Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-20, 02:36 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout + heavy bag bonus.

Gibbee
- Great to see your post. I am sure it will take a while for you to adjust but give yourself time to grieve. I think about you often. I hope you continue to post when you are able to. Hugs to you.

Vannie - Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry you had such a terrible time this year.

Karjoy - I think we're going to hit 64 degrees this Saturday. Our weather is almost as crazy as yours.

Hi to Cher. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 02:46 PM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe BM2 warm-up (just for fun) then XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders first set and “To Fail” set. Today’s workout was Jessica Smith’s 5 Fat Burning Miles warm-up, Turbo Charged Walk and bonus hip segment, then XTrain Burn Sets Biceps 2 sets.

Gibbee - So great to see your post here again! We miss you but ,of course, I understand. I’m so sorry you can’t find Darrell’s cup. I hope it turns up soon. That was so nice of Sherry to send you the package. She is such a sweet heart. Maybe you and DD going on a little trip would be nice just to get away even if it’s only a couple days.

Vannie - I’m sorry it’s been so hard for you this year. I will be a basket case when something happens to my mom. ((Big Hugs to you)).

JBliff - Yes, it was pretty having snow on Christmas other than having to drive home from my sister’s Christmas Eve. It was a bit of an icey drive.

Karen - Stay warm!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:54 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. I took an extra rest day today due to some back and hip pain. I already feel better after doing tons of stretching but I am still glad I rested. Sometimes it’s just the right thing.

We are starting to vaccinate more people in our community so that’s good. But of course people are complaining that it’s taking too long to get an appt and some people are disagreeing with the governor’s decision to vaccinate those over 65
instead of some essential workers like those that work in grocery stores. Oh dear... The vaccine has only been here in Fl for about a week.

We are supposed to have a rainy New Years. I don’t mind—I have a few movies from Netflix.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 07:42 AM  
Cher

Karen - They are still only vaccinating medical workers here.

We are staying home tonight like we’ve done for years.....snacks & drinks and figure out something to watch since regular tv never seems to have much on.
Old 12-31-20, 08:35 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was STS Cardio Circuit Blast + Classical Stretch. I only lasted about 11 minutes before stopping the Classical Stretch workout. It was pretty weird. It was billed as 'waist slenderizing' so I figured it would work as an ab workout. She had some pretty strange, awkward moves that just didn't do it for me.

Cher
- We've gotten some snacks and drinks too. I have a concert recorded that we're going to watch--and hopefully last until midnight.

Karjoy - I was reading about Lee County in Florida where it was first-come first-served COVID vaccinations for older people and it was weird to see people in their 70s and 80s camping out overnight to try to get vaccinated--and they ran out of vaccines by 9:30 a.m. There's got to be a better way!

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Here's hoping for a better 2021!
Old 01-01-21, 02:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy New Year, friends!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 06:49 AM  
Cher

Happy New Year everyone!

I stayed up until 12:15.....then woke up at 4 am and been awake ever since. ((roll eyes))

Workout yesterday was Party Rockin Step #1 warm-up through combo 4, Burn Sets Triceps....2 sets each exercise & Perfect 30 Bonus Stretch.

JBliff - I’ve tried Classical Stretch a few times and never really could get into it.
Old 01-01-21, 11:17 AM  
JBliff

Hi everyone. Happy New Year!

My workout yesterday was a walk in town and 40 minutes on the elliptical.

DH and I stayed up until midnight and finished off a bottle of champagne. It was pretty amazing I was able to stay up since I woke up at 3:20 a.m. yesterday. We slept until 8 a.m. this morning and I feel pretty rested.

Cher
- I'm sorry you were not able to sleep past 4 a.m. I hope you have a relaxing day ahead. I did try another Classical Stretch that I liked. It was something like total body stretching and it didn't have any weird moves.

Karjoy, Gibbee
and Vannie - I hope you had a good New Year's Eve.
Old 01-01-21, 06:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy New Year all! We are having the same rainy weather we had around Christmas. Yesterday DH and I drove to Thomasville Ga, to get take out for something different. There is a pretty famous seafood restaurant there. It’s only about 20 miles from here and we had a nice drive. We ordered ahead of time
and of course wore masks inside to inquire about our order, which luckily was ready. I had almost a mini panic attack in the minute or 2 we waited. Tons of people were dining inside, almost none with masks. We asked for a pickup time of about 5:30 pm and I cannot imagine going there at full blown dinner time. I can’t get over people not taking this seriously.

I bought myself a Firestick and have the Peloton ap installed. That ap is free for 2 months. I did a 30 minute treadmill workout today and really enjoyed it. So nice when it is very hot or cold or raining like today. Yesterday I ran 5 miles outdoors.

Jbliff congratulations on making it to the New Year! Darn you were awake for almost 24 hrs.

Cher and Jbliff I don’t know how ya’ll exercise on little sleep. Bless you both.

As usual, Florida is out of control with vaccinations. We have 40,000 seniors according to our local news, and 6 people at the health department on the phones

making appointments. What could go wrong? People have waited on the phones

for hours for an appt, They have waited over 2 hrs in line in their cars for the shot even with an appt. Apparently developing a vaccine is easier than getting shots to everyone.

I’ve heard the mixed reviews about Classical Stretch and it sounds too weird for me.

Vannie did you have any luscious snacks for New Year’s Eve?

Gibbee hope you and Alex had a peaceful day. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 12:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Just pasting my VF exercise marathon check in. I will be back tmrw!

I didn't sign up for a morning time slot (good thing since I stayed up till 3 this morning!) but I started at 10:48 AM (MN time) and did days 18 and 19 of Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-day challenge, then I did days 1 and 2 of Lucy Wyndham-Read's Fitness Advent calendar (only a month late!) and finished with Fightmaster Yoga -Yoga for Beginners at Home 30-day challenge day 3.

For my 6 PM time slot I started a little late bc our walk got wonky with other dogs out (Cyric is terribly dog reactive) so at 5:10 my time I got started with day 13 of the Crossrope 14-day beginner's challenge (that I started last February! ) and then Lucy's calendar day 4. I was supposed to have started hers earlier in the week to be on day 4 today but never did. I'll do day 3 tmrw. Anyway, it was fun knowing Linda was working out at the same time. If not for this marathon I would not have worked out this evening but doing so afforded me some extra calories! While jumping rope, though, I was so thankful I don't have a weighted rope bc I could not stop tripping no matter how I jumped or what I tried. Very frustrating. Maybe that 3 AM bedtime catching up to me??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote