Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-20, 09:38 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *December* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the December 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:41 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 12/1 - 9294 steps/3.93 miles

I'm at the condo this week with DD. We drove up on Monday with the dogs.
Old 12-03-20, 06:01 AM  
dbclark44

Hello ladies. I am so happy to see our small group is hanging in there and our families are healthy and well.

November was a wash for workouts. Did even worse than October workout days wise.

My sister came for 2 weeks 18 Nov and just left yesterday. She flew in to St Louis from Dulles DC. She lives in Maryland. We went up one weekend while she was here and spent it with my son and family. She also has a grand daughter who lives there she hasn't seen in 17 years when her son and wife divorced. It was a bitter divorce and the ex walked away from any contact with his side of the family. My sister is at fault too. She did absolutely nothing to stay in touch with her grand daughter. We met at the park and walked a bit but it was cold so the visit was short. I'm hoping better relations going forward. Hope eternal. She is family after all. My grand daughters went with us so they could meet their cousin.

My son doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, so we went up the weekend before and came back on Monday. My sister, Dh, and I had a lovely Thanksgiving together.

Take care ladies. Happy December.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:51 AM  
dbclark44

Fri 12/4 - TM 42 min/2 miles; Slim & Limber

Hello Ladies. Yesterday I went bowling, which we are still doing with restrictions. Last week they said we had to keep the masks on at all times even when bowling. Yesterday they said we didn't have to keep it on down in the pit area. I decided to keep mine on the whole time, it being after Thanksgiving and all. And let's face it, we don't know where these people have been or who they've been around. Ten minutes into bowling, one of the girls bowling gets a phone call and got notified the COVID test she took Thursday (we bowl Friday) was positive and she needed to leave and immediately quarantine herself. So I'm self-quarantining for 10 days due to my confirmed exposure to someone with COVID. I say confirmed because with this asymptomatic type, we all could have been exposed at one time or another and have no earthly clue. Thank goodness my husband and I are fanatical about keeping food in the house, we have enough to last through the weekend. They say symptoms will start showing within 48 hours, so I figure by Monday, we'll be good to make essential store runs. And since I was the one exposed, I wear my mask when I move around the house and around DH.

We are all so pissed with that woman to put us all at risk like that. And since I am basically under a shelter in place my workouts should be spot on, after all what else but cook clean eat watch TV read listen to music talk or facetime on the phone etc...

I got yesterday's workout in before leaving for bowling.

Nice here today with sunshine and 50+ degree temps. Chilly morning though in the 30s. Wouldn't be bad walking out there with a mask on.

Have a great day ladies.

Old 12-05-20, 08:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I lost my sense of taste on Monday, and was awake all night with a killer headache. Still had the headache on Wednesday, so I had a rapid covid test done. It was negative and my taste came back, so I'm monitoring for symptoms, staying 6 feet away from people and meticulously wearing a mask (which I always did at work). I still don't feel great.
I'm getting on the treadmill tonight finally.
Deb, I'm glad your sister reconnected with her granddaughter. I hope you weren't exposed enough to catch covid.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 10:09 AM  
dbclark44

Sat 12/5 - TM 43 min/2 miles; Cathe P30 9-min Core workout; Cathe Chair Stretch

Chrys, hope you feel better soon. Man, the times we're living in.

Day 3 of my self-quarantine is going well. Actually cleaned and rearranged my Lazy Susans in the kitchen. I honestly don't remember the last time I cleaned them. I made some room to move my crockpots off the counter (I have 2, large and small) and put them out of sight in the Lazy Susans. Did that before 7 AM, I was up at 5. I plan to vacuum eat and go do some weights. Been a minute since I've lifted. Cathe's Dec rotation is doing Fit Split Push Pull days. I haven't done much with the Fit Split series so I may spend some time with it this week. I like picking and choosing workouts from her monthly rotations. And I love all access to her workouts with my OnDemand membership. It is worth it if you use it.

I bought a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer/Grill. And it takes up counter space. Too bulky to put under the cabinets. So getting the crockpots out of the way freed up space. I detest a cluttered counter top. I love clear spaces. We love the air fryer. DH especially. He loves whipping up chicken wings and fries without much mess. And so much more healthy.

So no workout yesterday but will get something in today. Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 12-08-20, 12:41 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 12/2 - 3979 steps/1.68 miles
Thursday, 12/3 - 3700 steps/1.57 miles
Friday, 12/4 - 6904 steps/2.92 miles
Saturday, 12/5 - 4733 steps/2 miles
Sunday, 12/6 - 5652 steps/2.39 miles
Monday, 12/7 - 8869 steps/3.75 miles

We did a little shopping around town on Tuesday. DD had to work Wednesday, so I hung out at the condo with the dogs and watched Schitt's Creek on Netflix. After she got off work we went to the Holiday Bazaar for a little while and went back on Thursday. Friday she helped at the MSU Horticulture Club Poinsettia sale. We went the Community Market on Saturday morning and then put the Christmas tree up at the condo. We drove home on Sunday. We'll be going back to the condo this weekend so she can go to the MSU/Auburn game.

Yesterday we ran a couple of errands and went to the grocery store. We'll probably put the Christmas tree up here today.

Chrys - I hope you're feeling better.

Deb - I hope you don't end up getting sick. Why did she come bowling if she was waiting on results from a Covid test? I would be pissed too. I'm glad your sister was able to reconnect with her granddaughter.

Hi, Leslie!
Old 12-11-20, 08:13 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 12/8 - 5425 steps/2.3 miles
Wednesday, 12/9 - 5244 steps/2.22 miles
Thursday, 12/10 - 7787 steps/3.3 miles

DD & I drove back up the condo today so she can go to the Auburn/MSU game tomorrow night. DH ended up having to work today after all so he's staying home with the dogs this weekend. We'll go home on Sunday.
Old 12-13-20, 09:42 PM  
cdayley

Whew, last week was terrible. Had a more sensitive covid test due to coughing, which was negative. Am on a more powerful antibiotic and steroids again. The sinuses above my eyes were super infected. I feel so much better now. I feel much better - I'm even getting some of my steps in again. It's high stress and sadness time at school - we are doing the penny drive service project to provide presents (mostly needs) for our students and families who would be without otherwise. It's a high needs year
Sissy, safe travels back home.
Deb, I'm hoping to clean out some of my cupboards over the holiday break. They are full of clutter!

Chrys Dayley
Old 12-20-20, 09:54 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I did a walk, and I will do one today. Wed through Fri I got more than 10,000 steps at work. I was shopping for school families, helping arrange Christmas boxes, and running around most of those days! We do a service project where we get donations and provide Christmas for our students and their families who wouldn't have it otherwise.
It's nice to be at a slower pace now. Yesterday I just did laundry and puttered around the house. I have to take care of a few more loose ends for families tomorrow and Tues.

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers