Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-20, 11:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Don't you know you're supposed to tell us how AWFUL the unattainable DVD is, so that we can feel better about not being able to use it! Surely that's an unspoken VFer Rule.
i understand. there was a time when i owned a Region 2 disc without owning a multi-region player, for many years at that. it was Karen Voight/Elle MacPherson's Your Personal Best.

however, i was able to convert one of my portable DVD players to a region-free player (a VFer gave us info on how to do this). this worked for several years, and then i bought a used region-free player that you hook up to your TV on craigslist. it was in perfect condition.

after that, i was able to enjoy a lot of region 2 and 4 DVDs - found many of them at really reasonable prices on Amazon USA and Ebay USA.

it's true you can find many workouts on youtube, but there's no guarantee the video will be available forever.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 01:30 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
So is 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat (Bowen) only available as region 2? That one sounds really good -- I can't even find it as streaming, which stinks.
It is really good. The DVD player on my computer (an oldie but still functioning) will play any region and I can also use it to convert to different formats.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 01:54 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Bummer! The descriptions in the reviews section sound great! I was hoping I could get it digitally but no luck.
I found a couple of quick clips, but the second one is in German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV4NnPyTqgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNTnRlIhizg&t=6s

I had purchased this a few weeks ago. I must look if it is region 2.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 02:22 PM  
katalina

Quote:
So is 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat (Bowen) only available as region 2? That one sounds really good -- I can't even find it as streaming, which stinks.
It is really good. Did you check Amazon? That's where I bought mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 03:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
It is really good. Did you check Amazon? That's where I bought mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
But that's Blast off BELLY Fat -- that was released in the US. (10 MS got tricky with the names there!)

I'll have to see if my computer will play region 2...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 03:29 PM  
katalina

Quote:
But that's Blast off BELLY Fat -- that was released in the US. (10 MS got tricky with the names there!)

I'll have to see if my computer will play region 2...
Sorry. I guess I was reading too fast... G'luck!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 03:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Sorry. I guess I was reading too fast... G'luck!
Thanks anyway! And Amazon tells me I bought the Belly DVD in 2012, lol, but I have no recollection of it.
Old 06-14-20, 05:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

recap:
  1. Blast off Belly Fat, 2007, Suzanne leads 5 segments, Suzanne on cover wearing blue outfit
  2. *Blast off Body Fat, 2008, Suzanne leads 5 segments, Suzanne on cover wearing red outfit; has a ^bonus disc with 5 segments, led by Lara (2), Cindy, Keli, and Suzanne
  3. ^Best Belly Blasters, 2011, 6 segments led by Suzanne, (Suzanne on cover wearing red outfit, confusing this with the other compilation disc), Jessica Smith (2), Jenn Galardi, Amy Bento, Lara Hudson.

*both discs are Region 2
^each compilation disk has different content than the other one

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-14-20, 05:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
recap:
  1. Blast off Belly Fat, 2007, Suzanne leads 5 segments, Suzanne on cover wearing blue outfit
  2. *Blast off Body Fat, 2008, Suzanne leads 5 segments, Suzanne on cover wearing red outfit; has a ^bonus disc with 5 segments, led by Lara (2), Cindy, Keli, and Suzanne
  3. ^Best Belly Blasters, 2011, 6 segments led by Suzanne, (Suzanne on cover wearing red outfit, confusing this with the other compilation disc), Jessica Smith (2), Jenn Galardi, Amy Bento, Lara Hudson.

*both discs are Region 2
^each compilation disk has different content than the other one
Yeah, that's not confusing at all, lol. That may be worse than all the Jari Love DVDs with similar titles!
Old 06-14-20, 05:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that's not confusing at all, lol. That may be worse than all the Jari Love DVDs with similar titles!
what's needed is a 4th disc called Best Body Blasters, with Suzanne wearing a Blue outfit.

tooting my own horn - i am seeking 10MS Yoga for Beginners by Angie Stewart it's on my wish list - see Exchange Forum.

Tags
10 minute solution, 10ms, 10ms rotation, cindy whitmarsh, non-region 1 dvds, videohelp.com