Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-20, 04:55 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

CS question - Season 10

were the discs ever released on DVD-R (purple back)?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 07:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
were the discs ever released on DVD-R (purple back)?
No. I do remember a Groupon or Living Social deal a few years back that turned out to be bootleg copies of Classical Stretch.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 07:18 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jeannine did you buy from eBay?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 11:37 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
No. I do remember a Groupon or Living Social deal a few years back that turned out to be bootleg copies of Classical Stretch.
**i recall that, which prompted my question. aw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Jeannine did you buy from eBay?
yes - i requested a return label and refund just now.

grateful for VF that is a record of data/archives.

**EDITED TO ADD: the original threads about that scandal were in the Bargain Watch forum but got purged. Groupon and Bonanza apparently sold the CS bootlegs.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-18-20, 05:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

update: i got a full refund.

just curious - do you leave negative feedback? i got a full refund without incident. when i applied for the refund, i checked off the choice for "doesn't seem authentic" as the reason. seller didn't ask for the discs back, which is good because i wouldn't want them to continue trying to sell this to someone else.

Old 08-20-20, 10:00 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm so sorry this happened but glad things have ended okay for you.

Guess I'd forgotten there were fakes out there.
Old 08-20-20, 05:10 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
update: i got a full refund.

just curious - do you leave negative feedback? i got a full refund without incident. when i applied for the refund, i checked off the choice for "doesn't seem authentic" as the reason. seller didn't ask for the discs back, which is good because i wouldn't want them to continue trying to sell this to someone else.
I don't think I would leave negative feedback because she may not have known they weren't legit. Except -- if you look at her feedback and see a lot of comments from others about them not being legit, then you know she has a history and is probably well aware. If that's the case, I would leave negative feedback.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 01:35 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
I don't think I would leave negative feedback because she may not have known they weren't legit. Except -- if you look at her feedback and see a lot of comments from others about them not being legit, then you know she has a history and is probably well aware. If that's the case, I would leave negative feedback.
there were 2 negative feedback ratings - of note was someone bought Season 12 and said one of the discs wouldn't play. the seller sent a replacement. the other negative rating was regarding a defective disc for the Outlander drama series.

Thanks Annie for the advice. This seller has not left me any feedback - probably wondering what i might do. i'll just let the feedback period lapse.

i agree - the seller might not know, and by the same token, some buyers might not even know it could be a bootleg! these CS seasons are being listed as "new, sealed". hopefully if ebay tracks "doesn't seem authentic" complaints, they'll call out the seller.

Old 11-29-20, 10:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Bzar..are these bootlegs still on sale on ebay?
I suspect they are (based on some listings I saw)

Was wondering what kind of feedback the seller left you, too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 11:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Was wondering what kind of feedback the seller left you, too.
neither of us left any feedback for each other, which is find with me. i received 100% of my payment back - that's all i wanted.

EDITED TO ADD: i sent an email to CS customer service for their information.

Tags
bootleg, classical stretch, classical stretch dvd-r, season 10