Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-20, 02:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did 30/30 followed by Christi's Still Steppin'. 30/30 wasn't quite enough for me either even with no modifications and crappy sleep the night before. Today will finish off Week 3 of Meso 1 with Legs. I think the legs workout is my "favorite" of the 3. I'm realizing setting up tons of equipment is not really my thing anymore, although I'm sure I'm benefitting from the chin ups/pull ups and it gives me a chance to use the Fit Tower more.

manley, I agree with horusosiris in that I like HWC2 better than HWC but I do like them both. HWC had some weird menu things going on in the DVD, IIRC. I love your description of kittymax as "Fiercely Nuts." LOL! Could be a great signature line for her!

bee, yikes about Cardio Core Circuit and the "doable" cardio only premix! It might have been me who commented during my chrono Cathe tour since I did the cardio only premix. It was very, very tough. I was thinking the core portions might have broken up the cardio segments and make it more doable. So the warning label on this one should read "Not as Doable as It May Appear." But you are fierce and will crush it. So to copy what Chele wrote, plus 1! Oh, and I will be doing STS next Wednesday so I'm looking at either Tuesday or Thursday for Pyramid HiiT. Not really up for doing STS and a HiiT on the same day but who knows---I might be feeling particularly fierce and go for it. Pyramid is def my favorite of the three Shock Cardio HiiTs.

kittymax, I agree with manley that Patrick's LHB and ECB are right up your fierce alley! I'm sniffing at the Toby Afterburn workout on Mary's site to see if there is an additional discount once her sale starts. I'm gonna look for him on Patrick's workouts. Which ones is he on?

Kim, Good for you for willing the battle of wills and do 30/30! I know it wasn't easy! My guys are mostly not lap cats, although the youngest will occasionally push the laptop out of the way to stretch out on me. We used to have one that would sit on my lap as long as I would let her, and I would feel really guilty if I had to move---so much so that I would finally have to race to the bathroom to avoid an "accident."

kittymax, Kim and manley, we normally prefer white but have given ourselves a Christmas present this year by ordering some PA wines that include a dry red with the very 2020 name of "Poopshow" but substitute the other word for poop. It somehow seemed appropriate for this year of horror!

Nathalie, hope your back is better! Smart to step back a bit to allow it to get to normal. I tend to work through some soreness in other body parts, but not so much with my back.

Are you all purchasing anything at Cathe's Black Friday sale? Would love some recs for Cathe Live as I'm eyeing picking up some new downloads since they are 40% off. horusosiris and kittymax, looking at you guys, and anyone else!

Kate (Bulldozer), Chele, and FOLV, what are you guys up to?

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 02:49 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay, Manleym and Cataddict, I had to add that to my signature just for you two, hah!!!

Cataddict, I'm with you on not wanting to do DWP on the same day as STS but next week I might have to do that with my Tuesday being messed up, sigh. We'll see. We're almost to week 4 of meso 1!!! Yay us! Thank you SO MUCH for keeping me going with STS because it's freaking HARD! I'm thinking about referring to STS from here on out as 'Sore, Tired, and Starving.'

And I LOVE the wine name!!!! So true, this year.

Yes, what is everyone doing for Fun Friday, because I have STS Back and Triceps which I would not consider 'fun' but it's just how my schedule is working out!

Bee, I'm having lots of those days lately of not getting nearly enough done. And yeah, it sounds to me like the full Cardio Core Circuit is maybe more doable than the premix you plan, sheesh!!

Happy Friday, my fine Watulan Fiercies!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 03:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

kittymax, popping in to say I definitely appreciate you doing STS as well. It is definitely hard, but I'm gonna keep going since you are also doing it and I can't wimp out. Otherwise I just might quietly stop mentioning it and stop doing it even though I know it's a great challenge for me! And yes, Sore, Tired and Starving is a good description! Yesterday it seemed I couldn't get enough to eat but I think at least in part it was due to poor sleep and probably not enough hydration. Today I'm drinking water like a fish so hopefully this will help keep my appetite in check. I got a good night's sleep last night and probably would have slept longer except the four legged residents were having none of it. They offer "encouragement" to help me get up. Big Orange blew a cigar sized hairball in the room, the oldest boy climbed all over me dragging his furry toy tail and howling, and the youngest started rubbing and licking my face. **sigh** gotta love 'em! We can't wait to get the wine, but it will probably be the first week of December until we get it with the holiday and shipping delays at this time of year.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 07:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick drive by.

Yesterday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast Mix 4 . The last ICE workout and I really liked this one! Believe it or not, I actually did the whole thing unweighted, even the Blizzard Blast. I kept it highly cardio and it really felt good not to have any equipment to worry about. May be my fav of the set?

FUN workout today!!
I did one of the Cathe Live that I bought...309 Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weights. Most excellent! I actually ran through it twice skipping one warmup and one cooldown and I really felt good! Cathe lifted heavy and it was a nice challenge. Someone had raved on the GD about this one and I caved pretty easily.
Like I need anymore Cathe workouts!!
But it was heavy lifting!
And then I have two more Live that also feature heavier lifting.

I'm such a sucker!

Stay well all! GREAT GREAT workouts!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 09:46 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
kittymax, popping in to say I definitely appreciate you doing STS as well. It is definitely hard, but I'm gonna keep going since you are also doing it and I can't wimp out. Otherwise I just might quietly stop mentioning it and stop doing it even though I know it's a great challenge for me! And yes, Sore, Tired and Starving is a good description! Yesterday it seemed I couldn't get enough to eat but I think at least in part it was due to poor sleep and probably not enough hydration. Today I'm drinking water like a fish so hopefully this will help keep my appetite in check. I got a good night's sleep last night and probably would have slept longer except the four legged residents were having none of it. They offer "encouragement" to help me get up. Big Orange blew a cigar sized hairball in the room, the oldest boy climbed all over me dragging his furry toy tail and howling, and the youngest started rubbing and licking my face. **sigh** gotta love 'em! We can't wait to get the wine, but it will probably be the first week of December until we get it with the holiday and shipping delays at this time of year.
OMG Cataddict I cracked up reading your post! I know all of the cat owners here can relate. Too funny!

On my way home from work I was thinking of a Fun Friday workout to do for last night but I was just too tired. I didn’t exercise and just enjoyed the night off. But I really like ChelePA’s idea for fun Friday workouts.
Old 11-21-20, 06:45 PM  
manleym

Cataddict, if Kittymax is Fiercely Nuts 1, then you're Fiercely Nuts 2! 30/30 followed by Christi's Still Steppin! Your new nickname should be Catsupreme or Catextreme! Either way, you gals are somethin' FIERCE!!

Thanks for the confirmation about HWC 2 vs HWC 24/7. Now I'm thinking about Turn Up and Slim Down. That looks pretty good too. Thoughts on that one?

Toby is a background exerciser in both Lean Hot Body and Extreme Calorie Burn. And is Paul Katami's Burn & Build. He might be in some of their other workouts but can't remember right now.

"Poopshow" (edited version) is hilarious! You'll have to let us know if it tastes like.....well..... We're red drinkers. Started with Merlots because they're pretty tame for a red, but now I prefer bold, dry cabs. Kinda like working out. You start with The Firm and eventually work your way up to Cathe. Blends and Boudreaux's are also are softer reds. We also like Pinot Noir's. Let us know if you like the wine.

I'm thinking about getting a subscription to Cathe Live. I thought about buying some downloads but the more I thought about it, a subscription isn't much more than buying downloads ($51 for 6 months or $102 for a year for 300 + workouts vs. 4 downloads for $24). And trying to choose which downloads to buy?? Wouldn't it be GREAT if a Live subscription would be a Daily Deal!!

Kittybug, STS -Sore, Tired and Starving!! LOL!! That's spit my drink across the room funny!! And THAT is why I haven't done STS. It wears me out just reading yours and Catsupreme's posts!

Speaking of wearing you out...for Fun Friday I did Paul's Kettlebell Kombs, which is a great little workout. Since it was a Paul day, I decided to do his 4x4 foam roller stretch and let me tell ya - you want a bring me to my knees/make me whimper workout?? Get on the foam roller!! I was whimpering like a baby! But I love this stretch because he stretches you from neck to calves. I think the only body part he doesn't foam roll is your ears and toes. Forearms, triceps, lats, back, neck, quads, hammies, calves, glutes - it's all there. Obviously I need to foam roll more! The big glass of red tasted REALLY good later that evening!

KateTT Chiseled Lower Body is probably my favorite workout from the ICE series. I thought about doing it today but instead I did KCM's Cardio /Sculpt Fitness which I bought during her New Year's Day sale but have never done. I previewed it when it arrived, and for some reason it didn't settle well with me, so I put it on my trade list. I decided to try it today and promptly removed it from my trade list afterward and am glad no one wanted it! It was a great workout! Definitely a keeper!

Waves and hugs to all! I hope you are all having a good Saturday!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 07:30 PM  
Mickey12

I’m continuing my quest to extinguish my virgin pile. I did the last workout in the Plyoga set I bought from one of Mary’s sales this year. I really wanted to love this set, but I just don’t. I can’t put my finger on why. But, happily, my virgin pile has only 5 workouts left! Well, not counting the Classical Stretch seasons and the Margaret Richard Unplugged workouts I have yet to do.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
Old 11-21-20, 08:35 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! Oh the names! I love the names you guys mention -- the wine, and the STS acronym. Priceless! Our neighbor makes wine and they have one they call "Quarantine Dreams". I used to like only reds but when we went to Italy we both really developed a taste for Pinot Grigio (as I've mentioned) and now drinking reds often doesn't agree with me later in the night and the next morning. Sadly!!

You guys are scaring me with the CCC talk! I mean, I know it's incredibly hard -- I only tried it the one time I'm pretty sure! -- but, I thought with my modifications that I might be ok on the cardio. I remember the core work being the tough part which is why I thought maybe the cardio only premix would be easier. Now I'm not so sure I even want to try!

That foam roller "workout" sounds amazing. I'm going to see if I have that hiding in my collection somewhere. Today I did the yoga I should have done the other day when I did that odd yin one. It was the Easy Flow or something like that from Deepen Your Practice. So nice and gentle and a great stretch.

Ooops, have to pay attention to dinner now.....
Old 11-22-20, 09:44 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday!

Cataddict- As for Cathe Live recommendations, are you looking for strength (upper, lower total body), cardio or metabolic? There are so many good Cathe Lives! BTW- all of Toby's workouts are good! I did Max 30 and Ignite this past week and I still love them. He has such an encouraging personality. I find that chin ups and pull ups are some od the most effective back, upper body exercises out there. If I want a quick upper body workout sometimes I just do pull ups and chin ups with varying hand positions.

Manleym - I agree that a subscription may be a better deal than buying multiple Cathe Live downloads. Foam rolling is great for the body. I try to foam roll regularly. Sometimes I just foam roll during TV commercials. Katami's foam roller and stretch rope workouts are so good! I did the entire 4x4 system when it was first released but I should really revisit it in 2021.

Mickey- the Classical Stretch seasons are pretty easy to work your way through since they are only 20 minutes. I usually add them into other workouts or use them as an extended stretch segment after other workouts.

Have a great day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 11:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
You guys are scaring me with the CCC talk! I mean, I know it's incredibly hard -- I only tried it the one time I'm pretty sure! -- but, I thought with my modifications that I might be ok on the cardio. I remember the core work being the tough part which is why I thought maybe the cardio only premix would be easier. Now I'm not so sure I even want to try!
bee they've scared me, too!!

And I used to be a merlot, pinot noir drinker but is it the tannins that bother you?
Anyway, I think read that somewhere pinot gris, pinot grigio have less. I have shifted in the last year to preferring those whites as well.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in