Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-21, 11:44 PM  
angie_nrs

Thank you all so much for the help

Just to clarify a bit....I'm not new to fitness tapes, just to the Firm. I think I have all Cathe's and do her workouts probably more than anything else. I'm trying to not over-do the high impact but I do still enjoy it.

This is one of the reasons I want to give these Firms a try. Thus far they seem pretty low impact and I am enjoying the variety of moves within each tape including light weights, heavy weights, light cardio, floor work, abs, etc. It just feels like these workouts cover it all.....at least the classics.

I'm just wondering for those who have seen great results, which Firms did you depend on the most? And yes....I know it depends on nutrition too. Here's what i have right now:

Firm Classics
Volumes 1 thru 6

Classic Total Body Fat Blaster - Allie Strickland

Firm Parts

Standing Legs (I have one that is 45 min, one that is 42, & one that is 52 min)
5-Day Abs
More 5 Day Abs
Lower Body Sculpting - 30 min
Floor Legs - 79 min
Tough Tape

Firm Sculpt (in gold sleeves from 2001)
Sculpted buns, hips, and thighs
Upper Body
Standing legs (the 42 min one listed above)
Tough Tape 2
Cross Trainers - Firm Strength - Pam Cauthen

Body Sculpting System from 2002 (purple sleeves)
Cardio Sculpt
Ab Sculpt
Body Sculpt

Body Sculpting System from 2002
Super Body Sculpt
Super Cardio Sculpt
Cardio Sculpt Blaster

Firm Basics
Abs, Buns, & Thighs
Sculpting with Weights
Fat Burning Workout

The Tortoise (I have one that is 60 and one that is 59 in different sleeves)
The Hare

Firm Cardio Burn - Tamela Hastie
Special Edition Super Cardio -65min

Body Sculpting System 2
Maximum Cardio Burn Plus Abs
Total Sculpt plus Abs

Fast and Firm Series
Calorie Killer

Pinks
Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn
Total Body Makeover with 4 express workouts and band

As near as I can tell, it looks like I have 11 of them that are doubles...but I'm not completely sure about that right now with the similar (or same) sleeves but different times listed on the tapes.

Thank you all so very much for the links and the information. Ya'll are wonderful!! While weeding thru some of these, I'm getting excited to pop them into the VCR and seeing what all these have to offer. I'm thinking tomorrow might be the tortoise or the hare.
Old 01-13-21, 12:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Following the tags on your thread should provide LOTS of rotation options using what you have.

I was late in joining the Firm party myself. But it wasn't so long ago that I don't remember how much I enjoyed it. Once I started, I couldn't wait to get my hands on more to explore all that I could.

I just wanted to highlight the fact that you, as an experienced Cathe exerciser, will probably enjoy the Tortoise, the Hare and Tough Tape.

Congratulations on your eBay treasure..Enjoy!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 01:11 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Standing Legs was always a killer one for me, even when I was doing Cathe on a regular basis.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 03:05 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in my first Firm 90 day rotation (F90DR), i lost weight. i didn't weigh myself, but i lost all of my pregnancy weight and really toned up. i went from a tight size 8 to a size 4. this was my first rotation, so that's usually very common where your body gets shocked. i wasn't new to weight lifting, it was just sticking to a rotation for 3 months that gave me results. i didn't change my eating, however, i generally ate healthy due to my borderline cholesterol.

i used Vols 1-6, Hare, Tortoise, Tough Tape 1, tri-trainers, tough cardio mix, tough aerobic mix, Tough Tape 2, standing legs, Firm Strength, Firm Cardio and i subbed in Karen Voight and Gin Miller for cardio. pretty much everything listed in the original F90DR except for core cardio 1 and 2 - for those i subbed in non-Firms.

i didn't have any goals - i just stuck to the rotation. i didn't increase my poundage - just used 5's, 8's and 10's.

i tagged this thread with the Firm 90 Day Rotation.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 08:14 AM  
TinaT

When it comes to the Firm I stick mainly with Anna Benson created Firms. I think it's more of a loyalty thing with me because some of those same instructors went on to make great workouts post Anna B. But I do feel like they are more thorough and absolutely tougher than later Firms.

The Remastered Firms have been chaptered for easy use. I have learned to modify some of the high impact moves, but they're still tough. Enjoy your collection.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:41 AM  
angie_nrs

[QUOTE=TinaT;2907275
For me, it's all the vintage clothes, music etc. It's also the sequencing of the workouts. I burn more calories with the FIRM than any other workout I've done. So that's part of my motivation.

I don't go by a rotation, (never had), I just know to do a cardio based or weighted based every other day.
[/QUOTE]

The more of these workouts I try out, the more I'm falling in love with the sequencing. I always wondered why Cathe always did multiple reps on one side then went directly to the other instead of doing one side, switching to a different move, then coming back and doing the other side to allow for a small time period of recovery before taxing the other side. Don't get me wrong, I love Cathe....but the sequencing in the Firm is what I've been looking for and didn't even know it.

At this point, I have just been going thru and doing these videos to see which ones I like and which ones I don't care for. So far, I'm really liking all of them, but I still have several to try. I did a Pink Cardio Party the other day b/c I was short on time and I really enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. It was really dancy and fun!

I have noticed that I have firmed up and feel like my waist and core is tighter since doing these workouts. I feel worked out, but not spent. They seem easier to me than Cathe, but I am seeing results, which is what I was looking for. I'm thinking it's b/c of the fanny lifter moves and the heavier focus on abs. Plus, I have no dread factor with these since the moves are not over-done. I'm noticing push ups in almost all of the workouts, but there aren't so many that it makes me roll my eyes.

I really didn't have high expectations with these workouts and I really have no idea why. Since my expectations were low, I had nothing to lose by trying them out. I absolutely love it when something totally exceeds expectations since that seems to be a rarity anymore. I'm going to do the Firms exclusively for the next month and see how it goes. I feel like a kid with a new toy!
Old 01-17-21, 09:51 AM  
Carol K

I think you've hit on one of the things that makes the FIRM so appealing to me. You're never doing the same thing for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time. I could never understand why sister prefers to sit on an exercise bike for an hour. She says she doesn't want to think. I love to think. Thinking is fun.

Tags
everything the firm, firm, firm 90 day rotation, firm compendium, firm history, firm rotation, the firm, transfirm your body, zip trainer