Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-20, 10:08 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie 2 Miracle Miles - 30min
JV 10 Min Quick Core - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXAUmMprEkc
JV 10 Min Legs and Hips - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_rNh1_MYIg

It was one of these morning when I couldn't get into anything. I started with Gina B's new Retro 80's Dance workout and wasn't feeling it and when the ad kicked in after the first 8 minutes, I felt so irritated that I just stopped and had moved on to Leslie's MM DVD. Youtube is getting more aggressive here with the ads and is pushing paid subscription.

Carol, being diagnosed with something can definitely motivate one to make better decisions for one's health. I haven't been to a doctor (except my gyno and I paid out of pocket) in well over 2 years because I had no health insurance. I'm finally getting health insurance starting tomorrow Dec 1st (yippee!) and I'm looking forward to scheduling some appointments for a complete physical. I'm apprehensive about what I'm going to find out because I'm about 35 lbs overweight. I'm active but lack motivation to do anything about my weight. I fear I may just hear something that I don't like which will force me to get my motivation back in a hurry - at best.

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves to all!
Old 11-30-20, 10:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Running a bit off schedule today - I guess getting back to the routine after the holiday has thrown me off!

Yesterday, DD and I did our long walk. Hoping to keep that up through the winter....especially w/ COVID....it is good for us both to get out on the weekends....

Yesterday evening I did Yoga w/ Adriene - Anchor in Hope practice, which was a short and sweet one.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - 25 Min Dumbbell Workout for Women Over 50 - pretty standard Pahla stuff in this one - not a bad thing. I like the way she can get it done in a short amount of time!

Blessful Body - Hip Strength & Mobility - a nice one to do, particularly after our walk yesterday.

Rainy and dreary here today.

I did succumb and I signed up for Blessful Body - it was $1 for 21 days. I'll see if I renew at the end of the time. I do enjoy her stuff - it is gentle and a fusion of Pilates and Yoga. Very low on the dread factor.

Dana - Well said about the membership sites. I also struggled this morning to settle on a workout. I ended up w/ Blessful Body for $1 b/c Smritri's workout link for today was wrong. It was the one I did yesterday.

Carol - that is great that you took action on your health, I know plenty of people who get a bad health report and still don't change their habits.

I do need to do better w/ the diet/nutrition stuff. Working out, I can do, the other stuff....just a struggle. It is somewhat worse w/ working from home...I have access to food all day and even though I *should* have more time to meal prep, I don't take advantage of it. Something to work on, but you really need to want it....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 07:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness - Warm Up, Lower Body Band Target & Booty 2 - 30 minutes total

The Lower Body Band Target was a new to me workout and reminded me a lot of Pilates by Lisa's lower body stuff, except it wasn't quite as grueling (and it wasn't filmed outside in a beautiful place). After I finished the second segment (Booty 2), I felt like my legs were going to fall off. I intended to add on a Pilates Nest workout, but couldn't log in last night on my iPad. I could on my laptop, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Dana - Celebrating with you today as you officially have health insurance! Honestly, that's something that I take for granted, but I shouldn't. Good luck as you brave going to the doctor once more. Yes, it can be a motivator - and my doctor was very positive that I could make the changes I needed to (way more positive about it than I was, in the beginning). Hopefully your doctor will be encouraging as well. Yes, I figure YouTube, as we've known it for years, is going to disappear as they move to a subscription only model for most of their content. I remember hearing Pahla B say that her son had to go through every single one of her videos to remove the monetization feature this summer.

Donna - Nice job with your walks and workouts! I'm like you - the working out part is the easiest part; diet is harder. And being home all day long with ready access to food is even more challenging. Plus it's harder to set work boundaries when you are working from home, so the fact that you have more time for meal prep, in theory, doesn't translate into actual meal prep time. Sorry about Smriti's link not working - that seems to happen with her - she needs a "proof reader". She will fix it if you email her about it though.

Waves ~ onward to December!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Fun & Sweaty 25 Min Power Walk for Women Over 50 - just what it sounds like from Pahla! Walking interspersed w/ various cardio moves.

Blessful Body - Posture Party

Jessica Valent - PT for Herniated Discs - I don't have one, that I'm aware of, but this contained some good back strengthening and stabilizing exercises.

Nice work, Carol!

Hope everyone has a good day - a bit chilly today after some warm temps over the weekend....

Take care,

Donna
Old 12-02-20, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

Lucy Wyndham Read posted an Advent Challenge:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-advent-calendar/

and, I think I'm going to focus on that leading up until Christmas. With my Pilates, Yoga and whatever else I feel like adding in.

So, last night I did the Winter Wonderland workout which was cute - 11 moves or so w/ 11 different winter backdrops.

Today was day 2 and was a longer workout - 30 min - 20 moves. Her stuff is extremely basic and easy to follow. It reminds me a bit of Slim in 6, Slim Series as it is high rep, mainly body weight - in fact, it may be all body weight - I don't know if she has any weight workouts - it is cardio/tone for the most part. The sets are not all that exciting and there is no music, so those are the downsides. Of course, you could play your own music as everything is pretty easy to follow and you don't even really need to listen to her cues.

I finished w/ Pilates Next - 5 day challenge - Day 5 -

I hope to be able to get out for a walk. I'm feeling a bit down today - I think in part b/c I have been in the house since we got back from walking on Sunday - and it is now getting into the dark and dreary days...and also in part, b/c I'm concerned about the pending purchase of my daughter's horse. Did you ever get the feeling you were about to be completely taken advantage of? That is how I'm feeling right now. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't going to affect my daughter - hopefully I'm just misinterpreting some signals, but suffice it to say, I wish if this was a no-go from the beginning that they would have been honest w/ us. My daughter is very attached to this horse which makes it more emotional - in fact, he has essentially been her emotional support during this pandemic and high school. On the one hand, I say, if it doesn't work out it may be a blessing in disguise, but I also know my daughter will be devastated. it is not good to be negotiating a business deal w/ high emotions....and as a mom, it is hard for me not to be emotionally invested in the outcome. Anyway - I know that whatever will be will be and we'll get through it somehow. And, maybe it will all work itself out.

Sorry to ramble!

I have a class this morning that I don't feel like attending...but duty calls.

Hope everyone has a good day - thanks for letting me vent!

Donna
Old 12-02-20, 09:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

December thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...39#post2900739