Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-23, 10:11 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Cathe STS2 total body workouts

I have to say, I am just loving these. I don't know that I am at all interested in a total hour on upper body alone or lower body alone, and I'm definitely not interested in single body parts. I AM NOT MADE OF TIME.

But the total bodies are fab! Super Sets has a "two sets only" premix that clocks in at 40 minutes or so. I do it more often than the whole workout. I'd rather do two sets with heavier weights than three with lighter weights. Trisets likewise has a shorter premix of about 40m if you don't want to do the full hour. And I love the unilateral set in the middle! Giant sets is excellent as well, I rarely shorten it, but I have to take breaks because I get pretty breathy, so it takes me about 65 minutes to do the whole thing. I am a little slow.

I love the pace of these, the straightforwardness, no weird moves or combo moves, just very focused stuff.

Anybody else using STS2, whether as prescribed or not? I have done the mobility workouts and I like them both. Haven't done any of the stretching yet.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-23, 10:36 PM  
bubbles76

I'm doing STS 2.0 mostly as prescribed . I sometimes add cardio on top of my mobility days or move my mobility days onto a Sunday if it lands on a Saturday.
I'm doing the 12 week rotation. I took two weeks off because I went on vacation, but restarted the last week I originally started (trip started Wednesday and I was three days into that week, so just started over). The only total body I truly loved was Giant Sets. The others were just okay for me. But maybe they will grow on me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-23, 08:23 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I am loving these too! I thought for variety I would try her Total Body Giant Set from Strong and Sweaty. Yikes! It seemed so fast paced and too many reps. I’m sticking to the newer ones.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-23, 10:30 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I’m doing my version of the 8 week rotation.

(3) weeks Total body workouts
(3) weeks Upper/Lower body workouts
(2) weeks Body part workouts (week 1 - five day split - week 2 - three day split using premixes)

I’m in week six now. I really enjoyed the total body workouts too! It took a week to figure out the weights I needed but after that it was great.

My favorite of the splits so far are the lower body workouts. I like the rests/reps because I can go heavier (for me). I don’t feel rushed or breathless trying to keep up. The upper body splits are also very good but use the bands more (but I may do the dumbbell or barbell substitutions this week for a change up).

STS 2.0 is my favorite Cathe set to date. It’s so versatile in the options she provides that it can be different every time you do it. Love it!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-23, 11:02 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm doing the 90 day rotation (have another two weeks to finish) and have loved all of the workouts. The Total Body workouts were great because they got the HR up a bit more. I also really liked both Upper and Lower Body workouts, as well. Into the rotation, I also enjoyed the Individual Body Parts but thought I would not like them, as much. If you have a certain area you want to give special attention to, they're also great! I purchased Dip Bars for this rotation and have been able to use them during the Back & Triceps workouts, increasing the challenge. Cathe may use these in another (Upper Body?), but I'm forgetting now. I will say that in a 12 week rotation, the parts workouts get to be a bit much, so I've slowed the frequency down when they come up on the schedule now doing at least three per week. I followed the rotation, as specified (to a T) until about halfway into, always doing the full workouts. I began adding more yoga (other than Cathe's) but did like what she'd also created with regard to mobility, stretching, recovery workouts. I just recently did one of the body part premixes (shortening the workout) only because I was going on very little sleep that day. Overall a fabulous program...and I'm seeing results! Stronger than when I began, and more definition and muscle where there was none before! Everything is toned and tightened. A big win for the investment in time!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-23, 04:25 PM  
warriorprincess

I am a big fan of this entire set! I particularly like the body parts though. It's very unique to have a workout aimed at one muscle group. My second favorite would be the upper and lower body splits, because I like to have a rest period after each set. Giant Sets is nice, but geez that's a long time to lift without a rest period.

I love the dip bars. And I had to get a 35 lb pair of dumbbells because I am getting so strong. The body parts for biceps and triceps pumped up my arms so much I felt like a 64-year-old beast! I never thought I'd be able to do an entire workout for biceps, but here I am. The band around the arms for pushups makes a huge difference. I did love all the different options. I got to pull out almost all of my bands, loops, partial plates, you name it.

The Total Body Stretch felt perfect after all of these workouts. It's nice when you have time to calm down your system after an intense workout, and the moves felt tailor made for this. I did enjoy the Mobility's, Mat Yoga, and Ab routines, but the Total Body Stretch is something I'll be doing regularly after workouts. I like the way the first half focuses on the upper body before getting into the leg stretches.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-23, 07:48 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I did my first body part workout, Chest. It was overkill. Next time I will try a premix.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-23, 11:24 AM  
nhope

I really love the total body workouts as well. This is the first time I’ve actually gotten stronger doing a program. My only pet peeve is that the camera focuses on Jenn A way too much. She has impeccable form but she mugs for the camera which is distracting.
nhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-23, 06:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I did my first body part workout, Chest. It was overkill. Next time I will try a premix.

Patrice
I just did the Chest Premix today and it was very good. You won't feel like you over did anything. The nice thing with the premixes is you can still add more, if you want. For example, repeating an exercise (or set) you particularly liked or want to give more attention to. You feel good when you're done without pushing too hard. I also liked the Bonus material.

In the future, this is how I will keep using these workouts. Unless I do another 90 day rotation with the intention of purposely getting stronger and building muscle.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe sts 2.0, cathe total body workouts, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews