Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-20, 05:43 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I don’t get here very often any more, but I was shocked to see this thread. I’ve met some great people through this forum, and it makes me sad that new members aren’t being admitted and the software can’t be maintained.
Old 11-04-20, 02:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Wendy is hoping to be able to stop in and respond soon.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 05:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 11-04-20, 07:25 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Maybe it's like when you get a new job and have to train someone to take your old one over. Sometimes it takes more time to pull all that guidance together for them than it would to just do the job yourself - and you just don't have the time for either one.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Maybe Wendy is in jail. Maybe she got kidnapped by aliens. Maybe VF is nothing but an annoying burden to her anymore. Full of whiners like me who want her to do something.

We can speculate all day. In fact, we have been speculating for years.

All I know is the VF is more important to me than ever. It isn't "just a fitness forum" anymore. For me and many others, it is a lifeline to some kind of reason and sanity.

VF has been enormously helpful for me personally during the pandemic. In a practical way, I got great advice about grocery pick-up service, ordering from Chewy, etc. And about coping or support issues.

Really, who needs VF?

I do!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 12:51 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
... Really, who needs VF?

I do!!!
I'm right there with you. I don't know about others, but I pray my internet service doesn't falter. Without it, I have to wonder what would happen to my life. I've gotten so much good advice.

It's irritating that I seem to be the only person in the world without a smart phone (and therefore who can't text or take pictures at the drop of a hat), and frustrating that I feel overwhelmed at the thought of acquiring yet another something new.

I don't want more new tech. I just got comfortable with the old stuff, and want it to continue as-is, thank you!
Old 11-05-20, 12:54 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I'm right there with you. I don't know about others, but I pray my internet service doesn't falter. Without it, I have to wonder what would happen to my life. I've gotten so much good advice.

It's irritating that I seem to be the only person in the world without a smart phone (and therefore who can't text or take pictures at the drop of a hat), and frustrating that I feel overwhelmed at the thought of acquiring yet another something new.

I don't want more new tech. I just got comfortable with the old stuff, and want it to continue as-is, thank you!
Anna, I do not have a smartphone either. I have a kindle I use most of the time for internet. I use our desktop computer if I have to type anything long.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 01:25 PM  
sbh

I also don't have a iphone. I have vision issues and looking at a small screen gives me horrible headaches and eyeball aches as well. I am still using my desktop and large monitor.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 06:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:

All I know is the VF is more important to me than ever. It isn't "just a fitness forum" anymore. For me and many others, it is a lifeline to some kind of reason and sanity.

VF has been enormously helpful for me personally during the pandemic. In a practical way, I got great advice about grocery pick-up service, ordering from Chewy, etc. And about coping or support issues.

Really, who needs VF?

I do!!!
^^^This

I truly wish Wendy would share with us the difficulties she's facing in maintaining this forum and roadblocks to removing glitches, adding moderators and allowing new registered users to post.

We just need to understand and we can't without her input.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 07:43 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Really, who needs VF?

I do!!!
Preach! I've been experiencing so much grief on many levels this year, and while I haven't always visited VF on a daily basis over the past 18? years, there was so much comfort in knowing this safe space was there whenever I needed it, not to mention the irreplaceable wealth of info about workouts and fitness info.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues