Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-21, 08:03 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Do You Break Up Sets for Trades?

I have several Cathe sets - Intensity, RWH, LITE, ICE, P30 - and in each one there are workouts I never do. I sometimes see in the Exchange or Request the Wealth where folks are looking for certain workouts within these sets and even though they are ones I don't use I can't bring myself to not keep the full set intact. Is anyone else like this or is this OCD?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:16 PM  
amg

I can't break up sets either and not really sure why. I am more OCD with my DVD collection than most other things though. Also, the workouts I like tend to change with time and my mood so I would probably have trader's remorse if I split up a set.
Old 01-14-21, 09:38 PM  
jusca

I would break a set that can be bought individually like Cathe. Beachbody sets and others that aren't sold individually that are broken up are of no value to me. I like to have the entire set as it's harder to replace missing dvds.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 10:08 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Yes, I have. Why keep what you won’t do?

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 11:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I would break a set that can be bought individually like Cathe. Beachbody sets and others that aren't sold individually that are broken up are of no value to me. I like to have the entire set as it's harder to replace missing dvds.
same here.

i have purchased sets that were already fragmented (Cize was one) in the thrift store. however, i found another fragmented set that included the one i was missing! it was meant to be. Firm Express was a set i bought in goodwill and it was missing a disc - however, i had the missing workouts on discs that were sold retail.

however, i will not trade a fragmented set to someone else if it was originally sold in a cardboard folio.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote