Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-28-20, 11:24 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey, congratulations to the STS club getting through mess 1!! Woot!!

I love flourless chocolate cake! I have a recipe that turns out pretty well each time, but it definitely has modifications from the original recipe. And that blackberry wine sounds amazing! My favorite hard cider is one with blackberry.

We had a great Thanksgiving. My newly working oven pooped out as the ham was just starting to warm. ***?! And I charred the chicken I had on the grill, but I improvised on everything and we played the skittle gratitude game during dinner and it just was super nice. My boys ate more traditional thanksgiving food than they ever have this year (even if their meat was ham -- sorry vegetarians!). It always makes me happy when they try new things and like them.

Yesterday morning we went early to get a tree. We live quite close to multiple tree farms which is good because we realized half of us forgot masks. The one we like to support had cars pouring into it so we went home, got masks, and then went to one that's just up the street from us and we were the only ones there. So perfect.

Last night I watched Moneyball with my boys since it's about to leave netflix. Good movie. Brad Pitt..... swoon......

Oh. Workouts...... yesterday I only did a yoga with Jason Anderson I think his name is. A tall black man -- he was so graceful and gorgeous. He apparently used to be a basketball player and now does yoga with the Atlanta Hawks. This morning I did Power Hour but in a bit I'm going to do another Jason yoga with my son.

Boy if we were all mixed up on what day it was before.... Thanksgiving really threw me for a loop. Somehow it feels like Friday today.

Oh, Kim..... I have a bunch of Mindy's but almost never pull them out. I think I may have that one and you've inspired me to try it.

Waves all around!!
Old 11-28-20, 03:02 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hey, congratulations to the STS club getting through mess 1!! Woot!!
HA! HA! Bee! MESS 1! I agree! Sounds like a big ole' giant mess to me! But YES, congrats to FN1 and FN2 for hanging in there! Your 1/3 through STS! Congrats!

Glad to hear everyone's Thanksgiving went well! Sounds like everyone ate alot of yummy food! I want to come to ALL of your houses for leftovers! Our smoked salmon turned out tasty, but we decided we like it better cold with cream cheese, jalapeno pepper jelly, and avocado. YUM! We had that for dinner last night and it was SO GOOD!!

I'm still holding out on Mary's sale, waiting to see if she has a Daily Deal I want. In my cart are Patrick's Turn Up and Slim Down and HWC 2. I found HWC 24/7 and Amy Dixon's Super Fit Bod on Thriftbooks for a GREAT price (plus 15% off). Their prices were better than EBay or Amazon. They are used, but that doesn't bother me, as long as they work.

My pre-Thanksgiving dinner workout was Patrick Goudeau Presents Kickbox Burn + BarreAmped Bootcamp Thighs, Seat, Stretch. Kickbox Burn was SO MUCH FUN! It will be a great Fun Friday workout. And I liked BarreAmped as add ons. Just enough barre/toning but not too much. The stretch was really good. I'll revisit the workout just for the stretch. Yesterday I did Cathe Live Lower Body Bootcamp, which is a great lower body workout, followed by Travis UY Gentle Yoga. It's been fun doing new-to-me workouts, of which I still have quite a few.

Hope to post more later. Waves and hugs to all! Love our group!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 07:36 PM  
horusosiris

Today I did a Sleek workout and an ES Ccest and arms paper workout.

I am happy that everyone had a good thanksgiving. This is the first Thanksgiving that DH and I ever spent alone. In many ways it was somewhat depressing. We always have huge family get together but alas, not this year but we are thankful to be alive and well.

I never tried flourless chocolate cake but anything cake I most likely would like!

Kittybug and Cataddict- What day are you doing HWC2? I will join the two of you.

Manelym- I posted that did Kickbox Burn on 11/25. I agree that it is fun.

Bee -
I too have a hard time keeping up with what day it is.

Kim and Bee-
I also have so many Mindy's that I have not done in over a year. Some that I have done regularly are Quickies, Tabata Bootcamp with Toys, and Intensity Overload.

Waves to All
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 09:00 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus I'm sorry your Thanksgiving wasn't the best. I think we all put a lot of pressure on ourselves to have great holiday celebrations and when they don't pan out, it is depressing, like you said. Next year will be better! At least you focused on the good things.

For those interested, I was able to post a few more pictures of Finley and Rudy in my cat album.

Manley I chuckled at your remarks about the Mess 1. Clever play on a typo!

Bee your Thanksgiving festivities were fun to read. Your family activities sounded like a Hallmark movie. But bummer on the oven dying on you again. Speaking of Hallmark movies, my husband loves them so they have been on our television A LOT this weekend.

Cataddict your posts recently about doing Christie's workouts prompted me to do one of hers today. I chose Totally Hot Cardio. OMG, I was literally smiling while I was bouncing all over my living room. Her workouts are SO MUCH FUN!! Her music is great and completely works with the choreography! I can usually get her footwork fairly quickly but when it gets too complicated I just leave out the turns or do the easier version she always shows first. I also did some of the low impact modifications as my shins were a little sore from doing Mindy Mylrea's high impact moves yesterday. I think a Tylenol before bed will help me sleep a little better.

One more day left of my 5 days off from work. I've thoroughly enjoyed it; spent a lot of time watching the birds at the feeders in the back yard, taking pictures of them, eating turkey, catching up on a lot of shows in the DVR, and relaxing with my husband and the cats.

Speaking of shows on the DVR, I've been watching The Undoing on HBO with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. It's really compelling, great acting and I totally have no idea how it will end.

Edited to add Kittybug I got a kick out of your story about your husband calling you dense.
Old 11-29-20, 12:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, horusosiris, I'm also sorry your Thanksgiving was sad. We know how important those family gatherings are to you, so it had to be very hard to not have that this year. I can tell you try to keep upbeat in spite of it.

Kim, so funny that you said we sound like a hallmark show -- I suppose it might sound that way, but we are anything but I think. Some people would probably find it very odd how we interact but we are quite close and it works somehow. Oh, I don't have Mindy's Express Intervals -- I just have Awesome Intervals. I should do that one sometime. And I saw her Fluid Strength when I was looking at her stuff this morning -- I want to try that one again too.

That Undoing show sounds really good -- I think someone else was telling me about it. We don't get HBO and I'm not sure it's worth it to add one more channel. So much to watch everywhere. I'll hope it makes its way to netflix eventually though I imagine with their new service that's not going to happen much anymore.

Manleym, that smoked salmon sounds so good! Especially the way you eat it cold -- funny, I like cold crab, too. Don't think it sounds appealing warm for whatever reason.

Oh yes, the Meso autocorrect problem -- that is so funny!!

We are all "dense", eh?! Funny, I feel like my consistent yoga has done more for me than Cathe's weight work has ever done. I guess I feel more aware of my strength when I use it, maybe? And I think the muscle definition is better.

This morning I did MIC -- I skipped the high impact section on the floor but did the rest and I could not believe my step count after!! Almost 5500. That's way more than I usually get from her. Then did Vytas' Find Your Practice Stretch #2. Definitely a good stretch.

I think we are putting our tree up later today. I suppose I ought to do prep work for that. Have a good one!!
Old 11-29-20, 02:35 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Kat's Advanced Step #5, featuring her two beautiful cats. Fun and doable although there was a bit toward the beginning when she went right into the finished combo that involved a directional change with no preview. I like that she puts a fresh twist on familiar step moves and combines them in new ways. I also subscribed to her channel to support her. Today I have Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Extreme on tap followed by Cathe's mobility workout with my new cork mat. See, now that I've written it down, I have to follow through!

Horusosiris, I'm sorry about the big change in your family Thanksgiving. I sure hope that next year is back to "normal" for all of us and we can celebrate with family in person safely! kittymax is waiting for delivery of her HWC2 so it will depend on her as to what day we do it. I'm okay with any day since I'm on a break between Messes. LOL.

And bee, thanks so much for the laugh with Mess instead of Meso! I kind of feel like a mess sometimes after one of the harder workouts, so it sure fits. And now, they will forever be Mess to me instead of Meso. LOL.

FN1, I will never, ever have veins popping out as they are buried deep in my tissue, unfortunately. It's a major deal to even get blood taken for labs, as my only visible vein is in the side of my right hand. So my arms and legs are more like marbled beef when I get more muscular, although I have noticed more definition since starting Mess 1. DH says I'm in better shape than I was 10 years ago and he doesn't really comment on my appearance, so yay!

Kim, I will check out your cat pictures. I need to add a few more to my album. LOL my photo album has more cat pix than anything else, particularly since we've not seen our family in person since March.

manley, salmon is good whether hot or cold! And I really enjoy Kickbox Burn! I think about it when I do the earlier Patrick dance video that Heather is in. Fun and fast moving, and it's cool how you can choose the order of the segments to give it a different feel. It's also great how Patrick supports other instructors. I also have Heather's Moxie 2 DVD which is a DVD-r. It's kind of high impact but not long and great for a day when time is short.

Oh, our Thanksgiving celebration did include watching the Minions Holiday Special. I love me some Minions!

Chele, hope all is okay and you are just busy with the holiday this week! I think about you when I start on a Kat workout since I know you're a fan of hers too!

FOLV, I know you are around as I've seen your posts on other threads so no APB out for you yet! I do think that FN1 and I deserved a mini cowbell for our completion of Mess 1, however!

Nathalie, hope your back is healing and you are ready to continue in Watulan Fierceness!!

Waves to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 08:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!! I'm sad the holiday weekend is coming to an end.

Today I tried out Mike Donavanik's Xtreme Burn Bodyweight Blast (the entire 60 minute workout) and added on Travis' Flow and Stretch from Y30F30 after. Mike's workout was tough! Some crazy moves in there. I think my plan for the recovery week is to not lift any more than 5 or 8 pound weights and body weight workouts/cardio/walking/yoga are also perfect for this week.

Bee, I LOVE Mess!!! That's going to be what I call the Mesos from now on, hah!! What is WITH your oven issues??? That just sucks! Glad to hear your holiday was still a hit. Sounds awesome.

Manleym, will you join us for HWC2 this week? I'll keep you all posted when mine arrives. Just FYI, I also managed to pick up some of the other workouts you mentioned of Patrick's used off Amazon since I couldn't find them anywhere else. Not sure when those will arrive but I'm looking forward to them too, Queen Enabler.

Horusosiris, I'm sending you hugs for the holiday. I'm sure the change this year is hard for people used to large family gatherings. Hang in there!!

Kim, your cat pics are PRECIOUS!!!! What beauties! I have to spend some time learning to add to an album, sheesh. Ohhhh, and I too have been enjoying The Undoing!!

CatExtreme, I have only seen one of Kat's cats and it was SO GORGEOUS I wanted to reach through the screen and stick my nose in its beautiful fur! And on our recovery week, I have to say I'm going to enjoy not having to pull out every piece of equipment I own, hah!

Yes, ChelePA, KateTT, Nathalie, and FOLV, check in when you can, please! And we need some mini-cowbell definitely for finishing Mess 1, hah hah hah!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:09 PM  
lavna

It's too late to post (as I'm a slow writer) but I had to check-in to congratulate kittybug and cataddict for making through STS1! Yay to both of you!!!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi again, Watulans!

I actually did Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme followed by Cathe's Mobility workout. I'm getting a couple other mobility workouts that I would like to try. I'm not sure that Cathe's idea of mobility and mine are quite the same lol.

FN1, Mike's workouts are very tough! I'm going to try not to do too many really tough workouts this "recovery" week before Mess 2, so Mike is gonna have to wait until after STS. Do you have any other of his workouts? Which of Kat's cats did you see? The fuzzy grey and white one? That one looks like a Persian/Himalayan/Siamese type breed. Actually I think the other one kind of does too. They are both gorgeous.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

Oh I have been so busy Thanksgiving it up that I am neglecting my bell duties!

Shame on me!
(clearing throat.. bluster gruffle blecht humpft)

For this round of Fiercely Nutty Watulans Kate, Kittybug, and Cataddict to celebrate your completion of your mess of Meso

AND in honor of our upcoming holiday .. a lovely melody of cowbell and crystal Christmas bell

(tap tap tap for silence)

GA-DANK, GADANK, GADANK and traling-da-ling dalingety ling ling lahhh-ling!!

(fanofladyvols bowing and quietly tiptoeing out with her coattails fluttering)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in