Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-06-20, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I got out for a walk w/ my Golden and DD.

Today, so far, has been:

Trifecta Pilates - Connection Workout - this was a long one - 50 minutes - but when I'm in the mood to do the longer Pilates workouts on the Trifecta site, I do find that I enjoy them. Beth is very thorough in her instruction and the pace tends to be slower so I can better work on form.

Today's workout on Pahla's schedule was core work - and I figured the Trifecta was a good substitute. Probably going back to Pahla tomorrow. I'm finding that her workouts seem ok for me to do so long as I don't go crazy w/ add ons and that I include my own stretching before and after.

Carol - That is probably a good idea for DS to get tested. Hopefully it is just sinus trouble.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 09:43 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Gina B Total Body Circuit 2 DVD - WU, UB, CD and Standing Abs - 45min
ePilates Glute Stretches - Sciatica and Back Pain Relief - 20min

I was actually planning to do LITE Metabolic Blast, but somehow between midnight when I went to bed with a perfectly good back and 6am when I woke up, I developed a slight back pain. I didn't want to do anything that has forward bends, windmills etc. so I settled on Gina B's Circuit Walk 2 with upper body strength. Emma's glute stretches were really good and my back feels better.

Carol, I hope your DS feels better. I agree that having him test for covid is probably a good idea. Covid is rampant in our area too. Second phase is here and this pandemic seems to follow the same course as the 1918 influenza did. So ready to get this over with.

Waves to Linda, Donna, Cheri, Brenda and Christine!
Old 11-07-20, 09:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me yesterday - I didn't get home until almost 6 and I just wasn't in the mood to do anything. Hopefully today my attitude will improve.

Thanks for asking about DS. He has not gotten tested - it just seems like sinus trouble with lots of congestion and drainage. I hope that's all it is. No fever. I've been hearing that CoVid can present like that though. I had some amoxicillin at home that I hadn't used and I think he's going to start that today to see if it helps. If it doesn't then I think he will have to get tested. We are basically keeping our distance and wearing masks around each other.

Dana - Good workout choices! And yes, this seems a lot like the 1918 pandemic and I am so ready for it to be over as well. Over 2,700 new cases here in the last 5 days and many deaths.

Donna - Good for you with the walk and the long pilates routine. I have a hard time doing a pilates workout that lasts more than 20 or 30 minutes. I get bored, I think.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 10:22 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol it's unfortunate that even sinus trouble had people alarmed. My husband's work is moving towards having even those who have sinus issues quarantine. Makes for unreliable work force. I hope your son gets better soon!

Donna if I do a long pilates routine I can't even make myself do anything else, lol. I feel real accomplished when I do but I have a hard time motivating myself to do more than 20 minutes. I know it makes no sense since much of my other exercise takes longer than that.

Dana I am watching my body this week too.

I have been doing lots of outdoor work, yard/garden maintenance and painting siding. Stuff was looking neglected and sad again. But this old bod tends to get twangy. Formal workouts and evenings are all about soothing movement and foam rolling this week. Jill Miller Yoga Tune up is fitting the bill. Even my husband is on board for this.

Waves to Brenda and Cheri !

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 01:41 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Pahla B - Moderate Weights - Day 4 of Body Shaping Challenge
Jessica Valent Pilates - Advanced Pilates Workout*

*I was a bit scared of this one - b/c of "advanced" being in the title but it was definitely do-able and no real crazy moves in it!

After that DD and I took a walk. I may take a second walk w/ my Golden. The weather is perfect for outdoor activities today.

Dana - nice workout, it was good to chose something else if your back was a bit iffy....no sense risking injury.

Carol - glad your DS is doing better.

Linda - I wonder if it is b/c for a long Pilates routine you need to focus so much?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-07-20, 09:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Cathe - High Step Training - 45 minutes

I used a much lower "high" step than Cathe and company, but I was still a sweaty mess at the end.

Linda - I know that we are having more and more folks who are diagnosed with CoVid when they think they just have sinus issues. This whole thing makes for an unreliable work force. It's hard to find subs and most of our regular subs are older (and don't want to be in the classroom these days).

Donna - Nice job! We had a lot of wind today, so there were no outdoor activities for us.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Let's Run Podcast 20 min episode on core strength. I didn't run or walk when I did this - I dug out my recumbent exercise bike and rode along while listening to Pahla. She did intervals of 3:1 - - she ran for three min walked for one min - I did lower resistance on my bike for 3 min, higher resistance for one min.

Trifecta Pilates - Reset Roller Routine - a Pilates workout using the foam roller as a prop. I used the roller for some, but not all of the exercises, certain exercises laying on the roller tends to irritate my SI joint.

My DD is in a horse show today (local) so I will go watch her do that and hopefully squeeze in a dog walk later and maybe some yoga, too.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 11-08-20, 11:16 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

LITE Metabolic Blast - 40min. I prefer this metabolic workout over ICE Metabolic Total Body. Warmup felt like a real warmup and not like I was jumping straight into the workout. The moves flowed better, the music was better and the workout itself felt intermediate to me rather than low advanced. I liked it!

Jessica Valant Intermediate Mat workout - 20min off the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzT-FZ45i0 This was a great workout and I like Jessica's confident, straight to the point instructions. Her PT background really comes through.

Donna, how is Jessica's monthly schedule set up? How many days per week? What is the average length of her daily workouts? I've been on her mailing list forever but I've never subscribed. If I recall correctly, she did offer specials once of twice per year. I'll keep an eye on it because I liked her instructions.

Another warm and sunny day here. Ugh.....

Waves to all!
Old 11-08-20, 11:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Dana - Jessica's set up is this:

Sunday - Rest (nothing scheduled on the workout calendar)

Monday - Steady State Cardio (nothing scheduled on the workout calendar)

Tuesday - Arms & More (workout scheduled for the day - typically 20-30 min)

Wed - HIIT (she alternates each week of scheduling a workout - typically 20-30 min - with instructing you to do your own HIIT workout)

Thursday - Active Rest day (Typical instructions are a walk and a short stretch routine - 20 min or so)

Friday - Legs and More (workout scheduled for the day - typically 20-30 min)

Saturday - Steady State (nothing scheduled on the calendar)

So - in short - she only "schedules" one of her workouts on Tuesday, Alternate Wednesdays, Thursday, and Friday. The workout time for her workouts is generally in the 20-30 min timeframe. Sometimes she will string together a few workouts in one session. Once in awhile, she'll post something longer, but for the most part you can get it all done in no more than 30 min.

I find it easy to fit in to whatever I am doing and I appreciate her PT background. She has a few workouts that are rehab in nature.

And, LOL on the sunny days. It has recently occurred to me that my sleeping has improved since the days have grown shorter and the sun is not so strong. I wonder now if my insomnia is due to the long daylight hours in the summer. I'm going to keep track of this - it is interesting!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-08-20, 12:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna, thank you! I appreciate it.

So basically, she has a workout scheduled 3 times per week and on the other days you follow her format and either pick any of your own workouts or one from her library that also fits the format? Should be easy to fit in because I am trying to do 3 strength workouts per week - UB, LB and Total Body. I may give her a try if she has a special at the end of the year. Thanks again!