Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-15, 04:02 PM  
calendria

exercise while tired

do you guys still exercise when you're tired? is it still affective? i'm almost paranoid it won't work my muscles properly if I"m tired.

would love to know other peoples intake on this.
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 04:10 PM  
andtckrtoo

If I didn't get a good night's sleep, I find a round of exercise can really help wake me up and get the blood pumping. I guess a lot also depends on how intricate your workouts are. I probably wouldn't attempt a complex step workout or saw STS or Beast when tired, but I find something that combines cardio and weights to be a good waker-upper - so-to-speak.
Old 06-26-15, 04:26 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

If I'm scheduled to work out that day, I usually try to do something. I can tell during the warmup if the workout will energize me or not. If I'm half a beat behind and mind-foggy during the warmup, I'll quit and take a rest day.
Old 06-26-15, 04:33 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm always tired (Hashi's hypo thyroid). I'm in a bit of a bad loop right now. Getting in a good walk and some CS helps me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 04:34 PM  
cmarsh4

I exercise at 4:30 AM so I am tired a lot of the time when I first start. I will kind of start out slow during the warm up but usually by the time the workout starts I am ready to go and always glad afterwards that I did it. If I am extremely exhausted I will do a kinder, gentler workout like Pilates or a 20 minute upper body.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 04:43 PM  
calendria

ok. thank you Ladies. I deeply appreciate it. I will have to try out some of these thanx
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 04:54 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I do exercise when I'm tired for the most part, but I don't do intense step routines. I once injured my calf while stepping while I was tired. I am pretty safe on the floor. So, my 2 cents is to be careful about not hurting yourself.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 07:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have workouts that I go to when I'm tired - either more beginner or lighter weight or simpler choreography. I find that exercising when tired, but not totally exhausted, will give me a boost.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 07:19 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I have workouts that I go to when I'm tired - either more beginner or lighter weight or simpler choreography. I find that exercising when tired, but not totally exhausted, will give me a boost.
This! Work has me pretty tired lately. I'm in the middle of STS, so I've been taking the strength work as hard as I can, while balancing out my cardio to be more intermediate or in some cases beginner. However, if I'm just dog tired, as in I wouldn't notice if my house was on fire tired, I'm just going to sleep. Yesterday, I slept. Today, two STS workouts. So I'm good
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 07:58 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
This is what I do.

Another sort of fatigue can be CAUSED by working out, at least for me.

The other week, I did Jari Love's Original Get Ripped, and I used heavier weights than usual, and the day after I was more tired than usual. I'm assuming I over did it a bit. Wound up taking a few days off before resuming a more moderate approach.

Tags
exercising when tired