Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-20, 12:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Alta, you are very welcome; I know that chronic pain can be extremely frustrating and exhausting.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 04:30 PM  
DD546

I've been keeping up with walking 4-5 days a week. There is something about getting outside in the morning that makes the rest of the day so much better.

I've also managed to fit in some CS a couple of days this week. Thanks in part to our VFer Jackie, who had a lovely 10 minute CS routine on Face Book the other day. I felt so much better after I did it. She's a very good instructor. If you haven't had the opportunity, try to catch her workout the next time she does one.

The strength component hasn't been as good this week. I've had some issues with vertigo, and weight work (even low weight) seems to trigger it. I don't get the vertigo until hours after the workout, but there is definitely a correlation. I haven't done anything yet today. I may do a Margaret and a CS episode.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 09:50 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was Charlene Prickett's We Love Step. I really need to fit in a strength workout sometime soon.

DD, great job with all the walks. I keep meaning to substitute the time I used to spend commuting each morning with a walk, but it seems come morning time, I just want to spend that new-found time sleeping in later. I should try walking some morning to see how much better my day goes. I do try to go for a walk most evenings, even a short one. This pandemic has really reinforced to me that I am most definitely not a morning person.

I have been hearing that our Premier (sort of like the Canadian equivalent of a Governor) has a a big announcement on Friday and the rumour is that it will be another lockdown. Our Canadian Thanksgiving was mid-October, and cases have been sky-rocketing since then. I guess too many people ignored public health advice and had bigger gathering anyways.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 11:29 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Finally got in a strength workout - Cathy's new upper body workout. I liked it even better than I did the first time. Inspired by the thread on substitions for moves you don't like, I did an extra set of kickbacks instead of the tricep dips. While I don't mind them done on a chair, I find dips awkward on the step. Also got in a short walk this evening (so much for my thoughts of a morning walk).

Old 11-20-20, 08:43 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Smile

I've been mostly doing walks and stretching. Have been kind of down. We had to say goodbye to our little 5 month old kitten, Violet, due to FIP. We've had many pets over the years and had to say goodbye but this time really, really got to me. Maybe because she was so little; just a baby.

Paula - I too did Cathe's P30 upper body workout yesterday and substituted lying extensions for the tricep dips. I added on the bonus abs and stretch.

Alta - I've been using the Anti-Icky-Poo and find it does work on removing the smell. Now if I could only get this jerky cat of mine to stop doing it!

It's supposed to be warmer today but the wind is fierce. Not sure if I'll get an outdoor walk in or not.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 03:12 PM  
DCW

Feeling super stressed today. I did walk which helped a lot. Three out of four relatives are now testing negative. One more person to go.

I have been neglecting my pushups so I am back in the swing with those. I am ordering Thanksgiving dinner. I am not ready to cook and really tired of cooking so much over the past 9 months. How did my mother do it????
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 09:26 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

It seems so many of us have been having a rough week. Lets hope for a better change next week. I could not wait to see Friday come.

DCW, so glad to hear that your three relatives tested negative. I think ordering Thanksgiving dinner is an excellent idea. For our Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, I just cooked a turkey and dressing. That's it - no sides, no desserts, just the turkey. I bundled up some leftovers for my parents and my brother and his family, since we couldn't get together.

Annette, great idea about substituting in the lying extensions. That is my favourite triceps move, so I will try that next time. I am so sorry to hear about Violet. So awful to happen at such a young age.

Just a short walk today. I had my virtual painting class tonight, although my mind was not really in it for some reason.

Old 11-21-20, 01:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh Annette, how sad about Violet! I'm so sorry about your loss. (((HUGS)))

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 01:29 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Sorry I have been AWOL. The chronic pain issues are making me even crankier than usual. It takes forever to get doctor appointments and then forever to get tests and then they never come up with anything.

On top of that, we had two guys steal a decoration from our front porch in broad daylight. I even ran outside and yelled at them and they just sped away laughing.

Really, really sick of some of my fellow "human beings."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 02:29 PM  
DCW

Yard work this morning and really tired from it.

Sorry to hear about your decorations. I am the chaser in my neighborhood too. I use to carry rocks in my pockets. I hope you feel better soon.

Annette our fuzzy friends are the best and each one is special.

Good news last relative tested positive with minor problems lingering. Another relative was exposed and the Covid positive person never told anyone.
that she tested positive. So my relative is back tracking her steps and informing her job, etc.

I did do my pushups!!!

Taking out Christmas decorations and getting Christmas cards together.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing