Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-20, 09:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Great news Pat, and nice moon avatar!

Paula, I've loved your ornament avatar when I've seen it before.

DCW, I love seeing wild turkeys! I see them sometimes on my way to work but now I'm working from home 4 days/week.

Enjoyed a really nice candlelight yoga class last night! I'm off work today; maybe some kickboxing is in order?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 01:34 PM  
DCW

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I did manage a workout with Miranda/Essentrics this morning before work.

I am buying a turkey for Thanksgiving/USA in November. I figure what we don't eat, I can freeze for later.

On a neighborhood board, someone complained "There are wild turkeys in our yard and driveway. Whoever owns them needs to come get them." LOL
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 03:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Monday was no workout. I did do some organizing of the fitness closet where I keep my DVDs and other stuff.

Tuesday, I did 10 Days to a Better Body upper body.

POSTURE CHECK!

Last edited by Vintage VFer; 11-04-20 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Posted wrong workout
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 04:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, I would never want to get rid of the turkeys!

For anyone who needs it, I posted a "Compassion Meditation for Those Who Are Hurting" to my YouTube channel:
https://youtu.be/3_G4t_OslH0

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-04-20, 08:07 PM  
BunnyHop

My yardwork workout went on hiatus. Was back at it for a little while today. Sigh. Losing my enthusiasm for this one. Need a better audiobook, I guess.

Too funny about the turkeys. Yeah, other people's pet turkeys can be such a nuisance.
Old 11-05-20, 09:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I meditated on Glo twice yesterday - Destress and Focus by Rod Stryker and Support Restless Sleep by Felicia Tomasko. I also got almost 6,000 steps just from hunting for toilet paper!!! Here we go again.

I will try for an outdoor walk today. This week has worked out to be a total bomb in the exercise department.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 09:49 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi, all! I'm doing Perfect 30 weights with Walk Strong 2 cardio this week, and yoga of course. Monday I did all the bonuses from Perfect Pump, strung together - that was pretty good. Yesterday I did a "New Nerves" premix from RaviAna's Body Electric. I chose that bc I haven't used that disc in a long time. There was a bit more core work than I needed 'cause I was still sore from Cathe's core bonus, but it was plank work, which I like. Today was the WS2 step workout - it's Jessica's step, simple but not too easy - I liked it, and I don't usually like step. Tonight I'm going to yoga class. Work is busy/crazy, which is good, keeps my mind off other things.

My grandson lives with his other grandparents, and I just learned that his other grandfather is in the hospital with covid. His aunt has it too. Please keep them in your thoughts. We haven't seen either of the sick people nor our grandson for a few weeks (we'd hoped to see him this weekend, now he's quarantined of course), so we're not exposed.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:48 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Annette, I guess your kitty is feeling the stress, too. I found a great product that actually does help with kitty accidents. It is called "Anti-Icky Poo." It works way better than Nature's Miracle. I've only seen it on Amazon though:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=anti+icky+poo&ref=nb_sb_noss

Pat, when we clean behind major appliance we find dozens of cat toys and paper balls.

Beth, thanks for the "Compassion" meditation. Honestly, you could read the phone book and it would be relaxing!

Laura - thoughts and prayers for your family!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-05-20, 11:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Alta that is sweet! Like so many others, I never really like the sound of my own voice - but over time, I am sure I have developed an advanced therapist/yoga teacher voice.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-05-20, 03:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh jeez, I forgot to post Wednesday's workout.

I dug deep into the far reaches of my shelves and pulled out - T-Tapp: Step It To The Max. It's basically a nice, 30-minute walking workout with a lot of arm and posture moves.

I'm not crazy about her warm-ups and stretches. With a vertebral compression fracture, I am NOT going to do her severe forward bends and flexions. I skip the pelvic tucks, too. So, am I still doing T-Tapp as Teresa commanded? Probably not.

I just enjoyed her sing-song voice and the walk in general as a change of pace.

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing