Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-21, 11:47 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I've only done her Walk On workouts except for "Have a Ball" from Walk Strong 2.0 Burn Fat & Have Fun. Also, I haven't tried any of her workout segments that use weights and I tend not to like fusion workouts in general.

My favorites from the Walk Ons (keeping in mind I mainly do the walking or interval segments and not weights or toning):

The 2-disc 21 Day set!!!!! Four 30-minute workouts. 1st two workouts I do A LOT (one is steady state and one is HIIT). 4th workout is a 15-minute arm burner walk+15-minute stretch. I don't do the 3rd workout because it uses weights and I haven't been in the mood for weights.
15 minute Fast Fat Blasts
4 Mile Power Walk
Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week (keep in mind this is the boring indoor set with a lackluster background and no real windows, but I really like the 2 mile Belly Fast Blast Interval walk and, when I can tolerate something longer, the 3 mile Flat Abs Power walk)
30 Day Set: I use the 30 min HIIT walk on Disc 1, 30 min Power Pyramid on Disc 2, and 30 min Fat Blaster & 40 min Mega Burn on Disc 3.
5 Mix & Match Miles (boring indoor set and I like Energy Boost, Pumped Up Pace, and Jog & Jive)
6 Mile Mix (Steady Burn, Cardio Interval Abs, and Speed Walk)
10 minute Quick Walk Mix (I use the Happy HIIT Walk & Dance Walk)

I do not seem to reach for the 3-DVD Superset even though I've tried a few walks on there. I've never gone back to them but maybe someday I will so I'm keeping this set for now.

If I could only keep a few, it would be the 21-day 2-disc set, 15 min Fast Fat Blasts, 4 Mile Power Walk, and Walk Off the Belly Fat 5 Days a week (because I like the 2 mile Interval walk on there).

So,helpful! Which one is the 30 day set?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 01:34 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
So,helpful! Which one is the 30 day set?
This one:

Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan (Low Impact High Results Program) [3 DVD Set]

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Weight-I...dp/B011D5G982/

I have never followed the 30-day plan or used it as a program. I just do the walk segments I like when I'm in the mood. You can see the 30-day plan though on the second amazon product picture as far as which workout segment(s) you're supposed to do each day (I think it's on the back of the DVD case).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 08:58 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
This one:

Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan (Low Impact High Results Program) [3 DVD Set]

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Weight-I...dp/B011D5G982/

I have never followed the 30-day plan or used it as a program. I just do the walk segments I like when I'm in the mood. You can see the 30-day plan though on the second amazon product picture as far as which workout segment(s) you're supposed to do each day (I think it's on the back of the DVD case).
Thank you!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 07:23 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
I always thought that WS3 would be a little too advanced for me, but I’ve finally learned to swallow my pride and follow Debbie when I need to and take out any impact that might be bad for my knees, and the workouts have been doable and enjoyable. I’m going to stick to this for a while since I’m feeling so good and they’re leaving me with plenty of energy to watch my 4-year-old grandson every day for several hours to give my daughter a break.

Sue
This is exactly how I felt about WS3 and a few of Jessica’s other workouts (since I’ve slacked off quite a bit the last few years and I’m getting older ). I’ve sort of started to swallow my pride and just follow Debbie at times; but haven’t gotten totally there yet. After reading your post, thinking I should just totally do that when I need to and maybe I will enjoy these workouts more.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 08:53 AM  
Tugger31

After an injury/surgery I've had to swallow my pride ALOT as far as workouts go. I follow Debbie a decent amount of time and have just learned to sub/modify. At first I was pretty frustrated and a bit depressed so I just started doing paper workouts with exercises I could do. After awhile I started missing my dvds and now I just do things MY style.

I also journal things and was browsing thru some older journals the other day. Pre injury I did a month of Cathe RWH and was sore, achy, tired and lost no weight at all. (Cathe was not the cause of the injury) Fast forward many years and post surgery, I was initially just walking and doing about four 30 min Jessica workouts per week, no particular rotation. I felt more rested and lost 7 lbs! That being said I have lost some cardio capacity b/c I'm no longer allowed to do high impact and lost some strength (that's more surgery/injury related) but I'm now doing some shorter low impact hiit or simply just a segment or two of a Cathe step workout which for now is pretty intense as I work up my endurance. Pre surgery I couldn't hold myself in a straight arm plank, and the other day I did 5 sets of 10 knee pushups! So definitely working up my strength. I continue to use Jessica (and Debbie) adding in some other workouts and continue to just feel more rested and have lost another 2 lbs. I now view exercise as something for stress relief as "my time" and to maintain strength as I age. My weight loss at this point is definitely more diet dependent. Once I let myself not feel like I had to go all out all the time or the workout was a "waste", or feel like I had to follow some magical rotation I now enjoy my workouts (and life!) alot more. So I can't use 20 lb dumbbells for chest presses anymore, but I can use 12's now and that's good for me!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 06:34 PM  
Tugger31

Because of this post, I realized I had 6 Mile Mix but hadn't done it yet!!!! This morning I did the Steady State walk followed by the Cardio Interval Abs, and thought it was great!! I felt these were a tad more intense than the walks in her 30 day set. I was definitely "sparkling". I can't wait to the other ones on this dvd!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 07:41 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did Fusion Strength today for the first time and really liked it. I haven't really clicked with her strength before.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:29 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Because of this post, I realized I had 6 Mile Mix but hadn't done it yet!!!! This morning I did the Steady State walk followed by the Cardio Interval Abs, and thought it was great!! I felt these were a tad more intense than the walks in her 30 day set. I was definitely "sparkling". I can't wait to the other ones on this dvd!
I like the cardio workouts on that DVD, too. I'm not a big band user (prefer dumbbells), but I've done those workouts a few times and they are pretty good. I'd say 6 Mile Mix is one of my favorite Jessica DVDs. Or one of the most used, anyway.

Donna
Old 01-15-21, 12:23 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i liked the work Jessica did with the Rodale families of workouts (Prevention, Women's Health) and 10MS. when she switched to walking, i was too used to Leslie, and as such, just have a few walking workouts from Jessica. her barre workout is good.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 12:13 PM  
darbyndoug

I also purchased Walk Strong 3, and am really enjoying the variety and the fact that she has a woman showing modifications.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feel good fusion, jessica smith, jessica smith favorites, jessica smith get strong