Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-14, 04:52 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I received this as well. I'm sure BB has something to do with it, along with anyone else selling "systems". So much for the consumer trying to re-coop some of our money if we don't like it, etc.
I don't think this is really BeachBody because you already cannot sell any Beachbody products on Amazon. This has been in effect for a while. I went to sell TurboFire last Spring and they would not let me list it.

I think it really is about counterfeits. Amazon probably ends up having to deal with lots of complaints, and this is their sledgehammer way to deal with it.

This is another reason to go towards downloads. They can't be sold or traded anyway, but at least they don't take up space if you can't get rid of them.
Old 09-21-14, 10:22 AM  
TinaT

Well, not sure about anyone else.. but I listed anything and everything I don't use out of my fitness dvd collection to see if I can sell most of it before November 16th.

I feel like the basic/normal consumer really is taking a hit with this new policy. Too bad a few bad apples spoiled it for the rest of us.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 04:34 AM  
antbuko

Maybe this policy will revive the Ya Ya's forum. At least you can sell there without fees and restrictions. I know people have had issues with viruses on yuku but I kind of miss the old Ya Ya board from when it was really active.
Old 10-02-14, 05:24 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm confused about why this is a problem. Maybe I misread the email, but you just have to apply to be an approved seller, right? Or, does something in the requirements make it impossible for people like us ro get approved?

ETA: i read it again. Is it because we have to provide invoices to show what we initially paid for the DVDs? I usually sell mine for less than I paid for them, but I'd have to save every invoice in case I someday decided to sell. And what about supply and demand? If your DVD is in demand, you should be able to charge what someone would pay (the $100+ each I paid for Cardio Step Mix and Ballroom Aerobics come to mind).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 05:37 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I'm confused about why this is a problem. Maybe I misread the email, but you just have to apply to be an approved seller, right? Or, does something in the requirements make it impossible for people like us ro get approved?

ETA: i read it again. Is it because we have to provide invoices to show what we initially paid for the DVDs? I usually sell mine for less than I paid for them, but I'd have to save every invoice in case I someday decided to sell. And what about supply and demand? If your DVD is in demand, you should be able to charge what someone would pay (the $100+ each I paid for Cardio Step Mix and Ballroom Aerobics come to mind).
That is part of the problem, but the real problem is this:

Quote:
Please note the following before submitting the preliminary application below:

The application process will be in two phases: 1) the preliminary application (below) and 2) a follow-up application where you will need to provide specific information around the sourcing of your inventory (see full list of required information below).
If you are approved to sell in this category, you will need to upgrade to a Professional selling plan with a monthly subscription fee of $39.99/month.
Your account performance metrics must meet the minimum requirements (your current metrics are available in the Performance section of your seller account):
You must have an Order-Defect Rate (ODR) of 1% or less
You must have a Cancellation Rate of 2.5% or less
You must have a Late Shipment Rate of 4% or less
If your account is blocked or suspended at any time, you will not be able to sell these products until the block or suspension is removed.
Old 10-02-14, 05:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Whoa! 40 bucks a month to sell a DVD every once in a while?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 06:08 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

What a pain...although it's rare that I have listed a DVD over $25 anyway. And the few I have to sell now I would not price that high anyway. Good thing I sold all my pricey DVDs when I did!

I don't sell as much as I used to but here and there. This is a good initiative to list the few I have to sell and really be more selective of what I buy going forward, which I kind of already am doing.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 06:35 PM  
kmissa

Facebook

Facebook is a great alternative. I was able to sell some dvd's and some of my Lululemon gear just from being in certain groups. I know not everyone is a fan of facebook, but it helps avoid fees and all that nonsense. As always, be cautious b/c Paypal tends to favor buyers.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 07:27 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
Facebook is a great alternative. I was able to sell some dvd's and some of my Lululemon gear just from being in certain groups. I know not everyone is a fan of facebook, but it helps avoid fees and all that nonsense. As always, be cautious b/c Paypal tends to favor buyers.
Can you tell me which groups? Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 07:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess I'm kind of confused. I don't sell anything but I have bought soooo many of my workouts (and at least half of my Beachbody sets) from the Amazon marketplace. Are you sellers still able to list things without applying to be a seller if the item is under $25? So we will still be able to buy used workouts there?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootlegs, selling on amazon