need great explosive power so the Peakfit is a good choice. Why don't you want to long more than 10m?
What type of speed training do you do?
Maybe we can PM to not hijack this thread.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 08:18 AM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I love all the back extensions. So many workouts neglect that and they are so important. Very well balanced workouts, obviously somebody did some serious thinking before putting them together.
When I saw this was body weight, yet no pull-ups, I was worried the chest would get more work than the back. Glad to know someone was thinking of back. Any other opinions on chest/back balance in this series?

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 08:54 AM  
turbo1

I picked this up at Wal-Mart this morning on my way to work. Hope to preview during my lunch hr. I"m hoping I can do these at work during my lunch hr and free up my evenings to enjoy this awesome weather by being outside after work. I"m so thankful for VF and the honest opionions (positive and negative) of workout DVDs. I"ve saved myself some money in the last few yrs!
Old 10-14-11, 09:41 AM  
Rhonda

I got this yesterday. I tried out the push up handles with another workout and was able to do toe pushups for two rounds of 12. I think I was getting about half way down and hope to one day get further. I was so geeked and it felt comfortable on the wrists.

I haven't previewed any of the workouts but hope to this weekend.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight exercises, hunky guys with no shirts, nahesi crawford, weider, x-factor st, x-factor xt