Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-20, 10:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

kittymax, Girl, those Peak 10 bands are some serious business! The first time I tried to use them I said OUT LOUD WTH this is supposed to stretch?? It's like trying to stretch the rubber from a tire! And it's a plan for HWC2! Anyone else want to join in? It'll be the week after Thanksgiving.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 11:49 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

30/30 Thursday done! And as I was doing it I was thinking "oh who am I kidding thinking things are not as hard as I used to think they were? It's because I modify!!" So there is some truth to that. I did not do air jacks -- I did jumping jacks. I did not do tuck jumps I did pencil jumps. Etc. But I was definitely winded and I also thought it was really fun!

I followed that with some yin yoga from Inner Dimensions, though not Travis. It was not quite what I was hoping for but I decided I was too beat up to do anything but yin/restorative.

Hey, I found my Cardio Core Circuit dvd! I don't know how I missed it previously -- I think I was picturing a different look on the spine or something. At any rate, one of these days I will give it a go -- did someone say there's a cardio only premix that's doable? I can't quite remember.

Ok, I'm off to CleanMax! Have a great day!!
Old 11-19-20, 11:56 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
30/30 Thursday done! And as I was doing it I was thinking "oh who am I kidding thinking things are not as hard as I used to think they were? It's because I modify!!" So there is some truth to that. I did not do air jacks -- I did jumping jacks. I did not do tuck jumps I did pencil jumps. Etc. But I was definitely winded and I also thought it was really fun!

I followed that with some yin yoga from Inner Dimensions, though not Travis. It was not quite what I was hoping for but I decided I was too beat up to do anything but yin/restorative.

Hey, I found my Cardio Core Circuit dvd! I don't know how I missed it previously -- I think I was picturing a different look on the spine or something. At any rate, one of these days I will give it a go -- did someone say there's a cardio only premix that's doable? I can't quite remember.

Ok, I'm off to CleanMax! Have a great day!!
Bee...I find Cardio Core Circuit one of the toughest
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 03:37 PM  
manleym

KateTT - BULLDOZER!! LOL! I can see why your hubby calls you that! You are TOUGH!! My hubby does workout (when he feels like it) but like you and Cataddict I'm definitely the one with more stamina and endurance. And discipline. I feel almost the opposite about metabolic workouts. Those are the ones I reach for most often. I haven't done ICE MTB premix 4 but I love the main workout! I did the main workout + BBlast. It's more of an effort for me to do strength. Probably because I am not as STRONG as you!

Horusosiris and Cataddict thanks for the feedback regarding Patrick's dance workouts. I have all of those you mentioned, plus HWC 2 and HWC 24/7 on my wishlist. Do you like HWC 2 or HWC 24/7 better? Also looking on Amazon and just posted a trade list in the hopes of trading for some of them. Kittybug you might also look at Lean Hot Body and Extreme Calorie Burn. They are dandys!

Kittybug Toby is good! "Ok team!" Like Bee I had Afterburn but traded it. There must have been a Cathe or KCM I wanted more. I remember it being tough! I still have his Chiseled dvd and really like it. He has a YouTube channel if you want more Toby. He's pals with Patrick and Paul, and is a background exerciser in some of their workouts.

Nathalie I hope your back is feeling better! I totally understand having to be more careful as we age. That's why I'm adding in so much yoga. I don't feel nearly as stiff when I add it to my other workouts. And the maple trees and color sound absolutely lovely! We don't have much of a fall. Some color, but not like you gals up north. I've always wanted to take a trip to see the leaves change. Hubby's aunt lives in Wisconsin so we love seeing the pictures she posts on FB. Well, he shows them to me because I'm not active on FB. This is my social media.

Speaking of adding to other workouts - Kittybug you are NUTS (in a FIERCE way, not in a bad way!) adding all of those other HARD workouts to STS! I'm wiped out just reading your posts (and Cataddicts)! STS sounds like a beast in and of itself, much less without adding the other intense workouts!

Bee it's nice to be in a place where you've progressed but are not feeling like you "have to" push yourself so hard all week long/all of the time. I'm "getting" there. And some days it's not much of a choice. My body just says "uh, uh...not today sister..." It's fun wanting, and doing, workouts that used to be so hard but are now doable! YAY! Why did the guy have a hole in his shirt? That is odd. Either don't wear a shirt or wear one without holes. Oh, thanks for the ideas on modifying some of the moves in 30/30. I do.not.like tuck jumps and it never occurred to me to do pencil jumps instead. Great idea! I'm getting to an age and stage where I'm not afraid to modify! Might have to do pencil jumps this afternoon when I do 30/30. And I do think there's a cardio only premix on CCC. I vaguely remember doing it because I didn't want to do all the getting up and down from the floor in the main workout. Glad you found your dvd!

Kim I'll be joining you soon for a big glass of red!

ChelePA noticed you posted on Cathe's forum about Kat. Have you tried this new gal? I haven't.

Hugs and waves to all!

P.S. I'm planning on doing Double Wave Pyramid next Wednesday if anyone's interested in doing it. Or maybe Tuesday if that works better for everyone.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 07:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday, Watulans!!

I joined you all in 30/30 today, but I felt like we just got going at the air jacks/tuck jumps and suddenly it was OVER! So I added in Fit Split Shred Cardio to finish things off, and that did the job. I like 30/30, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely of lower intensity which is fantastic to have a workout like that! I was just in the mood for more today since I'm only doing cardio on days I'm not doing STS.

I too am planning Double Wave next week too but I don't know when. I might not be able to do anything on Tuesday which will throw a wrench into my schedule so we'll see.

Cataddict, RIGHT on those Peak 10 bands?? I thought the same thing the first time I took it out of the package...who sent me a tire???

Bee, you crack me up!!! When are you going to do Core Cardio Circuit? I might have to join you. That one has a bit of dread for me, like ChelePA says, it's TOUGH!

Manleym, QUEEN Enabler, okay, I've added those Patrick workouts to my wish list on Amazon since Mary doesn't have them...they look GREAT! I'm so happy to hear that about Toby too, how fun! I feel like I've missed a lot during all those years I was only doing yoga and barre, sigh. Oh well!

Kim, I'll be joining you and Manleym on the red, for sure!

Did everybody else get through 30/30? Did ya have fun!!???? Stay fierce, my friends, it's almost Friday!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 09:33 PM  
Mickey12

So this was my post on Fitchicks earlier:

"Oh people, I am sooooo conflicted right now. I am all snuggled up under a fuzzy blanket with two cats totally zoned out and I am loving it! I want to work out and do Cathe 30/30 which was the plan for today, but I also don’t want to disturb the cats. I am afraid the cats might win this one."

I am happy to report that I got up and did Hiit 30/30. Yeah me!! I talked myself into it because it's only 30 minutes after all. I took a tip from Bea and did pencil jumps instead of tuck jumps and I also modified the airjacks. It feels great to say my workout is done! It's later than normal and it's pretty much my bedtime now, but I'm glad I did it.
Old 11-20-20, 11:31 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday to ALL! The Weekend is Here!

Today I did an ES chest and arm workout and followed it with Toby's Ignite workout.
I did do Hiit 30/30 on Thursday. I agree that this workout is one of the easier Cathe Hiit workouts. I shortened the rest periods for most of the moves to make it more challenging.

It looks like many oft the new Cathe Black Friday deals are the same one that she offers at various times throughout the year.

Manleym- I like HWC 2 more than HWC 24/7 but i like them both. I agree that Lean hot Body and Extreme Calorie Burn are also good Patrick choices. I will do double Wave Pyramid with you next week.

Kittybug- Yes, Toby's workouts are also very good.

Enjoy the weekend.

horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 12:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, that's impressive! I would have succumbed to the kitties, hah!

Horusosiris, I just noticed that too on Cathe's deals, that the Live coupon is the same as is always offered. Oh well, I'll wait until my STS rotation is over to rejoin Live, I think. Maybe.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 01:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! Happy Friday!

Kim, way to go on getting motivated to do 30/30!! Go you!!!

So "Wave on Wednesday"? That is, do we want to do DWP on Wednesday? If others want to join me in Core Cardio Circuit -- cardio only for me! -- do you want to add that in next week or the week after?

This morning I did about 20 minutes of the kickboxing from Cross Train and then I did "Twists in the Mist" -- a Rudy focusing on twists that was only 45 minutes long. I was short on time and the Vytas twists was not only a level harder but 70 minutes. So I did Rudy's. Found myself watching the clock and I'm not sure if that was me worrying about my short timing or.... just Rudy.

Ok, off for more cleaning. I never get as much done as I want to these days!! Have a good one!!
Old 11-20-20, 01:39 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

I did 30/30 yesterday and agree with KB that it FLEW! I "thought" about adding on another workout, but then thought "Nah...not gonna." So I did Travis's Yoga 30 for 30 Yin practice. I did like 30/30 and the only think I modified was the fast feet shuffles around the step. Due to my lack of workout space, I didn't feel comfortable moving around the step (and I was just being lazy) so I just stayed in place while doing them. And Cathe said I could.

KB you'll LOVE Patrick's LHB and ECB! I just know it!!

Kim congrats on getting up from your cozy spot and doing 30/30! Yay you!

Horusosiris thanks for feedback on HWC 2 and HWC 27/7. I was kinda leaning that way so it's good you confirmed by hunch.

Kinda too bad that the the Live BF coupon is the same as is always offered, meaning I could have subscribed sooner, but at least I'm not missing out in a BBD and can go ahead and subscribe.

What's everyone doing for Fun Friday?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in